"Explore" questions *possible spoilers?*

Sir_Bee

I have some questions about the Explore feature. When I first saw it I got all excited and sent out every sprout I had, because it said more was better, and they all promptly died. So now I am curious how to do this properly. So I have a bunch of questions, and if you have answers to any of them, I would greatly appreciate the help.

A] How old can the sprouts get before they die of old age, or start to deteriorate?

B] How high is a good number for ability? I have had some around 200, but don't know if that is high or low?

C] Do the captions by their names have any real meaning? example "My ability still rest within me"

D] What would a good set be to send out? Should I send out everyone I have? One high ability sprout? Is it good to combine weak ones with strong ones? Young with old?

E] What exactly are they finding? It keeps saying new dungeons, are they finding dungeons you cannot get to any other way, or just finding them sooner? Do they find gear or treasures?

F] Finally, do the clues they leave stack, or are they just for the next search party?

Thanks for any help you can provide. :)

Edited by Sir_Bee

The explore feature is poorly explained and not very well documented so most of this is just from my personal experience and what I've gathered from around the web and shouldn't be taken as concrete fact:

A] Some people have reported having sprouts live to an age of up to 30, personally I've found anything past 20 is rare.

B] A long-lived sprout with a good growth rate can reach 1000-1200+, how much you need depends on what you're looking for (more on that below)

C] I believe the captions are supposed to be a general indicator of the sprout's growth rate, for example if they say they're worried about their growth their ability level is not likely to increase much even if the sprout lives a long time. Don't really have much in the way of specifics though, sorry.

E] Sprouts can find one of three things: BGMs, dungeons, or "Change JP" items that allow you to refund a character's spent JP so that you can redistribute them (these are extremely rare). Dungeons found when exploring are special dungeons that can only be unlocked via explore and are completely optional. Some of them are extremely high level.

F] From what I understand clues increase the chance of success until the next discovery is made. No real way to confirm this however.

As for D] it depends on what you're trying to unlock. The "hassle-free" way of doing it is to raise a single sprout up to a decent ability level (around 800 or so) and then just savescum the crap out of it... save your game, send him out, and if he fails to return, reload. This should work for discovering BGMs and the lower level dungeons but the higher level ones will require a higher overall ability level (I've heard a recommended combined ability level of 3000-4000 for unlocking the LV9999 dungeon).