Four Urns Trophy and easy to miss director's commentary

These videos are great, I used your urns one to help me find the ones I was missing.

I don't suppose you have a video (or can recommend one) for all of the voice over points?  I have taken my time and explored every area possible but obviously seem to be missing some and I have no idea where those could possibly be, been through three times now but having trouble.

These videos are great, I used your urns one to help me find the ones I was missing.

I don't suppose you have a video (or can recommend one) for all of the voice over points?  I have taken my time and explored every area possible but obviously seem to be missing some and I have no idea where those could possibly be, been through three times now but having trouble.

Thinking about make new video-walkthrough for this one..

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
20 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I have completed the game twice now collecting all 4 urns. I see the ashes blow away and have played each chapter to completion but it isn't popping.

Have you tried zooming in on the urn as the ashes blow away? I did that on each urn and it popped on the first playthrough. Not sure if it helps but I thought I'd mention it.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 4:35 PM, SinisterPledge said:

Have you tried zooming in on the urn as the ashes blow away? I did that on each urn and it popped on the first playthrough. Not sure if it helps but I thought I'd mention it.

It popped after collecting the first one again, the third time playing through. I don't think I did anything different. I guess it's just kind of buggy.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 29/07/2019 at 11:05 PM, DaikichiKawachi said:

It popped after collecting the first one again, the third time playing through. I don't think I did anything different. I guess it's just kind of buggy.

It is glitchy AF. I've completed the game on two accounts before attempting the quick run on my main one. First time the trophy has popped was just like in your situation - 1st urn during third playthrough. Next time I had to get to the third chapter and after activating the one in the caves it's finally worked. And obviously, it had to glitch the most while I was getting the plat on the main account - 4th chapter. Because that's what usually happens. =/ So I had to complete the game thrice then. How come they are so full of themselves yet didn't control such a minor thing? I guess the PS4 port version is the worst, because some other company worked on it. Not to mention that the devs decided that you have to listen to their nonsense while going for the plat. You have to complete Dear Esther at least twice to get it.

The main producer thinks that "there are cave levels before and after DE in video gaming". Uhm...Excuse me?! What's so different about the ugly looking, basic design of the third chapter? I like the music but the so called tension of it was done many years ago in various games. They aren't original in that matter. Even second Tomb Raider had space for the soundtrack in their levels. Everyone remembers moments when all you heard was the sound of the environment and then suddenly the music kicked in, bringing either a beautiful atmosphere when you've unlocked a new area or was attacked by the bad guys. It's nothing new.

I'm utterly disappointed at this game, because I remember hearing a lot about it. The story is fine but the way they've told it is just meh..."First walking simulator"? I doubt that. It's sad to say but I've enjoyed Proteus more. If it wasn't for the simple plat then it would be a total waste of time, even considering it's awfully short.

• 5 months later...
On 13/08/2021 at 10:44 PM, The-Smiths-85 said:

"First walking simulator"? I doubt that.

Dear Esther as a Source mod released in 2008, likely not the first non-violent exploration game, but it started discussion (walking sim came first as a derogatory term) around how to refer to these things so is regarded as such. That’s all.

On 05/02/2022 at 0:06 PM, johndrinkwater said:

Dear Esther as a Source mod released in 2008, likely not the first non-violent exploration game, but it started discussion (walking sim came first as a derogatory term) around how to refer to these things so is regarded as such. That’s all.

The devs were bragging about it in the game but it's definitely NOT the first game of such type. The only thing that came out of that mod (of Half-life if I remember accordingly) was the term. They are sooo full of themselves.