How does the ranks work

It takes account of all trophies. Each type of trophy is assigned a set amount of points (platinums have the most, bronze the least). While you may have more platinums than someone, they could simply be higher ranked due to the overall amount of trophies they have. Can't remember what the exact points are for each type of trophy but I'm sure someone will post that number.

• Like 2

It takes account of all trophies. Each type of trophy is assigned a set amount of points (platinums have the most, bronze the least). While you may have more platinums than someone, they could simply be higher ranked due to the overall amount of trophies they have. Can't remember what the exact points are for each type of trophy but I'm sure someone will post that number.

Bronze is 15 points

Silver is 30 points

Gold is 90 points

Platinum is 180 points

• Like 2

When you have the same amount of points is when the amount of platinums is taken into consideration for tie breakers, if I'm not mistaken.

Whenever I'm tied with someone for points, I've noticed that it places me at the top of the people with the same amount of points as me every time, regardless of how many platinum trophies I have.

Whenever I'm tied with someone for points, I've noticed that it places me at the top of the people with the same amount of points as me every time, regardless of how many platinum trophies I have.

I'm tied on points at the rank I am but I'm almost at the top because of the platinum number. Only one person is above me and they have more than I do. I just went with that reasoning since it seemed the most logical.

The system so wack, I just got my 90th platinum. Someone above me has more trophies overall like 1,000 bronze more. I have more silver, gold and platinums 38/90. Lamer with someone way above me has 15 platinums.

What you need to look at for the rankings is the points on the far right side of the screen. You do have more points than that person but the rankings don't update immediately when you update your profile with your new trophies on this site. Once your rank does update, you should be ahead of that guy.

Edited by Mike13858

The system so wack, I just got my 90th platinum. Someone above me has more trophies overall like 1,000 bronze more. I have more silver, gold and platinums 38/90. Lamer with someone way above me has 15 platinums.

Usually why don't pay much attention to rank. I usually just look at platinum number since it is a good indicator on how much someone dedicates to trophy hunting. I have a friend who plays every game he can get his hands on but rarely finishes one playthrough of a game.

Also what's with the green arrows and red arrows. I have idea of what they mean but I also see a blue dot and new on the the right side.

The green and red arrows just mean that your rank increased or decreased since last week. The week for that begins at midnight on Monday GMT

Edited by Mike13858

Also what's with the green arrows and red arrows. I have idea of what they mean but I also see a blue dot and new on the the right side.

Arrows indicate the change in your rank since the last update. Green means you've improved your rank. Red means you've moved down because others have improved their rank and now outrank you. Blue means you haven't moved in rank (I believe). New means that person wasn't in the last ranking.

What you need to look at for the rankings is the points on the far right side of the screen. You do have more points than that person but the rankings don't update immediately when you update your profile with your new trophies on this site. Once your rank does update, you should be ahead of that guy.

Ok I see it, still ridiculous how some people place higher on the rank board because of alot of bronze trophies and platinums below 30.
  • Like 1

Ok I see it, still ridiculous how some people place higher on the rank board because of alot of bronze trophies and platinums below 30.

Not really. It's point per trophy. There are people with 70 more plats than me but I have more points because of more trophies overall.

• Like 2

Not at all, since it's your total point value that determines your rank. If you want to increase your rank that badly, play games with lots of gold and silver trophies as those yield more points. Also take note that not every PSN profile is being tracked by this site, only the ones that are registered.

• Like 1

When 2 players are at the same amount of trophies; PSNP check the amount of platinums. If the players have the same amount of plats then PSNP check for gold. Same amount of gold trophies? PSNP check for silver trophies. And finally the same applies when even the silver amount of trophies is identical. PSNP checks for bronze trophies.

When you have the same amount of points is when the amount of platinums is taken into consideration for tie breakers, if I'm not mistaken.

Yes that's correct.

If you look closely you'll see that platinums matter when you have the same amount of points. Edited by Winston

Just wanted to know, don't really care about the rank. Should be different rank leaderboards one for each type of trophy etc.. unless there already one.

Updated site is going to have platform dependent leaderboards, having trophy dependent ones would be too much.

Plus, you can pretty much see it now.

Low completion = high on bronzes

Sound Shapes = high on silvers

VN skippers = high on golds and Platinums

• 2 years later...
On 9/23/2016 at 3:52 AM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Because they are not Plat hunters but simply trophy hunters.

In fact, going for Platinums makes it harder for you to rank up.

It's easier to rank up with sheer amount.

Yep, the difference between platinum hunters and trophy hunters is night and day. I don't care for platinums, my play style doesn't allow me to invest stupid amounts of time into most games.

Once I start getting bored that's usually when I stop playing for good. I get as many trophies as possible before the boredom kicks in.

• Like 1