Back up your saves!

schnarff77

So, I had just completed assembling the last piece of "special clothing" you need to assault the final boss on my survivor, no vita chamber run and the game locked up and corrupted all my save data, resetting the collectible count and the game difficulty on all my previous saves.  I was 1 audio diary away from Historian and the boss run away from being finished. Unfortunately, I didn't have my saves backed up to online storage either, so I am essentially screwed unless I want to do another survivor, no vita-chamber run... and that's not going to happen right now.

I don't know that this will happen to anyone else, but in an effort to save someone else all the struggle of survivor and collecting without the reward of the platinum, I recommend backing up your saves externally. 

Edit:  It seems that difficulty is applied across saves universally as a sort of profile setting.  So, I changed the difficulty back to survivor in an early save, then replayed the end with it now at survivor and the trophies popped.  With this in mind, it might be worth it to test if one can just do an easy run and then change the difficulty in an earlier save to survivor, resulting in getting all the trophies at the end.  If anyone else is willing, after all.  I started on survivor and shall end that way.

Edited by schnarff77
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...