How Did Telltale Run The Frame Rate In This Game?

Superstarmaste1r

Wondering since I kept on hearing they want the performance of their new games efficiently well. Hoping that's the same case on ps3 where I noticed a few people have already played the game for two episodes I believe it is so far, and I want to know is the game doesn't have any problems just like in the other games, or they blow it once again?

Idk about frame rate issues, but I just got done with Ep 1 on PS3 and it looked horrible imo. It was really grainy. Some scenes werent bad, but others were really bad. It also froze at the very end. The first Ep looked and ran great on PS4 imo. Ive seen people say other wise, but I didnt have any issues. Ill be playing Ep 2 tomorrow on PS4, so Ill definitely be able to tell a difference. Episode 2 isnt out on PS3 yet though. Its delayed just like the first episode was. I think itll come out right before episode 3 comes out on PS4 because thats what happened with Ep 1. It came out right before Ep 2 came out on PS4. Which is fine for me because I like to play the PS4 episode first, then right before the next episode comes out, I go and play the PS3 one so I remember whats going on etc...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2016-09-27 at 1:53 AM, jdizzle0420 said:

Idk about frame rate issues, but I just got done with Ep 1 on PS3 and it looked horrible imo. It was really grainy. Some scenes werent bad, but others were really bad. It also froze at the very end. The first Ep looked and ran great on PS4 imo. Ive seen people say other wise, but I didnt have any issues. Ill be playing Ep 2 tomorrow on PS4, so Ill definitely be able to tell a difference. Episode 2 isnt out on PS3 yet though. Its delayed just like the first episode was. I think itll come out right before episode 3 comes out on PS4 because thats what happened with Ep 1. It came out right before Ep 2 came out on PS4. Which is fine for me because I like to play the PS4 episode first, then right before the next episode comes out, I go and play the PS3 one so I remember whats going on etc...

I totally agree with you. Maybe it doesn't look that bad on a 14" phat TV. But if you like me have a 9-series 55" Samsung 4K/HDR TV. The difference is huge compared to my PS4 Pro! You don't need to have such expensive equipment either... I don't like the way some company are "porting" these games. Another awful example is Call of Duty: Black Ops 3. It's looking almost like N64 graphics! Almost... But with a high end graphics card on a PC or a PS4 it looks way way better. The difference is in some of these games are NOT subtile. It's actually quite interesting that Sony are able to charge as much for games that has 10 years old hardware.

Edited by A-Rebirth

• 5 years later...

I recently played this on PS3 and I actually thought the game looked great.  There was only one moment where there was a button that didn't appear that needed to be pressed which caused a death.  Yet other than that, visually the game was really good.  The cell shading of the characters might be an acquired taste for people yet I thought it was alright.  I'm not sure if it's the settings on the TV or options when you first start the game, when it said adjust the Gamma until you can see the Bat Signal, I just turned it all the way as it just turns a dark to medium gray, and overall graphically the entire game looked good.

I dont know why everyone hates on these games so much. Is thr framerate a bit lower than it is on say ps4 pro? Yes. Does it delay a tiny bit during fight scenes? A little. Does it look like its 4k? No its for ps3. But overall the games are fine. They look good. They play good and i disagree with those who dub these games unplayable. Ive beaten the entire series of telltale on ps4 and im working on ps3 now. I just finished ep 1 of batman on ps3 disc and aside from the graphics not being as crisp as ps4 theres no issues at all. Just enjoy it!

Edited by Camokidd87

• 3 weeks later...

I've just finished the first two episodes playing the disc version on a PS3 Super Slim and while episode 1 played relatively well (though it still was pretty sluggish) episode 2 was much worse. There were much more issues with the frame rate and twice the game just froze and quitting from the XMB just restarted the whole console.

I also had some problems downloading episodes 2-5, the game would just show them as 'Coming' instead of already being released but in the end I managed to download all of them by repeatedly entering and exiting the Episodes menu and eventually they would show as available for download.

Edited by Janire1911
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...