Useful Glitches in BioShock Remastered

Shadiochao

Wait so this works in the base game on ps3? If so sweet!also regarding inventor trophy, can you craft all tonics from the machine or some must be purchased through the adam machine? Thx in advance ^^

The first glitch works on PS3, I have no idea if the others do, though. This is for the remaster on PS4.

There are only 3 unique tonics you can craft on the machine, but you can just repeatedly craft one and keep reloading your save to progress towards the trophy. Normally you'd need to collect all 58 tonics in the game to get the trophy, but I unlocked the trophy about halfway through the game and had loads left to collect.

• Like 1

The first glitch works on PS3, I have no idea if the others do, though. This is for the remaster on PS4.

There are only 3 unique tonics you can craft on the machine, but you can just repeatedly craft one and keep reloading your save to progress towards the trophy. Normally you'd need to collect all 58 tonics in the game to get the trophy, but I unlocked the trophy about halfway through the game and had loads left to collect.

Wow thanks a lot for the response. :) I'm going to try it then soon with the survivor glitch because it was too difficult for me. As for the tonic, I guess it shouldn't be a problem if I play on easy, explore all areas for the tonics while getting the audio diaries. Thanks again! My hopes been restored lol because the game was just too much for me to play on survivor plus with the 200+ diaries and tonics. Thanks again! :D

With that in mind, shouldn't this work at a Gatherer's garden too? You save, buy a few tonics, reload and repeat. I'll try that tomorrow. 

I assume it would. If it does it'd be a much more convenient method than crafting them 1-3 at a time.

I just bought about 6 tonics, reloaded my save file and bought them again. The trophy popped. I'm almost at the end though so there wasn't too much missing, it still seems effective as you can buy 6-8 tonics from the garden if you haven't bought any before!

Edited by DennisWilles
  • Like 2

I just bought about 6 tonics, reloaded my save file and bought them again. The trophy popped. I'm almost at the end though so there wasn't too much missing, it still seems effective as you can buy 6-8 tonics from the garden if you haven't bought any before!

wait, did u buy the same ones over and over or did you buy separate ones that u didn't buy before?

I bought the same 6 again after reloading. I certainly didn't collect all the tonics in the final levels yet so the trophy popped because of the glitch.

Thanks!is that on remastered version? Sorry for the questions. Just making sure because I don't want to start a whole play through to come to a disappointed conclusion

Thanks!is that on remastered version? Sorry for the questions. Just making sure because I don't want to start a whole play through to come to a disappointed conclusion

Yes but the tonic trophy isn't really one I'd worry about. If you're going for all the audio diaries anyway then you're bound to find all tonics. Just in case you miss a few tonics and don't want to bother, then glitching it makes sense.

• Like 1

Good to know but I'll still play it legitimately. Doing that is taking away the fun and it's not like its a difficult game in the first place, the difficulty was there to add more and not be just cheated out of.

I agree, I did everything legit in 2 runs (except the tonic trophy which I glitched just to see if it works, I was getting them legit anyway). Only exception to me is worlds of hurt because that is a pain in the ass legit and I personally don't like this DLC much as it doesn't add to the story. I'll try it legit but if that's too much of a hassle, might as well get it over with quickly by glitching. 

So I tried doing the difficulty glitch and it didn't work. I dug up a save with Fontaine and had difficulty at medium as default. I then proceeded to change it but to no avail. Tried it 3 times nothing. I have ultimate rapture edition if that makes any difference on ps3

Ultimate Rapture Ed came with the difficulty change glitch patched out as default so yeah, oops!

Ultimate Rapture Ed came with the difficulty change glitch patched out as default so yeah, oops!

oh xD. Oh well. Thanks for telling me. I probably won't go for the plat then because getting all audio diaries is a pain in the arse. I'd rather play a game on hardest difficulty than collecting stuff >.< Edited by poopooblast

I dunno if I'm doing something wrong or whatever. But I've saved my game and bought tonics and reloaded over and over and over and over.. and nothing is popping..

I'm new to the BioShock series so I dunno the in's and out's of the game but I would say I'm probably more than half way thru the game.. I'm playing on Hard right now with vita chambers turned off.

I just got to Hephastesus or whatever.. Right after taking all the photos for Sander...  I mean I've gone to the tonic swapper machine to get an idea of how many I have... I mean I have upwards of 25+ tonics collected...

I saved at a gatherers garden (near the Sander Cohen masterpiece) and then I bought 5 tonics.. I then reloaded the save file and bought 5 more, and I kept doing it... I swear I did it like 10-15 times and I'm not getting the trophy to pop...

It's not that big of a deal cuz I've been taking my sweet time to find everything and experience everything since it's my first time playing.

I'll try again it later on I guess when I get closer to the actual end of the game/only have a few trophies left to get...

It's just strange because I swear I'm doing it exactly how you told us to do it. I dunno why it's not popping for me.

Edited by JayBizzle311

is there any news on this?

Oh, sorry, I forgot I said that

In the end I decided BioShock wasn't really for me and sent it back, so I won't be able to test it anymore

I dunno if I'm doing something wrong or whatever. But I've saved my game and bought tonics and reloaded over and over and over and over.. and nothing is popping..

I'm new to the BioShock series so I dunno the in's and out's of the game but I would say I'm probably more than half way thru the game.. I'm playing on Hard right now with vita chambers turned off.

I just got to Hephastesus or whatever.. Right after taking all the photos for Sander...  I mean I've gone to the tonic swapper machine to get an idea of how many I have... I mean I have upwards of 25+ tonics collected...

I saved at a gatherers garden (near the Sander Cohen masterpiece) and then I bought 5 tonics.. I then reloaded the save file and bought 5 more, and I kept doing it... I swear I did it like 10-15 times and I'm not getting the trophy to pop...

It's not that big of a deal cuz I've been taking my sweet time to find everything and experience everything since it's my first time playing.

I'll try again it later on I guess when I get closer to the actual end of the game/only have a few trophies left to get...

It's just strange because I swear I'm doing it exactly how you told us to do it. I dunno why it's not popping for me.

I did it with the crafting stations. I never tested whether gatherers gardens would work, although somebody in the thread said it does, so I'm not sure why it's not working for you. Have there been any patches since the game was released?

I did it with the crafting stations. I never tested whether gatherers gardens would work, although somebody in the thread said it does, so I'm not sure why it's not working for you. Have there been any patches since the game was released?

Nope I haven't installed any patches or anything.. Yeah I saw that comment that's why I did it at the Gatherer's Garden... Like I said it's not that big of a deal.. I'm bound to get it eventually.. Just super strange because like I said I was doing everything exactly how you described.

Thanks for the response.