Worth the Gold Edition?

Commie_Sloth

I quite enjoyed it... it was nice having different characters to use and ubisoft have tuned down some of the collect-a-thon elements so you can get the plat without 100% in-game completion... does the gold include all the dlc?.. the Ripper dlc was ok but quite buggy.. probably worth it for a couple of $ more esp if you want get 100% of the trophies

I quite enjoyed it... it was nice having different characters to use and ubisoft have tuned down some of the collect-a-thon elements so you can get the plat without 100% in-game completion... does the gold include all the dlc?.. the Ripper dlc was ok but quite buggy.. probably worth it for a couple of $ more esp if you want get 100% of the trophies

Yes, the Gold Edition includes all available DLC I believe. Also, Base Game + JTR is more than the Gold Edition, which has a number of more things, so it seems if I wanted to get JTR for completion, Gold Edition is a much better choice.

i was thinking getting it but now i changed my mind. gold edition is just the game plus season pass,

i suggest you to get the season pass (12€) then get a physical copy of the game later.

The Gold Edition has a few numbers on content, but I see where you're coming from. Honestly, while I would save a few dollars, waiting for the physical copy while buying the digital seasons pass seems pretty redundant.

I got it. Haven't played it but when I saw it, it was just too good to pass up. I already had $26 saved on the system already so I only had to dish out another $20 to get the gold edition. So in my case it was a steal and a half lol.

Thanks for the info!

I've decided to buy the Gold Edition, thanks everyone!

• Like 1

I loved AC Syndicate but after I downloaded the dlc, my game would freeze upon start up. The only way I could play is if I played offline. I also read that other folks experienced similar issues so just a heads up to those considering the gold edition. Otherwise, AC syndicate is a truly enjoyable game that has renewed my faith in the AC franchise :)

Edited by vanillamoose

• 5 months later...

The games not bad quit buggy at times but all around better then Unity. The game has the hook that allows you to get around easier but I wish they kept the combat system from unity and just amped it up a little I found it too easy in combat I do however love playing as Evie she's one of the best characters in the franchise in my opinion besides Ezio and Altair and Edward but back on topic the DLC takes place after the games main storyline and its interesting to say the least but depending on how much it is and scenes you can unlock items from the Ubisoft club menu by using the points you earned from playing other games I would just buy the base game then if you like it purchase the DLC just my opinion though 

Edited by Dmonic
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dmonic said:

The games not bad quit buggy at times but all around better then Unity. The game has the hook that allows you to get around easier but I wish they kept the combat system from unity and just amped it up a little I found it too easy in combat I do however love playing as Evie she's one of the best characters in the franchise in my opinion besides Ezio and Altair and Edward but back on topic the DLC takes place after the games main storyline and its interesting to say the least but depending on how much it is and scenes you can unlock items from the Ubisoft club menu by using the points you earned from playing other games I would just buy the base game then if you like it purchase the DLC just my opinion though 

Evie is one of the best characters? You're serious?

4 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

A badass? She literally did nothing. Jacob was the only one doing anything.

Playing as a 40 year old evie in the jack the ripper dlc kicking ass and taking names for one. While Jacob was the rooks leader, Evie still did things and they were twins so without the one there wouldn't be the other. Plus her Victorian goth outfit was fuckin amazing.

• Like 1

Just now, AydenBonnette said:

Playing as a 40 year old evie in the jack the ripper dlc kicking ass and taking names for one. While Jacob was the rooks leader, Evie still did things and they were twins so without the one there wouldn't be the other. Plus her Victorian goth outfit was fuckin amazing.

I haven't played JTR DLC yet so please no spoilers. In the main game all Evie did was chase the piece of Eden which she had little success doing. Jacob on the other hand was making progress eliminating Starrick's allies. When Evie talks she has a very stale tone whereas Jacob can be cheerful. Don't even get me started on that ridiculous love interest in Henry.

2 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

I haven't played JTR DLC yet so please no spoilers. In the main game all Evie did was chase the piece of Eden which she had little success doing. Jacob on the other hand was making progress eliminating Starrick's allies. When Evie talks she has a very stale tone whereas Jacob can be cheerful. Don't even get me started on that ridiculous love interest in Henry.

I think you should definitely play through the dlc before having this strong opinions of dislike towards evie. I think one of the reasons I liked this version the most other than the Victorian setting was the two different personalities of playthrough style. All in all the Frye twins are equally important in mind because they are a duo, and best friends who wouldn't be in the spot their in without eachother.

Just now, AydenBonnette said:

I think you should definitely play through the dlc before having this strong opinions of dislike towards evie. I think one of the reasons I liked this version the most other than the Victorian setting was the two different personalities of playthrough style. All in all the Frye twins are equally important in mind because they are a duo, and best friends who wouldn't be in the spot their in without eachother.

I plan on getting the DLC so don't sweat it. But I think you and I can agree her relationship with Henry Green was absolutely pathetic.

On 2/23/2017 at 7:47 PM, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

No I'd just like to hear why you say that, because I find Evie to be pointless.

There is no comparison between the two Jacob is a brut and Evie stalks in the shadows Evie makes the game feel like how an assassin should play where Jacob doesn't really compare he only cares about the rooks and not really about the assassin order where Evies does I played as Evie more then Jacob because of that point but every one has there own opinion in the matter at hand.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...