TOMB RAIDER trophy thoughts

DF007gamer

Can't say I've ever heard of that either. Nor would I expect them to, honestly.

I'm not a big DLC fan but I'm not a completionist either. If it's story DLC then I'll probably play it at some point, definitely if I get it for free and if I liked the main game.

Even if the two story DLC packs for Assassin's Creed II still don't have trophies for PS4, I'll play them again anyway. Have not paid for any of the Ezio DLC on PS3 because I had already played them on X360, but since the PS4 trilogy is a complete version I'll play it all. As for Rise: I will definitely play the (many) story DLC packs and I will probably ignore Endurance, not sure yet.

Tomb Raider : Rise of the Bronze trophies

This is the most lopsided list I've seen in a while

Can't wait for the game though

Lol the name was the first thing I thought of when I saw how many Bronze trophies there were, even in the base game. A couple games I know of that had lists like this (that I own, at least) were Doom: BFG Edition and Life Is Strange

It would've been impossible to have changed the trophy list values without deviating from the achievement list over on Xbox. Even with all the trophies being bronze (+ 1 gold) they're still maxed out on how many trophy points the game is allowed to have (1,230).

It was probably a lot easier to just replicate the Xbox list instead of making a whole new list with varying values. I actually like it this way - still get the same amount of points, but get more trophies doing so. Not sure what the DLC limit is, though.

Even with all these trophies, they actually had to cut 12 because they maxed out their points. It's mostly miscellaneous stuff and things you'd automatically unlock while earning other trophies anyway, but here they are:

Dive into a well
Endurance Challenge: Collect at least 10 Artifacts
Endurance Challenge: Open 5 Codices or Sarcophagi
Baba Yaga: Collect 50% of the Documents in the Wicked Vale
Baba Yaga: Ride the Lift back to the other side
Baba Yaga: Equip the Dreamstinger and Wraithskin outfit together
Baba Yaga: Fall to your death from the Lift
Baba Yaga: Confuse an enemy with the Dreamstinger
Baba Yaga: Kill 10 enemies while wearing the Wraithskin outfit
Baba Yaga: Confuse 3 enemies with one shot from the Dreamstinger
Baba Yaga: Attempt any Wicked Vale Score Attack
Baba Yaga: Complete a Wicked Vale Score Attack with a gold score

The Endurance Co-op pack is at max points so it's possible that had some trophies cut as well, but until the Xbox list is updated we won't be able to see which, if any.

• Like 1

Bring it on :) I can't wait for this. I'm liking the DLC trophies. They gave me a reason to keep playing The Last of Us, and the same applies here. They should keep people busy for a while.

I'm going to earn the Plat in Tomb Raider all over again in the Definitive Edition before then moving onto this :)

Edited by Dreamcatcher4891

PS4 version comes with all DLC already, and the 20th Anniversary Celebration edition (which is basically GOTY) is coming to PC too. The only benefit to having a GOTY now is for Xbox users, and they've had more than enough of a benefit in regards to this game don't you think? Personally, I think Croft Manor should've been PS4 exclusive for a year.

Awesome, that's good to know. I thought PS4 users had to buy the DLCs separately.

Good to see this now, this game has no MP trophies. I don't know if this is is true my i believe that more and more games aren't including MP trophies anymore, at least no big grinds, just a little bit of MP that can be done in a couple of hours in stead of the sometimes ridiculous grinds in SP focused games. Good to see this happen.

I will definitely add this to my library when the price drops a bit. There are too many games coming out in the next half year that i'm excited for so i can't buy everything at full price. that library gets bigger and bigger, need a secretary in the future probably.

Can't be surprised that most of them are bronze given the sheer number of trophies. I stopped caring about the Bronze/Silver/Gold breakdown of games long ago. I'll gladly take a boost in my overall trophy count. Anyway, I would love to 100% a list this big seeing as I won't have to go out of my way to buy any DLC. Hopefully everything will be do-able, though I'm not sure how hard some of the DLC might be seeing as some of the descriptions sound difficult. At any rate, it will be nice to finally be able to play the game.

i like the list, and all that dlc, gives you plenty to do. cannot wait for this game :)

also just noticed the main list has the same number of bronzes as doom 3 bfg does, just a interesting find 

Edited by MR T

The one trophy I'm iffy about is the 'Ultimate survivor' as the description for the trophy says to complete the game on Survivor difficulty... Because a ultimate survivor difficulty setting has been added for the PS4. To get that trophy would I need to complete the game on survivor difficulty or ultimate survivor difficulty?

ZachBoardyHD.png

Wow! That's a looooooooooooot of trophies. But I guess that's been said before. Not really worried about the difficulty since the last game was a cake walk even on hardest. It'd be nice if one of my personal friends/family had the game too, for those co-op trophies. I don't think I'll pick this up anytime soon tho, I loved the first, but I'm just not feeling it now.