Help

Nitro

Alright so I nearly have the Galaga plat as im just a few challenges off but for some reason, whenever my ship gets taken, its automatically turned red, so whenever I get it back, it's an enemy. Now I have both trophies, so thats not a problem but for the challenge levels, it would be a pain not to have a dual fighter. So is there something I could be doing wrong or is my save file glitched?

Thanks for the help in advance.

I remember doing those stages without moving my fighter. Can't remember the youtube vids I saw but it's important to place you fighter in a certain position and not move and keep firing. The enemies keep passing that firing line. That's how i got my trophies. I would do the round before the Challenging stage and carry over the dual fighter for the changeling stage

• Like 1

I remember doing those stages without moving my fighter. Can't remember the youtube vids I saw but it's important to place you fighter in a certain position and not move and keep firing. The enemies keep passing that firing line. That's how i got my trophies. I would do the round before the Challenging stage and carry over the dual fighter for the changeling stage

Yeah but I cant get the dual fighter, whenever it gets beamed up, it just comes back as an enemy.

Yeah but I cant get the dual fighter, whenever it gets beamed up, it just comes back as an enemy.

Thats strange. I think if you shoot it after its beamed up it turns blue and then it becomes an enemy if I remember correctly. I think the trick is not to shoot it at all (the fighter above the enemy). If not then thats a weird thing to happen to you

EDIT: In other words if you shoot the fighter thats beamed up(The one thats on top of the enemy fighter) it will become a fighter and you won't be able to get a dual fighter. You have to shoot the fighter below without shooting the one on top.

Edited by DF007gamer

Thats strange. I think if you shoot it after its beamed up it turns blue and then it becomes an enemy if I remember correctly. I think the trick is not to shoot it at all (the fighter above the enemy). If not then thats a weird thing to happen to you

EDIT: In other words if you shoot the fighter thats beamed up(The one thats on top of the enemy fighter) it will become a fighter and you won't be able to get a dual fighter. You have to shoot the fighter below without shooting the one on top.

If you shoot your fighter that is on top of the enemy then you will destroy the fighter.

If i remember the original correctly...and i mean original arcade cabinet...so its been a while, isnt there certain aliens who turn your fighter red instantly and the ones that dont? Im pretty sure theres a captain alien that turns your guy red instantly. Dunno...could be remembering it incorrectly.

Well, in that case, I could try something else (there are two variants green and blue - green requires to be shot to turn blue, then when blue if shot, they are destroyed.) I will try get beamed up while they are blue :)

Cheers for everyone's responses!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Welp - here I was going for the longest time without using the square button auto-fire for the longest time.

Once I discovered that - it made stages 31 and the single perfect 10x easier. 

Regardless - I still think this is more of a 5 or 6 / 10 difficulty even with the saves (didn't use no fire glitch).... Stage 27 had me stuck for like 2 hours. Stage 14 also BRUTAL.