Wikkibur

Split/Second Velocity mp

13 posts in this topic

It's still active or is the online dead already ? And btw how hard will it be to plat ?

Edited by Sigma999

16 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

It's still active or is the online dead already ? And btw how hard will it be to plat ?

The online is still available but there's always the same +/- 20 people online of which 19 already have the best car in the game and are really good at the game. You really need to boost these trophies if you don't want to spend 100+ hours on the multiplayer.

11 hours ago, Sigma999 said:

There's not a lot of active lobbies but when you mainly play in the evening sessions you will find a few races (e.g. just checked right now).

I haven't platted it yet but overall it's a rather easy and doable racing game that doesn't require much skill.

The online-trophies can be done in about two hours (for each person) when boosted.

See Hem's post below:

Edited by Crimson Idol

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

The online-trophies can be done in about two hours (for each person) when boosted.

You're on drugs if you think the online can be boosted in an hour bro. With only two people you only go up one rank per race, which take around  2 minutes each (playing elimination with no AI, including load screens) Moving up 98 ranks will take you like 3 hours and 20 minutes or so per person. Now if you mean the miscellaneous online trophies I get you, the ranks? Not a chance. 

This is actually one game where everyone progresses faster if the lobby is full. With 2 peeps you need almost 200 races. With a full 8 person lobby that number drops to around 50, total. Each race takes a bit longer but you cut out a lot of the loading time. Finding a group of 8 people though, 4 of which are willing to lose the first half the matches in a row, is pretty rough. I never got more than 4 in one session, and everybody had different and wrong ideas about how to manage the winning. One dude suggested we trade wins... :facepalm:

Also, for the love of god never leave a race early. And if you're having Internet troubles and get dc'd a lot, don't bother. You lose 10 ranks anytime you leave a race before it's over. 

Edited by Hemiak

9 hours ago, Hemiak said:

You're on drugs if you think the online can be boosted in an hour bro. With only two people you only go up one rank per race, which take around  2 minutes each (playing elimination with no AI, including load screens) Moving up 98 ranks will take you like 3 hours and 20 minutes or so per person. Now if you mean the miscellaneous online trophies I get you, the ranks? Not a chance. 

I didn't say that it only takes 1 hour but 2 hours but that was under the wrong (?) assumption that elimination races with two cars only take 1 minute as I'm not so sure right now if the first car gets eliminated after the first 60-seconds timer or after the second one (which would be over at 90 seconds total race time).

But you are right about boosting in larger groups. It's unlikely that people are willing to race for so many races just to lose as there's always the chance that one will back out as soon as (s)he obtains the trophies.

10 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I didn't say that it only takes 1 hour but 2 hours but that was under the wrong (?) assumption that elimination races with two cars only take 1 minute as I'm not so sure right now if the first car gets eliminated after the first 60-seconds timer or after the second one (which would be over at 90 seconds total race time).

But you are right about boosting in larger groups. It's unlikely that people are willing to race for so many races just to lose as there's always the chance that one will back out as soon as (s)he obtains the trophies.

Sorry I sounded so confrontational man. The race does take about a minute, but then there's the final score screen, a loading screen, then back to the car selection/race screen, then loading and starting the race. You end up spending almost the same amount of time racing as loading, which effectively doubles your time. :facepalm:

Each added person just adds 20 seconds to the actual race finish time. I'm pretty sure I'd you have a full lobby it's actually faster to play real races than elim matches. 

Good to know that this is still somewhat active since I only got the game today..

On that note, do we progress in the ranking just by not ending last or it only counts by wins? (trying to figure out what will be the ideal way for me to tackle the online, since I want to do it asap, but don't want to invest a lot of time in SP to get the best cars right now..).

14 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Sorry I sounded so confrontational man. The race does take about a minute, but then there's the final score screen, a loading screen, then back to the car selection/race screen, then loading and starting the race. You end up spending almost the same amount of time racing as loading, which effectively doubles your time. :facepalm:

Each added person just adds 20 seconds to the actual race finish time. I'm pretty sure I'd you have a full lobby it's actually faster to play real races than elim matches. 

No problem. Didn't really remember that the loading times and timers were that long as I only played a few races (with some rank increases and decreases so I'm right where I started: rank 99 :| ). But that reminds me of the stupid boosting in the Dirt 3-multiplayer: The shortest possible event with the best benefits takes 1:30min and the timers, result screens, etc. take the same time. :shakefist:

9 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

On that note, do we progress in the ranking just by not ending last or it only counts by wins? (trying to figure out what will be the ideal way for me to tackle the online, since I want to do it asap, but don't want to invest a lot of time in SP to get the best cars right now..).

It seems to be rather simple: If your rank is in- or decreased is influenced by the fact whether you make it to the upper half or the lower half in the results screen. If you are in one of the top spots, your rank will increase by a fixed amount and otherwise it will decrease. If you only play with one other person you will rank will only increase by one but if you manage to win an 8-player race your rank will increase by 7. Some examples can be found here:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/868907-post5.html

What Crimson said pretty much. 

Here's a quick reference. First - last = top - bottom. 

Two people

+1

Three people 

+2

Four

+3

+1

Five

+4

+2

....eight

+7

+5

+3

+1

So the absolute fastest way is to have 8 people. A-D take 1st through 4th for the first 25 races. A and D swap 1st and 4th place. B and C swap 2nd and 3rd. Then you let E-H rank up the next 25 races. By then the 2nd group will be up to rank 1 while the 1st group will have fallen with at least one of them at rank 99. Trading wind does absolutely nothing for your rank. And I'll reiterate one more time. If you only have two people just play elimination, and the loser can go afk.

The winner just drives forwards for a second or two and then can go get a snack or whatever. As long as you're ahead of the other employer he'll blow up and you'll win. Just set AI racers to off BEFORE you begin the race or you'll have to wait much longer. You don't get bonus ranks for beating AI racers online, so don't bother with that. 

****DO NOT QUIT EARLY OR D/C!!!! ****

You'll automatically lose 10 ranks each time. 

Edited by Hemiak

Does the online still work?

Edited by Stevieboy
Use Gaming Sessions to find players, not the forum.

I would be interested in gaining mp trophies now. 

Is anyone still up for a boosting session?

Edited by JubarPL