How to properly get the "I chose the impossible" trophie?

Pershing24

So I've started playing the original bioshock on ps3, this (like many people) is one of my favorite shooter of all time as I played it twice on window's vista a few years back. So I've decided to try and platinum the game starting on its hardest trophie, the "I chose the impossible". Which requires you to beat the game in the survivable difficult without using a vita-chamber.

Although this sounds difficult as there's not self-regenerating like most FPS, and like most early gen games, you have to remember to manual save as there are very few checkpoints, (looking at you DOOM 3).

Anyways my concern is, that the trophy guide say's; "Before starting the game, set the difficulty to Survivor and change the "Disable Vita Chambers" option to On.". My concern is the fact that you had to go to the option menu in the main menu before you start you game, except there is no option menu in the main menu, only the PC version has it. In fact the only thing the game ask you to do, is chose the difficulty and the brightness level.

To try and resolve this problem, after the first cut scene, (the plane crash) I simply imminently change it in the option menu and disable the vita-chamber. Technically it should work as I haven't used any vita-chamber and there are none at the lighthouse. However these kind of trophies can be finniky, especially at the beginning of the game as it might have registered as vita-chamber on.

My question is, will the trophy still unlock at the end of the game? or will it just be the "a man chooses" trophy. Cause if it doesn't work, well I might as well start over before I get any further.

When you first have the opportunity to pause the game and go into options, you can disable vita chambers. I got all trophies for the game on my first playthrough. I did the PS3 version on the EU version of the game, but supposedly there's a glitch to get the difficulty specific trophies on the USA version of the game where you can pause during the last boss fight when the screen is completely white and change your difficulty setting to survivor, which will unlock all the trophies and you can play on easy up until the very end. I wouldn't waste a whole playthrough to find out that the glitch didn't work though. But as long as you don't die and have to use a vita chamber then I think you'll get the trophy as TheYuriG stated. 

Your good to go.  As long as you change the difficulty as soon as you can (before the first vita chamber).

Hmm.  I seem to remember that you can tell whether you have the right setting when you come to the first vita chamber, something to do with the electricity field around the chamber or something.  Google help please  :)

That's good to heard, now I should be able to get the trophy when I done with the game, whenever that's going to be. Unlike AC2 I'm going to take my time, and make sure I get it done properly.

My only concern now are getting all 122 audio logs, and sparing all the little sisters, but already the game is very challenging. My adam bar goes down quickly, ammo is rare, and enemies can take quite alot of damage. Medic packs though are still common, and hacking is my best chance for success. And unlike Doom 3 (which has cramp corridors and armor that doesn't do shit in hard difficulty), Bioshock has a much better combat and I'm much more familiar with this game.

That's good to heard, now I should be able to get the trophy when I done with the game, whenever that's going to be. Unlike AC2 I'm going to take my time, and make sure I get it done properly.

My only concern now are getting all 122 audio logs, and sparing all the little sisters, but already the game is very challenging. My adam bar goes down quickly, ammo is rare, and enemies can take quite alot of damage. Medic packs though are still common, and hacking is my best chance for success. And unlike Doom 3 (which has cramp corridors and armor that doesn't do shit in hard difficulty), Bioshock has a much better combat and I'm much more familiar with this game.

I found the game gets easier toward the end.  If you get through the first few parts you will be fine. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, vita chambers are sort of like "auto-save" spots you enter, not really but same idea.  The trophy has to do with not activating one, which can't happen if you turn it off before getting to one, as they close off.

Fairly early in the game you'll get Security Bullseye, which you can use to tag Big Daddies after purposely setting alarms off to let them do literally all of the work.  The only levels you need to worry about diaries is the very first level, welcome to rapture (2 of them), and the level you enter Andrew Ryan's office (3 of them).  Every other level you can backtrack to.