Problem with continuing the game

HappyOrcs

Had this problem several times, really annoying.  Copy your savefile to another account than delete your savefile on your main account, now copy your savefile to your main account,

worked for me. You can also do this with the ps plus cloud storage, just upload your savefile -> delete it -> and download it from cloud storage. Hope it'll help.

Edited by PreLoki
  • Like 2

Had this problem several times, really annoying.  Copy your savefile to another account than delete your savefile on your main account, now copy your savefile to your main account,

worked for me. You can also do this with the ps plus cloud storage, just upload your savefile -> delete it -> and download it from cloud storage. Hope it'll help.

Do you know if this affects the PS4 version too? That is the copy I have but haven't played it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen it many times too and have heard quite a few complaints from friends about it, and their losing save data. I've also pressed "new game" by accident before, and it's irreversible unless you have a backed up copy of your saves. However, I had a friend tell me to wait until my friends list has fully loaded, and it seemed to work for me. 

• 1 month later...

I am beyond amazed that they made it this easy to lose your progress. This exact glitch happened to me numerous times, and while it is fixable by exiting in and out of the game, once you select New Game accidentally nope, that's it. It's all gone. Through ONE button press. No warning. Nothing. I was absolutely fuming and never went back to it and it's disgusting that that can happen in this day and age. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Yh to anyone wanting to start this game. I 100% suggest you read this:

On 11/18/2016 at 1:43 PM, LunchCannon54 said:

I am beyond amazed that they made it this easy to lose your progress. This exact glitch happened to me numerous times, and while it is fixable by exiting in and out of the game, once you select New Game accidentally nope, that's it. It's all gone. Through ONE button press. No warning. Nothing. I was absolutely fuming and never went back to it and it's disgusting that that can happen in this day and age. 

This happened twice to me, losing a few hours of progress. If you are a trigger finger like me, you don't expect it to say 'new game' instead of 'continue' at the start. The ONLY way to avoid this is that before you stop playing, make a backup save in the online storage that way if you accidentally press new game you can still recover your save. It's the only thing that has really pissed me off about this game. Other than this, it's a great game and I don't think the 11th level of awesomeness is that daunting considering it only takes 10-20mins per day to do the daily challenges/weekly challenges.

Edited by Last-_-Judgment

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, Booster92BG said:

If you are sign ined in ps network, there is high chance the "continue" button to disappear!

Just to be safe, start the game in offline mode, and sign in when you enter the challenges section.

Have you proof it? I haven't had issues with letting my friends load and then enter the game.

8 hours ago, Pottercito_ said:

Have you proof it? I haven't had issues with letting my friends load and then enter the game.

I have entering the game that way from over a year, and i didnt have any issues in the main menu screen.

Having your friends load first is also working i suppose, but this way is faster, especially if you are having lots of friends

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Additionally to this dreaded NEW GAME  button, another way of corrupt save happened to me once I didn't nicely wait for the bottom right blue rotating save indicator to completely disappear before exiting the game.

Maybe it was in Rayman Origins but I know now I never again select console off without exiting the game first, after all saving indicators disappear.

Edited by patate12

• 9 months later...
On 2/28/2021 at 3:20 PM, patate12 said:

Additionally to this dreaded NEW GAME  button, another way of corrupt save happened to me once I didn't nicely wait for the bottom right blue rotating save indicator to completely disappear before exiting the game.

Maybe it was in Rayman Origins but I know now I never again select console off without exiting the game first, after all saving indicators disappear.

Almost every game warns you about turning off the console while the SAVE indicator is flashing or spinning in the lower right corner.  

I never had any issues playing this game, no problems with glitches or lost data, I never accidentally hit New Game.  I also will turn off the game before I turn off the system.

• 1 year later...
On 12/20/2020 at 4:55 AM, Pottercito_ said:

I can absolutely confirm this works as it just fixed it for me. Wish I knew this back in 2013 when my data disappeared after I just 100% finished the game!