Hack or exploit?

Mercer1118

Hey, my cousin found this exploit for LBP3 which saves a lot of your time chasing down the platinum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grRWONk2lso

As I can persume many users must have used this. I know that sony doesnt allow hacking and can ban you for this. But is this consider hacking, glitching or exploiting? Can you get banned for this?

That's exploiting. You are using a game's flaw to obtain a certain advantage. Glitching are more of the same to a negative way. Hacking needs outter sources or equipments to make it work and that's not what is happening.

To answer your last question, Sony doesn't track this as this doesn't use anything other than the game itself neither requires a modified console. You can't get banned for this.

The video you present doesn't save a lot of time to be honest, all quests are easy and as long as you keep them in mind while playing, you should complete all (but the 4 player one) naturally while beating the campaign.

• Like 3

As Yuri Stated, Hacking means either changing system files, save files, or save manipulation usually. Since this is done in-game with the mechanics that were implemented within the game, it's classified as an exploit. So it doesn't get you banned, but some people may still flag you. Just Dispute it and everything will be good.