15 minutes of Metal Gear Survive gameplay (TGS)

ultraomega22

In this world exclusive, METAL GEAR SURVIVE takes to the stage for the first time at TGS 2016. Join a squad of four players as they work together on a mission to infiltrate a dilapidated compound and then defend it from the onslaught of relentless creatures. Using co-op stealth, infiltration and defense tactics, and special new equipment and weapons, the squad provides a glimpse of both new and familiar survival gameplay elements that form METAL GEAR SURVIVE.

dzpuntxuxtvklidi80qn.jpg

• Like 4

You know what I'm going to try have a positive outlook for this game, it's built off MGSV's gameplay which was the good part of the game and it seems like it's being applied well here. The story basis may sound ridiculous but its not like MGSV was stellar in the story department either. I wonder if the base/squad building aspect of TPP will make it into the game in some form now that would be interesting for a survival (horror?) type game like this.

• Like 1

Now I don't think the game looks terrible. If you're into this kind of game, then I'm sure you could find something enjoyable here, but this isn't a Metal Gear game. The only reason they slapped Metal Gear on this was to cash in on the IP. Yes, Konami is a business and is looking to make money, but if anything, this harms the Metal Gear name. I get that it's a spin off like Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, but I felt like that actually added something worthwhile to the series. Instead of making this, I would of much preferred a sequel to MGRR. I guess it's better than them trying to make a mainline game though. <_<

• Like 3

Now I don't think the game looks terrible. If you're into this kind of game, then I'm sure you could find something enjoyable here, but this isn't a Metal Gear game. The only reason they slapped Metal Gear on this was to cash in on the IP. Yes, Konami is a business and is looking to make money, but if anything, this harms the Metal Gear name. I get that it's a spin off like Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, but I felt like that actually added something worthwhile to the series. Instead of making this, I would of much preferred a sequel to MGRR. I guess it's better than them trying to make a mainline game though. <_<

While I do see you point and kind of agree with you, I don't think this game will hurt the Metal Gear name because it's actually a game. Considering Konami had planned on using the Metal Gear name for pachinko/pachislot machine, I think this is better then letting the name die in the Japanese pachinko market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULMV0m-1AO8 < One of their official videos.

>372 comments

And I counted 103/104 comments - all positive, I might add.

They've also disabled the rating...

I didn't know about that video.

Everyone is focused in this one 

Edited by RemiXound