Free as a Bird trophy unobtainable now?

item112z

• 1 year later...
42 minutes ago, Baron_Bonk said:

As off July 31, 2017 the Near functionality is completely shut down, meaning that game goods cannot be exchanged anymore and as a consequence making this trophy unobtainable.

https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Termination-of-support-for-near-and-Live-from-PlayStation-applications-on-PlayStation-Vita

Seriously dude? Oh man! I was really excited to get this plat. I am very disappointed right now! :-( Well, I'll try to get the other (still) possible trophies. Thanks for helping me. Cheers!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baron_Bonk said:

Yeah it's a pity every trophy that was related to any functionality of Near is no longer attainable. A long and hard plat now out of reach for some :( 

2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

The near trophy for dream c club zero portable still works, so there should be some games that still work as well. 

Actually, not every trophy with Near functionality is unobtainable. For example, there were trophies that just required you to "send" something, but not "receive." IIRC, only a handful of games were affected by this: Angry Birds, A-men (Vita), and Travel Bug. Some others (SFxT, I believe is one example) are still OK, even though they technically have Near trophies.

In short, it really depends on what Near functionality was required for the trophies. Your best bet is to check on a case-by-case basis by going to individual trophy guides/message boards.

16 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Actually, not every trophy with Near functionality is unobtainable. For example, there were trophies that just required you to "send" something, but not "receive." IIRC, only a handful of games were affected by this: Angry Birds, A-men (Vita), and Travel Bug. Some others (SFxT, I believe is one example) are still OK, even though they technically have Near trophies.

In short, it really depends on what Near functionality was required for the trophies. Your best bet is to check on a case-by-case basis by going to individual trophy guides/message boards.

Good to know, thanks! Though when I tried to help lu2l0i1c2olu out with sending a bird in Angry Birds, I also wasn't able to upload it to Near, so it does really depend on what the trophy demands/at which point it will pop. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...

No there is a possibility those players earned it legit. If you've sent and received back all the birds but the big bird before Near was depracated and after that you've unlocked big bird and sent it on migration, the trophy would unlock before (trying to) connecting to Near.

It is unobtainable if you were not on that point in the game yet.

Edited by Baron_Bonk

8 hours ago, Baron_Bonk said:

No there is a possibility those players earned it legit. If you've sent and received back all the birds but the big bird before Near was depracated and after that you've unlocked big bird and sent it on migration, the trophy would unlock before (trying to) connecting to Near.

It is unobtainable if you were not on that point in the game yet.

One of them had the game platted within a month all in 2020. For now, all three of the users are flagged.

• Like 3

Ah well I didn't check the profiles, so if like you said they have hacked trophies or earned the trophies in an unrealistic amount of time, they're probably earned illegit. I just pointed out that it is actually theoretically possible to still earn the Free as a bird trophy if you reached a certain point of bird migration before Near was deprecated.

59 minutes ago, Baron_Bonk said:

Ah well I didn't check the profiles, so if like you said they have hacked trophies or earned the trophies in an unrealistic amount of time, they're probably earned illegit. I just pointed out that it is actually theoretically possible to still earn the Free as a bird trophy if you reached a certain point of bird migration before Near was deprecated.

Yeah, I've read your comments regarding this on PS3T. Yeah, you are right, that's technically possible, but when somebody got this trophy as their 5th or 6th it is highly unlikely.

You need to be at 65% of game completion to unlock 6 birds and send them and receive them all. Then 7th bird is unlocking at 95% and it is enough to send it.

So first to get 65% while "Near" was active, then after almost 4 years to reach 95% and get the trophy. Of course, possible, but... "Rather" rare.

And, as @ArmoredSnowmanmentioned: game completely started and plated only in 2020 - simply impossible.

Actually just wondering if such info shall be mentioned in case if i.e. that's the only trophy for somebody's platinum...

Edited by Smashero

• 4 months later...
14 hours ago, Waxberries said:

I am wondering since the description is "sending all 7 birds" I just sent the red bird without opening near. Will it be possible to obtain it without near? 

No, because every bird has to "come back" from another player via Near before you can sent the next. So unless you've got only one bird left to send, you can't get it anymore.

• Like 2