"Reload" commercial with October 23rd date.

Lady Lilith

http://www.gamezone.com/products/playstation-3/news/sony-the-reload-ad-teases-important-october-23rd-date-and-maybe-another-announcement

It appears that Sony is readying itself for some sort of announcement on October 23, 2012. Today, Sony released a short, 16-second advertisement teaser called "The Reload" on its PlayStation YouTube channel.

The clip, which can be seen below, features a woman sitting at a desk examining a weapon when the power mysteriously goes out. The first thing to notice is it appears to be the same woman from the famous "For Michael" ad that Sony released last year, celebrating some of Sony's iconic video game characters and a fictitious gamer named Michael who helped them on their adventures.

Also present in the video is a sign on the desk that says "SARU! GET YOU!", a reference to Sony's Ape Escape franchise. Probably the most notable feature in this clip is when the power goes out and you hear the electrical sound indicating Cole from the inFAMOUS franchise.

While the video could be foreshadowing some sort of announcement (possibly a new inFAMOUSgame?), it's most likely for the upcoming PlayStation Store redesign which is set to go live on October 23, 2012 — the same date shown at the end of the video.

Each person will likely take their own meaning away from the teaser. For me, the title of the video plus the date at the end seems pretty evident it's for the PlayStation Store design update. However, others maintain hope that we'll be hearing about a new inFAMOUS game relatively soon. For others, the fact that it's the same woman from the Michael ad could mean a continuation for the ad campaign, perhaps with new characters appearing in the future.

Personally, it wouldn't really make much sense to me if the ad was related to the new store update, since well...it doesn't make sense and has nothing to do with advertising the store. I'm hoping for an Infamous 3 reveal, and that's what does make sense to me. I'm a little fuzzy on old faces, but that woman kinda made me think of Moya, maybe a game in between 1 and 2? Anyway, maybe that's just me hoping for a new Infamous, but it does seem strange that they haven't announced an Infamous 3 yet.

Was hoping this was inFamous 3 but am sadly disappointed due to the visuals shone in each video.

OR, I could be wrong and this could be an announcement for multiple PS3/PS Vita games which include inFamous 3, Uncharted 4 (or whatever it is), Jak & Daxter 4, Ratchet & Clank 4 (Future series), and whatever reference to a Playstation series is in this video.

All signs would seem to point to All Stars (unfortunately). Pretty stupid to put this much effort into something we already know about.

The other option would be a price cut and/or bundle announcement for the holiday season, showing off all of the great games you can get on PS3 "now at a lower price."

After seeing all these quick videos appearing on Youtube and hoping it was Infamous 3 then realizing it was Playstation Shitstars, I was perplexed. This was probably the WORST marketing I've seen for a title near realize simply because all these videos look like they were hinting towards a NEW instead of one that was already near release.

Anyways, I tried the Public Beta and I have to say, it's confusing, boring, and unbalanced. I appreciate what the devs. were going for and they have my upmost respect, but the character balance is off the rails and it's chaos left and right. Super Smash Bros. was able to contain all this and still gave the player a blast but this... Out of the 2 matches I've played (and I keep getting disconnected!), everyone has a fetish for Kratos it seems, and he's the most powerful character in the game. He's able to take out guys from close up and far away leaving other playable characters no real oppurtunity to see what they can do. Maybe it's me but I wasn't looking forward to the game at first, and I definitely know I'm not looking forward to it now.

Perhaps it works well on Vita? :)

After seeing all these quick videos appearing on Youtube and hoping it was Infamous 3 then realizing it was Playstation Shitstars, I was perplexed. This was probably the WORST marketing I've seen for a title near realize simply because all these videos look like they were hinting towards a NEW instead of one that was already near release.

Anyways, I tried the Public Beta and I have to say, it's confusing, boring, and unbalanced. I appreciate what the devs. were going for and they have my upmost respect, but the character balance is off the rails and it's chaos left and right. Super Smash Bros. was able to contain all this and still gave the player a blast but this... Out of the 2 matches I've played (and I keep getting disconnected!), everyone has a fetish for Kratos it seems, and he's the most powerful character in the game. He's able to take out guys from close up and far away leaving other playable characters no real oppurtunity to see what they can do. Maybe it's me but I wasn't looking forward to the game at first, and I definitely know I'm not looking forward to it now.

Perhaps it works well on Vita? :)

I really liked the title on the Vita. I didn't bother to download it on my PS3 because I have almost zero HDD space left so I downloaded it for the Vita and I was really impressed. I had no lag at all, the game was extremely smooth and it looked fantastic. I didn't feel like any characters were super overpowered (I had no problem being competitive playing as Sly Cooper) and it seemed to be pretty well balanced thus far. I'm sure when the game releases there will be many a patch to further balance the game so I wouldn't be too worried about that.

Parker

• Like 1