Which is better, Vita original or Vita slim

AbleArcher97

PS Vita original vs PS Vita slim  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better, the original Vita or the Vita slim?

I only own the orginal PS Vita myself but I played on the PS Vita Slim once and it just felt weird to me. I found the design of the Slim to be way uglier than that from the original and I felt like the LCD screen made everything just look a little bit less pretty (I played a little bit of Persona 4 Golden on it). These two points aren't anything that makes one better than the other, though, as these have nothing to do with technical performances. I would get the original if I were you, but that's purely because I like its design better.

Slim is definitely more cheaply made. It's because it was created to cut off Vita production costs.

In addition, original has better screen. 

What you get instead is better battery life (I don't know why people would want more than 6-8 hours...) and less weight.

I would go for original, but if you can get slim for better price, you should be okay.

• Like 1

I have both types and the original hands down is much better. Slim is cheap and okay if your on a budget but if money is not a concern the original is what you should have.

2 main reasons, as many have said before 1) the LCD display is actually poor in comparison and 2) it also feels cheap and poor when playing with it, I'd almost say fragile.  Original is much more solid.

• Like 2

I have the first model for 4 years and I never had any problems with it. You can see that the original Vita is a very high quality handheld console. The slim one feels definitely cheaper. I'm a proud owner of an original PS Vita, so I definitely recommend the first model.

• Like 2

I love the original screen.... I have a Charge pack....use it when I need it. Not too worried about better battery.

I have tried my friend's slim...so much lighter and the buttons are easier to press.

Not switching to a PSP screen...so happy with the Orginal. 

Though if we do get a Vita 3000 with Oled screen and lighter system. Insta buy.

Edited by Kishnabe
  • Like 1

For the love of God, the slim is better. I struggle a lot to use the Start and Select buttons on the original model as those buttons are so small and my fingers are so big. However, I dislike the 'framed' look of the screen on the slim model. I think I also like the white color better, hmmm.  :hmm:

My original Vita's battery life lasts about 4hrs which is no problem as i don't game for long periods anyway.

If I am being honest with you I would rather own a good conditioned 2nd hand original OLED Vita than a brand new slim, the image quality difference is just too much.

Just my opinion.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

I think the slim's better. Sure, fat's OLED screen's got more vibrant colours and deeper blacks, but I never liked much oversaturated palettes, so I prefer the slim's LCD. On the other side, the slim is thinner and lighter and feels very good in hand (not cheap at all), is all black (I didn't really liked the two tone scheme on the fat) and has got a better battery life, which is a nice thing even if you don't usually play that much, since fewer charging cycles mean a battery that lasts more in the years.

But you'll judge when you'll receive it!

• Like 1

I perfer the original. The thing is that the vita slim is cheap but its not durable than the original. There has been problems with the vita slim like the ghosting input on the analog stick for example. Plus not using internal storage is also a letdown if ur using the memory card slot. The thing cant run both storages at the same time. With the original there hasnt been any problem when im using it at all.

I have both and I prefer the original. The sim feels way too light and my sticks pulls to the side from playing with it too much. I've had and played with the original for longer than the point where the slim's stick started malfunctioning and it has had no problems at all. The slim does have a longer battery life, but it's rare for me to actually use up all of my battery without being close to an outlet to charge it.

My friend has the slim and I have messed with it for a bit.

I personally prefer the OG phat due to the more vibrant colors on the Oled but for most people unless you have both systems right next to each other you really can't tell. 

The slims does feel like it is made of a cheaper plastic and is a bit lighter. Because it uses an LCD it doesn't use as much battery as the 1000 so you get about an hour or 2 extra battery life. One thing I do like about the slim is the buttons especially the start and select buttons. The phat vita has really small start/select buttons that are hard to push at time. The slims buttons are slightly bigger and feel easier to push. The reduced touchpad is nice too as even me being someone who has small hands I accidentally touch the back touchpad many times. 

TL;DR

If you really want an oled screen get the 1000 if not 

get the cheaper one

Funny thing, just after I posted this, I saw an offer for a white 1000 vita on FB LMAO. Didn't know it was possible to have a white model, I would certainly have that one if I could, I dislike the black a bit. Maybe I'm just tired of it?

"US$ 538.99 (EUR~482.68)"

Say whaaaat? You can buy two Vita systems for that price :o!

Funny thing, just after I posted this, I saw an offer for a white 1000 vita on FB LMAO. Didn't know it was possible to have a white model, I would certainly have that one if I could, I dislike the black a bit. Maybe I'm just tired of it?

I believe there are way more colors than just black and white. If I recall correct, Sony even created blue, yellow, green and pink PS Vita systems. I personally prefer black though so I don't know much about those other colors.

EDIT: At least six colors it seems: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e9KBS_2Cce8

Edited by LucasV9991

"US$ 538.99 (EUR~482.68)"

Say whaaaat? You can buy two Vita systems for that price :o!

But they wouldn't be white :awesome:

Lol, nice coincidence =D

Maybe it's a sign you should go for it ;)

I've had both versions of the vita and I like the slim is better.

The slim has better buttons, has a longer battery life, a better way to charge the battery, and has a smaller back touch pad.

The screens look about the same when you are playing games outside of some games being to dark on the fat vita and too bright on the slim.

How the slim feels in your hands will vary from person to person, but I like how the slim feels.

• Like 1

Lol, nice coincidence =D

Maybe it's a sign you should go for it  ;)

Wondering if I have the caring inside me enough to adopt a second vita, hmmmm. 1 baby is good, but two?  :hmm:

I believe there are way more colors than just black and white. If I recall correct, Sony even created blue, yellow, green and pink PS Vita systems. I personally prefer black though so I don't know much about those other colors.

You mean the older version? I saw many colored versions of the newest model, including Tearaway, Final Fantasy, Borderlands and some japanese game that Ookami should be able to tell better than myself. Never the older version though. :(

You mean the older version? I saw many colored versions of the newest model, including Tearaway, Final Fantasy, Borderlands and some japanese game that Ookami should be able to tell better than myself. Never the older version though. :(

Hmmm, yeah I guess only the 2000 has different colors. I can't seem to find anything about the 1000 model being released in different colors. The 2000 model seems to only have been released in the six colors from that video. Those Tearaway, Final Fantasy, Borderlands systems must have been ones that were custom made as I can't find any info about such models being released either.

• Like 1

Wondering if I have the caring inside me enough to adopt a second vita, hmmmm. 1 baby is good, but two?  :hmm:

I'm pretty sure the vita 1000 only came in black and white. My first vita was white, I got it in a bundle with AC3: Liberation.

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 1