Using Tweaks on a difficulty you have not completed

I read this tricky situation written somewhere. Check this out:

"Start a game on a difficulty you have not completed, and play until you get a real gun. Go to the in-game options, set the difficulty to the one you have the Tweaks unlocked on, and enable your Tweaks. Then, save the game, and quit. At to main menu, select "Options", and change the difficulty back to the one you originally chose. Continue the game to play on that difficulty with all your Tweaks enabled."

I wonder if it's true, if anyone did this and if it worked because I wanna finish the game on Brutal to get the achievement and I don't want to waste my life trying this.

It works. There's subtle differences in the actual method but it works on all 3 games both ps3 and ps4 versions.

The method has been discussed here,

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/31864-a-very-easy-way-to-beat-brtual-difficulty/

Uncharted 4 they just gave up and allowed it full stop

Edit - last few points say it was patched. So you are out of luck if you have it digitally

Edited by Cleggworth

Thanks for quick replying.

I also read something about chapter selection. Is necessary to play through all the game on Crushing and Brutal or I can just finish each chapter separately on this difficulty?

I mean, all I have to do to get the trophies is to show for each chapter "Completed on Crushing/Brutal"?

Yeah, it doesnt matter anymore now. It seems they fixed this bug. I did exactly how you said but I still have the chapter finished on Hard instead of Crushing.