Useful Glitches in BioShock Remastered

Shadiochao

Ultimate Rapture Ed came with the difficulty change glitch patched out as default so yeah, oops!

hey my version is the one that came free with bioshock infinite, it doesnt seem to be working (im on the final boss)  can anyone confirm?

And technically if i were to get my hands on another version could i just transfer my save and do it there? would it pop? thanks anyway

Edited by linkdevivo

oh xD. Oh well. Thanks for telling me. I probably won't go for the plat then because getting all audio diaries is a pain in the arse. I'd rather play a game on hardest difficulty than collecting stuff >.<

Most are in plain sight and only 5 are misable. If you collect them as you play the game you shouldn't have that many left to go back and find. I only needed 20 after I beat the game.

hey my version is the one that came free with bioshock infinite, it doesnt seem to be working but can anyone confirm?

That version is the same as the digital version, so it won't work because it has the patch installed.

Most are in plain sight and only 5 are misable. If you collect them as you play the game you shouldn't have that many left to go back and find. I only needed 20 after I beat the game.

That version is the same as the digital version, so it won't work because it has the patch installed.

thanks for the answer bro, if i were to get my hands on another version could i just transfer my save (im already on the final level without using a vita chamber) and do it there? would it pop? thanks anyway

thanks for the answer bro, if i were to get my hands on another version could i just transfer my save (im already on the final level without using a vita chamber) and do it there? would it pop? thanks anyway

I really wouldn't know. Some games share saves with physical and digital while others don't.

No. Saves wont work on any patch lower than what it originally came from

Most are in plain sight and only 5 are misable. If you collect them as you play the game you shouldn't have that many left to go back and find. I only needed 20 after I beat the game..

I did but I'm certain I missed the intro ones because I played this game back then with no thoughts to plat it so I missed a few diaries. I also gave up half way through. Fast forward to BioShock 2( which I favour more imo besides the story) and I collected all of the diaries without any guides. Also, I only have one save for BioShock 1 left and that's the fight before Fontaine soo...

Anyways thx bro for the help.

Hi guys, I've a question about BioShock 1:

If I started to play Survivor difficulty without Life Chambers and then I changed to Easy, the glitch after the bossfight will work the same?

It doesnt work in reverse, you need play easy and change it right before the end of the final boss fight. 

Does anyone know if GODMODE still works on Bioshock 2? you go to the machine that changes tonics and plasmids and if done a specific way you cannot be damaged. anyone tried that yet?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, Appappachai said:

So, this glitch might work on the ps3 version? Also, are there any glitches for Bioshock 2 or Bioshock Infinite?

yes it works on ps3

yes bioshock 2 has a god mode glitch where you become invulnerable its a little screwy at times but works just fine if your having that much trouble surviving just look up how it is done :D

and im not sure about bioshock 3 its not vary hard in the first place if your having trouble on 1999 mode just remember possessin is your best friend upgrade it early and completly and hand cannon and sniper are also your bros aswell as any clothe items that grand invulnerability for example theres 1 that makes u invulnerable after eating a health item for a few seconds and another that does the same for when u jump off a skyline/skyhook pair that with firebird and you pretty much cheese any outside fight near sky access and any indoor with hooksno ammo used no salts no nothen :D

patriots are allergic to undertow and ghost lady cant stand charge attacks plus clothes that have effects to make melee targets really vulnerable after attack just charge her hand cannon shot a couple times charge again

Edited by Taliesin_2943

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I decided to go back and and get some of these trophies from my last save point prior to taking the elevator up to fight Fontaine. Because of this save, I was able to earn Irony, A Man Chooses, Seriously Good At This, and Historian. I knew I had some audio files missing and went back to all areas except the first area (Welcome To Rapture, as the area is locked after the intro) to collect those missing audio files. By the time I returned to Fontaine, I had 121/122 files, with the missing diary located at the first level.

Spoiler

I then went back to Olympus Heights where I killed Cohen in my normal playthrough. I saw his body still laying there, so I snapped a photo of him for Irony.

For the difficulty trophies, I went back towards Fontaine and made another save prior to entering the elevator. Mind you that I played on Medium and (unfortunately) with vita-chambers on. I fought Fontaine normally up to the last Adam retrieval. Like everyone else mentioning here, there's a small window between when you gather the last of Adam and when he knocks you back, where the screen turns white. At that moment, I paused the game and changed the difficulty to Survival and then let the cutscenes play. At the beginning of the Epilogue (where the video plays based on how you treated the Little sisters) I got A Man Chooses and Seriously Good At This.

Finally, I decided to start a New Game, and chose New Game Plus option. I loaded the level and after the intro and whatnot I went towards the Audio Diary I missed in the first level. As soon as I did, Historian popped for me.

TLDR: difficulty switch glitch and New Game Plus trophies still work as of Aug. 26 2017.

Edited by i-kicked-a-brit

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Avid Inventor

Tonic Collector

The trophies for inventing 100 items and finding 58 tonics track progress independently from game save files. So you can save at a U-Invent, create items, reload and repeat until they unlock.

There's a trophy in BioShock 2 for finding 100 of 128 audio files. I'll try and find out if this trick works for that one, too.

This absolutely doesn't work for Tonic Collector.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...