New PlayStation Store

iFrankenweenie

Rate  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the New Store?

I can't loose the idea they took the "60% of what's possible is good enough, who needs it to be perfect...". I'm not saying it has to be perfect but it could be much better then this. My main frustration is the speed, it's way to slow and lagging like crazy. Then scrolling through the list where the images haven't been loaded yet, you just gotta sit it out constantly while scrolling down. Trying to get to the main while you're on the 4th or further page horizontally wise, better walk away and keep pressing - it will be there someday.

I do like that they tried to combine the content related to the same title in one page. What I did hope however is that from the downloaded list there could be a link to the store content so you could actually check out further downloadable content from the download page in a quick way.

So I like the idea visually, work ability has a lot to be improved upon. Feature wise, nothing really missing compared to the old one but it would have been nice if there were actually some innovations and making images dominant isn't one of them imho

Edited by DeviceZero

I think aesthetically it looks pretty nice if not a little xboxy but I'd much prefer the browse/search features of the old store back, for example in the avatar section, they're no longer grouped under what game they're from or alphabetically A-C, D-F etc, sure it's an A-Z list but that leaves you scrolling through over 3,000 avatars to find one from a game you're looking for, i think games are listed the same way now too. I'd just like the browsing and searching refined down a little more to make it easier to find things. Although I suppose if you know exactly what you're looking for you can go search for it, maybe i'm just being picky :hmm:

I think aesthetically it looks pretty nice if not a little xboxy but I'd much prefer the browse/search features of the old store back, for example in the avatar section, they're no longer grouped under what game they're from or alphabetically A-C, D-F etc, sure it's an A-Z list but that leaves you scrolling through over 3,000 avatars to find one from a game you're looking for, i think games are listed the same way now too. I'd just like the browsing and searching refined down a little more to make it easier to find things. Although I suppose if you know exactly what you're looking for you can go search for it, maybe i'm just being picky :hmm:

I actually agree especially with the avatars, there is to many to scroll through to find what you are looking for, if the grouped them into games like you said then it would be fine but as it is right now it needs some work.

Everything else is pretty lovely to look at, it does take a second or two to load images and stuff but it's nothing major.

Edited by Sparky
  • Like 1

I dont like it. I hate the letter search system and it is a lot slower. The old one was better because it was simple and easy to navigate. It loaded fast but the new one is very slow and I find it hard to find something im looking for. The old search box was a lot better to find things.

Other than the visual eye candy upgrade every thing else seems a step back to me, I used to just click PS3 Games>RPG and the list of everything i pretty much wanted to see was there, could see any games of genre's I may of missed and could see a grid of all the DLC and find the DLC wanted now you can only view 3 of the DLC items and have to scroll down the list.

I don't understand that you can go to PS3>games and choose a genre (rpg,fps, puzzle etc) and under PS3>Addons you can only select by (map packs,missions, costumes etc) and not have an option to browse by genre. Surely this would result is less sales as myself i used to browse by genre for the the addons I wanted and realised that other games had DLC that I wouldnt of know otherwise.

http://www.examiner.com/article/playstation-store-update-live-north-america-download-size-revealed

In October, Sony Computer Entertainment announced that the PlayStation Store update would be delayed for North America due to minor issues that needed attention. At the time no new release date was given for as to when the PlayStation Store would be updated in North America.

On Friday afternoon, Sony Computer Entertainment America made the new PlayStation Store available to the North American market.

The PlayStation Store redesign will require you to download a small 26MB file.

The redesigned PlayStation Store offers a cleaner, more streamline appearance allowing for easier navigation to find the content you desire. Along with new features to help you find the games you want, other updates to the PlayStation Store include game filters, most popular charts, and tumbling-letter search engine.

PlayStation Vita will also have its own dedicated content section. This will make browsing Vita’s new releases simpler than ever before.

It may take users some time to adjust to the new PlayStation Store layout, but, for the most part, it does feel and look like a welcome improvement.

I have to say, I like it a lot. I've noticed that they have also added a great amount Avatars and much more.

Why is everyone bitching about it being slow and unresponsive? It works fine for me.

It works fine for me as well.

Works fine for me as well. I really like it, it's quite a snazzy looking store if you ask me.

My only problem with the new store is the way content was regrouped, it's not easy to look for things this way.

I used to browse through the actual store to check the new content each week, but with the current format where each DLC piece get a slot (and by default in a completely unorganized order), it's painful and slow to look through it all, to the point of making me give up..

So if they could somehow implement all the groups they had on the old store into the new one, it would be perfect, since the store looks really good and is more responsive, but it's painfully slow to browse through or search, unless if you know exactly what you want and use the search function..

Still not sure how to feel about the new store. It's just so tedious and different. Will take some time to get used to.

Pro: They finally gave us a huge amount of new avatars to choose from.

Contra: The pricing...Are they seriously trying to charge up to 2 € (!) for a damn avatar?!

Still not sure how to feel about the new store. It's just so tedious and different. Will take some time to get used to.

Pro: They finally gave us a huge amount of new avatars to choose from.

Contra: The pricing...Are they seriously trying to charge up to 2 € (!) for a damn avatar?!

I have not saw an avatar of that price. Perhaps you were viewing the avatar bundles?

To be completely honest, I love it. The amount of items that have added makes me ecstatic. I am an avatar collector, don't care much for DLC. Plus, I demo a lot of games before I buy them, which is great because they have added so much more to the demo section as well. It's great and runs well for me.