EU now gets this game

DrakeHellsing

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-nz/ps2-classics-on-ps4/cid=STORE-MSF75508-DISCOVERPS2ONPS4

Checked the online store just now, being curious about Red Dead Revolver... while that's not there, Metal Slug Anthology has shown up instead, which is just awesome.  So I am going to be getting this game this week for sure once I get paid this week.

Now all we need is, even if it'll be highly unlikely... to get Manhunt here on the New Zealand store.

• Like 1

Oh that's awesome! glad to see Sony improved on this aspect compared to previous PS1 and PS2 Classics on the PS3, with most of them getting released only on certain regions (i.e. Fatal Frame/Project Zero only got a NA release, but not an European one, sadly :(. Same for Silent Hill 4 which was only released on the Japanese Store but never got a NA or EU release, and many other examples more...)

Still is too bad some countries aren't getting some of them due to their ban! but at least this makes more sense than not releasing non-banned games on certain regions for not reason, like the ones I previously mentioned which were never banned on those regions.

Hope your Store can get Manhunt at some point! :) and hopefully Rockstar will finally re-release Manhunt 2 despite its initial controversy. It didn't got a PS2 Classic re-release last gen, although it got a PSP/Vita re-release years ago on the Store.

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

Oh that's awesome! glad to see Sony improved on this aspect compared to previous PS1 and PS2 Classics on the PS3, with most of them getting released only on certain regions (i.e. Fatal Frame/Project Zero only got a NA release, but not an European one, sadly :(. Same for Silent Hill 4 which was only released on the Japanese Store but never got a NA or EU release, and many other examples more...)

Still is too bad some countries aren't getting some of them due to their ban! but at least this makes more sense than not releasing non-banned games on certain regions for not reason, like the ones I previously mentioned which were never banned on those regions.

Hope your Store can get Manhunt at some point! :) and hopefully Rockstar will finally re-release Manhunt 2 despite its initial controversy. It didn't got a PS2 Classic re-release last gen, although it got a PSP/Vita re-release years ago on the Store.

I'm guessing that perhaps they were wanting to get it released, but like Psychonauts, it got delayed, perhaps because of the rating system or whichever the case was for Psychonauts, being the same case for this and The King of Fighters 2000 having said delays.

But hey, I'm glad this gets released at long last for us, I do like Metal Slug for sure and would not mind playing all six of the games for sure.

• Like 1

Awesome! :D  I thought this was going to stay NA exclusive. Strange of them to have the large delay if they were going to bring it to the rest of the world. Maybe they had some technical issues.

For a moment I thought it was Taco Master. Oh well!

Pray to the taco gods!

Edited by olimoo101

Awesome! :D  I thought this was going to stay NA exclusive. Strange of them to have the large delay if they were going to bring it to the rest of the world. Maybe they had some technical issues.

Yeah, that's what I figured in the end too, but hey, as I said, glad it's released, wanted to play this one for sure.  I mean I think it was either the 2nd or 3rd one I've played before, but I can't recall off the top of my head.  Still fun for sure :D

Well, with Fatal Frame being Nintendo IP now, I doubt either region is going to get it now...

But Nintendo owns the IP since years ago even before Sony started releasing PS2 Classics on the PS3, and Sony was still able to release PS2 Classics versions of the PS2 Fatal Frame/Project Zero trilogy on the PS Store despite Nintendo owning the IP at the moment.

So I believe this is a similar case to Crash Bandicoot: Sony doesn't own the IP of them so they can't release new games of those series on PS, but they do own the PS2/PS1 versions so they can make re-releases and remasters out of them :) that's why the original PS1 Crash Bandicoot trilogy is getting remastered now.

Edited by Finozzi1696

But Nintendo owns the IP since years ago even before Sony started releasing PS2 Classics on the PS3, and Sony was still able to release PS2 Classics versions of the PS2 Fatal Frame/Project Zero trilogy on the PS Store despite Nintendo owning the IP at the moment.

I would hope this is the case but it's Ninty, you never know what they could do to protect their IPs =D

I would hope this is the case but it's Ninty, you never know what they could do to protect their IPs =D

"Ninty" can't do anything. If what you say is true then they would have "done something" to prevent Sony from putting them on the PS3 Store some years ago.

Nintendo has owned the Fatal Frame IP since prior to 2008, when they released "Mask of the Lunar Eclipse" exclusively for the Wii, and still Sony managed to release the whole trilogy for the PS3 on 2013.

This is because the first three Fatal Frame games were published by Tecmo so they don't have any connection to Nintendo, and thus Nintendo doesn't have any power over them.

If you go to the US PS Store you can even read the trilogy was published by Sony Interactive Entertainment America. You can also check that by going to the ESRB site and typing "Fatal Frame".

Meanwhile all the Fatal Frame games that were released from 2008 onwards were published by Nintendo themselves, so they own those titles and thus Sony can't bring them to PlayStation. But Sony is freely to re-release the PS2 trilogy on PS4 since they are not tied to Nintendo in any way.

"Ninty" can't do anything. If what you say is true then they would have "done something" to prevent Sony from putting them on the PS3 Store some years ago.

Nintendo has owned the Fatal Frame IP since prior to 2008, when they released "Mask of the Lunar Eclipse" exclusively for the Wii, and still Sony managed to release the whole trilogy for the PS3 on 2013.

This is because the first three Fatal Frame games were published by Tecmo so they don't have any connection to Nintendo, and thus Nintendo doesn't have any power over them.

If you go to the US PS Store you can even read the trilogy was published by Sony Interactive Entertainment America. You can also check that by going to the ESRB site and typing "Fatal Frame".

Meanwhile all the Fatal Frame games that were released from 2008 onwards were published by Nintendo themselves, so they own those titles and thus Sony can't bring them to PlayStation. But Sony is freely to re-release the PS2 trilogy on PS4 since they are not tied to Nintendo in any way.

Okay, this sounds convincing enough.

Hopefully that is the case.