Useful Glitches in BioShock Remastered

Shadiochao

On 14/01/2019 at 6:23 PM, Afro_Gear said:

In order for the difficulty glitch to work on PS3, Does it have to be played on an original disc version without patches? It sounds like the Ultimate Rapture Edition has it patched, but do patches on the original version also patch it out?

The PS3 version of the exploit only works with an unpatched BLUS-30166 copy of the game, thus you have to get the Plat legit with all the others.

20 minutes ago, ZexenVatenkeist said:

Anyone knows if the difficulty glitch still works on the PS4 version?

That exploit has always and will always work on the PS4 :).

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MostJawnixEver said:

Does it also work on Normal mode, patched to 1.01? Coz i dont want to play it on easy haha

I’m not sure about the patch/version tbh. However when I did the difficulty glitch initially, I played the game on normal and did the difficulty switch, and it worked for me. But again I had the game up-to-date at the time. 

9 hours ago, MostJawnixEver said:

Does it also work on Normal mode, patched to 1.01? Coz i dont want to play it on easy haha

The difficulty doesn't matter so knock yourself out but the exploit will never, ever be fixed on the PS4 because 2K and the devs have long since moved onto other things :).

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
3 hours ago, x_xDarthAndyx_x said:

Does anyone know if this still Works?

The PS3 version requires a specific US version for it to work but it works with all PS4 releases and always will, because the game was dropped like a hot brick after the last update a few years ago so there's now zero chance of this exploit being fixed. Even if the devs decided to fix this exploit, you can just use the proxy server exploit to force the game to download a prior version where it did work :).

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The PS3 version requires a specific US version for it to work but it works with all PS4 releases and always will, because the game was dropped like a hot brick after the last update a few years ago so there's now zero chance of this exploit being fixed. Even if the devs decided to fix this exploit, you can just use the proxy server exploit to force the game to download a prior version where it did work :).

Cool, thanks, so how hard is the 100% for the Bioshock games on ps4 with these Exploits?

6 hours ago, x_xDarthAndyx_x said:

Cool, thanks, so how hard is the 100% for the Bioshock games on ps4 with these Exploits?

I've never used the main game exploits so can't comment on what the difficulty reduction is but even without the exploits, I wouldn't rate it higher than a 4/10, because the game really isn't that hard on Impossible, especially once you have some upgrades installed. The DLC on the other hand, is easy until you get to "Worlds of Hurt" - Expert, then the difficulty and irritation factor really start to increase but with the exploit for that trophy, you're looking at a 2 or 3/10 for difficulty.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typos.

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I've never used the main game exploits so can't comment on what the difficulty reduction is but even without the exploits, I wouldn't rate it higher than a 4/10, because the game really isn't that hard on Impossible, especially once you have some upgrades installed. The DLC on the other hand, is easy until you get to “Worlds of Hurt” – Expert, then the difficulty and irritation factor really start to increase but with the exploit for that trophy, you're looking at a 2 or 3/10 for difficulty.

Thanks, I appreciate the info, definitely heard good things about it, will give it a try in the next few days

• 5 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, btw4392 said:

Anyone know if I already started a hardest difficulty playthrough, am I able to switch to an easier one and still be able to utilize the glitch at the end?

I've no idea if you can switch to an easier difficulty setting or not -- never tried it, but I guess the exploit will work. :hmm: