item112z

Free as a Bird trophy unobtainable now?

13 posts in this topic

So once the Near function was shut down on Vita, does it mean that this trophy is unobtainable now? I heard it depends on Near too much.

I don't know anything about this trophy, but near was never shut down. 

Good to know, thanks. I thought that Near was shut down entirely, my bad.

42 minutes ago, Baron_Bonk said:

As off July 31, 2017 the Near functionality is completely shut down, meaning that game goods cannot be exchanged anymore and as a consequence making this trophy unobtainable.

https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Termination-of-support-for-near-and-Live-from-PlayStation-applications-on-PlayStation-Vita

Seriously dude? Oh man! I was really excited to get this plat. I am very disappointed right now! :-( Well, I'll try to get the other (still) possible trophies. Thanks for helping me. Cheers!

Yeah it's a pity every trophy that was related to any functionality of Near is no longer attainable. A long and hard plat now out of reach for some :( 

3 minutes ago, Baron_Bonk said:

Yeah it's a pity every trophy that was related to any functionality of Near is no longer attainable. A long and hard plat now out of reach for some :( 

The near trophy for dream c club zero portable still works, so there should be some games that still work as well. 

Might have to with this:

* Timing of termination may shift behind depending on the region.

Any other way, I know location data was terminated earlier, but exchange of game goods is now also gone.

2 hours ago, Baron_Bonk said:

2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

The near trophy for dream c club zero portable still works, so there should be some games that still work as well. 

Actually, not every trophy with Near functionality is unobtainable. For example, there were trophies that just required you to "send" something, but not "receive." IIRC, only a handful of games were affected by this: Angry Birds, A-men (Vita), and Travel Bug. Some others (SFxT, I believe is one example) are still OK, even though they technically have Near trophies.

In short, it really depends on what Near functionality was required for the trophies. Your best bet is to check on a case-by-case basis by going to individual trophy guides/message boards.

16 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Actually, not every trophy with Near functionality is unobtainable. For example, there were trophies that just required you to "send" something, but not "receive." IIRC, only a handful of games were affected by this: Angry Birds, A-men (Vita), and Travel Bug. Some others (SFxT, I believe is one example) are still OK, even though they technically have Near trophies.

In short, it really depends on what Near functionality was required for the trophies. Your best bet is to check on a case-by-case basis by going to individual trophy guides/message boards.

Good to know, thanks! Though when I tried to help lu2l0i1c2olu out with sending a bird in Angry Birds, I also wasn't able to upload it to Near, so it does really depend on what the trophy demands/at which point it will pop.