TOMB RAIDER trophy thoughts

DF007gamer

I hated first game because of collectibles. Now, there are even more collectibles!
LOL! I am passing. I won't get it even if the game declared as best game ever made.
I don't need another adventure action game when l have Uncharted.
About trophies, have l mentioned lots of collectibles? Probably glitches as well? 
Fuck no.

I hated first game because of collectibles. Now, there are even more collectibles!

LOL! I am passing. I won't get it even if the game declared as best game ever made.

About trophies, have l mentioned lots of collectibles? Probably glitches as well? 

Fuck no.

Xbox version doesn't have any glitched achievements, according to the Xboxachievements.org guide. As for general glitches, every game has some and apart from noticeable input lag (which is supposedly fixed on PS4), I haven't read about anything major.

Xbox version doesn't have any glitched achievements, according to the Xboxachievements.org guide. As for general glitches, every game has some and apart from noticeable input lag (which is supposedly fixed on PS4), I haven't read about anything major.

Then l am glad for those who are going to enjoy it. I'm pretty pissed off about the game, company and microsoft for this timed exclusive shit.

Tomb Raider was never exclusive to any console. Devs and microsoft can f themselves. I'm not paying even a dime for this.

I really like the art style of these trophies. They look so pretty. 

Platinum looks pretty easy so I might even try and go for it. Getting all the DLC trophies is going to be impossible because I don't have any friends so I can't get the co-op trophies. Well, that's life.

Then l am glad for those who are going to enjoy it. I'm pretty pissed off about the game, company and microsoft for this timed exclusive shit.

Tomb Raider was never exclusive to any console. Devs and microsoft can f themselves. I'm not paying even a dime for this.

I agree that making it timed exclusive was a terrible decision, but Tomb Raider II was a console exclusive to PS1, even after they had already said they were going to make a SEGA Saturn version, so it's not exactly a brand new thing for the series.

Edit: Also, Xbox got two pieces of fully exclusive Tomb Raider: Underworld DLC which contained the full ending of the game (I'm still quite annoyed about that really, since I really liked Underworld and would've happily bought the DLC for it)

Edited by madbuk

I agree that making it timed exclusive was a terrible decision, but Tomb Raider II was a console exclusive to PS1, even after they had already said they were going to make a SEGA Saturn version, so it's not exactly a brand new thing for the series.

Edit: Also, Xbox got two pieces of fully exclusive Tomb Raider: Underworld DLC which contained the full ending of the game (I'm still quite annoyed about that really, since I really liked Underworld and would've happily bought the DLC for it)

Let me paraphrase myself then, Tomb Raider was never an exclusive IP. I am not saying l am pissed because it was timed exclusive of xbox. I would have the same mind if it was timed exclusive of xbox. 

Another bullshit thing, they are like " yes, you're paying a full price for a game that released a year ago but you know you got all the dlcs."

Oh really? Okay, let's say this one is GOTY version where is the vanilla one l can get for 30$?

• Like 1

Fuck no.

200% agree. If it's anything in a game that pisses me off is the damn collectibles.. I'd rather freaking play a game on the hardest difficulty than hunting those meaningless crap. Seriously! When do devs ever learn to put in a manageable number of collectibles or collectibles that can be found with some sort of in game Map through an upgrade like some games do. It pisses me a great deal. Yeah collect relics, documents, plus 300 cards! Wtf this is why I avoided Spiderman games.. now that this is out of my system.. I can relax :)

Let me paraphrase myself then, Tomb Raider was never an exclusive IP. I am not saying l am pissed because it was timed exclusive of xbox. I would have the same mind if it was timed exclusive of xbox. 

Another bullshit thing, they are like " yes, you're paying a full price for a game that released a year ago but you know you got all the dlcs."

Oh really? Okay, let's say this one is GOTY version where is the vanilla one l can get for 30$?

There isn't one and if you don't like it, don't support it. That simple. You're whining about paying $60 for a game and all of the DLC that people paid $60 for just the base game before. If anything, the Xbox users got the short end of the stick. You really expect them to release 2 different versions? That makes no sense. Rather than complaining they didn't make two versions, you should just wait for this one to drop in price.

• Like 2

200% agree. If it's anything in a game that pisses me off is the damn collectibles.. I'd rather freaking play a game on the hardest difficulty than hunting those meaningless crap. Seriously! When do devs ever learn to put in a manageable number of collectibles or collectibles that can be found with some sort of in game Map through an upgrade like some games do. It pisses me a great deal. Yeah collect relics, documents, plus 300 cards! Wtf this is why I avoided Spiderman games.. now that this is out of my system.. I can relax :)

If it's anything like the previous game, the game does have an in-game collectibles map.

In Tomb Raider, you had to use skill points to purchase an upgrade which showed you where the collectible maps are. Then, once you've found them, all collectibles appear on the map (apart from the things you needed for challenges). I'd be surprised if this game is any different.

Also, there's already a trophy for playing on the hardest difficulty as well :P

• Like 1

Really not a fan of the trophy art at all, it looks like The Last of Us Remastered - which I didn't like either. Not a fan of co-op (and have nobody to play with anyway), so that final DLC will be a huge pain.

Other than that I really like how many there are. Survivor difficulty is new for the PS4 version right? That could be pretty tough.

The survivor trophy is new because previous titles you could finish in any difficultly

Wait what? The Xbox version also has a survivor trophy and all other Tomb Raider titles except the first reboot had a hardest difficulty trophy.

OT: tried to not look a lot at the trophies as I switch of notifications for new games so I won't be spoiled or taken out of the moment, but I like that the new Croft manor DLC has trophies, that should mean that it at least has a bit of content instead of being over in five minutes.

what are you talking about xbox having exclusive DLC, i haven't seen that anywhere, the ps4 version is supposed to have all the DLC, that's what they've said in every marketing trailer, get the PS4 version with all the DLC

I also would prefer playing on hardest difficulty rather than following a guide, trying to catch up with the game , screen, game , screen aaaand here comes the neck pain.

Who thinks and why adding collectibles is a good idea? It would be okay with a fair number but that is a lot.

There isn't one and if you don't like it, don't support it. That simple. You're whining about paying $60 for a game and all of the DLC that people paid $60 for just the base game before. If anything, the Xbox users got the short end of the stick. You really expect them to release 2 different versions? That makes no sense. Rather than complaining they didn't make two versions, you should just wait for this one to drop in price.

I don't like it, l don't support it. I am simply stating my opinion and reasons why l don't like it and why l think this is bullshit. I believe that's the point of a forum and you know, games are tend to have a price drop as days goes by.Naturally, l expect a vanilla version without dlcs. Maybe l don't care about dlcs? Why would l want to pay for something l am not interested? 

Wait what? The Xbox version also has a survivor trophy and all other Tomb Raider titles except the first reboot had a hardest difficulty trophy.

OT: tried to not look a lot at the trophies as I switch of notifications for new games so I won't be spoiled or taken out of the moment, but I like that the new Croft manor DLC has trophies, that should mean that it at least has a bit of content instead of being over in five minutes.

I could've sworn I read when the PS4 edition was first announced that they were introducing a new difficulty where you had to build camps to even save your game, but I wasn't sure whether that was Survivor difficulty or not. 

what are you talking about xbox having exclusive DLC, i haven't seen that anywhere, the ps4 version is supposed to have all the DLC, that's what they've said in every marketing trailer, get the PS4 version with all the DLC

Tomb Raider: Underworld is a different game, Xbox got 2 DLCs from it (Beneath the Ashes and Lara's Shadow) which weren't available on other consoles.

Rise of the Tomb Raider, on the other hand, includes all DLC on PS4.

Edited by madbuk

If it's anything like the previous game, the game does have an in-game collectibles map.

In Tomb Raider, you had to use skill points to purchase an upgrade which showed you where the collectible maps are. Then, once you've found them, all collectibles appear on the map (apart from the things you needed for challenges). I'd be surprised if this game is any different.

Also, there's already a trophy for playing on the hardest difficulty as well :P

woah! Yes please. Hope you're right because then it'll be actually fun to collect them if they're somewhat visible by platforming or solving some puzzle. Phew thanks for the insight and hope youre right. Fingers crossed :D Edited by poopooblast

I don't like it, l don't support it. I am simply stating my opinion and reasons why l don't like it and why l think this is bullshit. I believe that's the point of a forum and you know, games are tend to have a price drop as days goes by.Naturally, l expect a vanilla version without dlcs. Maybe l don't care about dlcs? Why would l want to pay for something l am not interested? 

I believe I'm stating my opinion as to why what you're saying is ridiculous, which is also the point of a forum. An extra version without the DLC wouldn't appeal to many. Most of the people wanting it at a lower price have the common sense to wait rather than complain there isn't a vanilla version. Why would they want to pay to produce an extra version that very few people would even buy? If you aren't interested in the DLC, you can wait along with everybody else and simply skip those parts if you aren't interested in playing them. It's not complicated. 

I could've sworn I read when the PS4 edition was first announced that they were introducing a new difficulty where you had to build camps to even save your game, but I wasn't sure whether that was Survivor difficulty or not.

Croft Manor and Endurance co-op are the only two trophy packs new for the PS4 version. Haven't looked at other specific trophies but I've checked before my previous post and the Xbox version already had a survivor difficulty. Maybe there's just no trophy for it?

I've checked with the retailer I buy at and there's an "extreme survivor" difficulty for PS4. So yes on the extreme difficulty but no trophy for it, it seems.

I believe I'm stating my opinion as to why what you're saying is ridiculous, which is also the point of a forum. An extra version without the DLC wouldn't appeal to many. Most of the people wanting it at a lower price have the common sense to wait rather than complain there isn't a vanilla version. Why would they want to pay to produce an extra version that very few people would even buy? If you aren't interested in the DLC, you can wait along with everybody else and simply skip those parts if you aren't interested in playing them. It's not complicated.

I've heard of complete collections being ported to other systems after the fact but I don't think I've ever seen a vanilla edition with separate DLC being released if all DLC was out on other systems before the port.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

I've heard of complete collections being ported to other systems after the fact but I don't think I've ever seen a vanilla edition with separate DLC being released if all DLC was out on other systems before the port.

Can't say I've ever heard of that either. Nor would I expect them to, honestly.