TOMB RAIDER trophy thoughts

DF007gamer

Same here, regular edition (it already contains the artbook and the statue wasn't "wow" enough for me), couple of weeks ago (without looking at the achievements).

Yeah the artbook was enough for me. I did already know the achievements though as I had a look over them when they first came out, out of interest. Was getting the game either way though, I have all the others, well apart from the Game Boy ones. The only thing I needed to decide on was if I was going to buy new or second hand, but the complete nature of the PS4 edition, and with the artbook thrown in for good measure, it was enough to get me to preorder. :D

Yeah the artbook was enough for me. I did already know the achievements though as I had a look over them when they first came out, out of interest. Was getting the game either way though, I have all the others, well apart from the Game Boy ones. The only thing I needed to decide on was if I was going to buy new or second hand, but the complete nature of the PS4 edition, and with the artbook thrown in for good measure, it was enough to get me to preorder. :D

For me the main reason was being able to get it for cheap (by trading in some other games on a special offer).

A look at my card shows that I don't look at trophies at all before deciding if I want to play a game. Transformers Devastation, The Last Of Us, Bulletstorm a year after the servers had been shut down...

Also, don't let a trophy list and availability of guides for them be the reason why you buy a game. That's the path to the dark side.

True! Maybe this game will bring me an unexpected challenge and so I'll push myself to do it! :D

For me the main reason was being able to get it for cheap (by trading in some other games on a special offer).

A look at my card shows that I don't look at trophies at all before deciding if I want to play a game. Transformers Devastation, The Last Of Us, Bulletstorm a year after the servers had been shut down...

I always look when touching a old game if it involves online trophies. Even today, if I'd take a game day one, I'd do online trophies immediately before going into something else.

Edited by Max654

True! Maybe this game will bring me an unexpected challenge and so I'll push myself to do it! :D

I always look when touching a old game if it involves online trophies. Even today, if I'd take a game day one, I'd do online trophies immediately before going into something else.

I had a bit of a problem with achievement hunting on X360 (buying cheap and easily completable games etc) so with PlayStation I wanted to have more fun and I started ignoring trophies more, first looking at if a game gives me joy and after a first run at how many additional trophies I want to obtain. I usually don't even bother with multiplayer these days, I haven't even bothered with the Uncharted 4 multiplayer introduction before getting rid of it...

I had a bit of a problem with achievement hunting on X360 (buying cheap and easily completable games etc) so with PlayStation I wanted to have more fun and I started ignoring trophies more, first looking at if a game gives me joy and after a first run at how many additional trophies I want to obtain. I usually don't even bother with multiplayer these days, I haven't even bothered with the Uncharted 4 multiplayer introduction before getting rid of it...

Uncharted 4 Multiplayer trophies were pretty simple, if not tedious. But I also bought Bulletstorm without checking server a few months ago. Even worse, the Limited Edition... Not too likely to put it on my PS3 because of being forever incomplete.

Uncharted 4 Multiplayer trophies were pretty simple, if not tedious. But I also bought Bulletstorm without checking server a few months ago. Even worse, the Limited Edition... Not too likely to put it on my PS3 because of being forever incomplete.

My point was the opposite actually... I got Bulletstorm from a friend and I don't care about the servers, it's a cool game for as long as it takes to get through the main game.

Of Uncharted 4, I did not even do the multiplayer introduction, which you can get a trophy for... I reckon that would have taken me about five minutes of work but I did not want to put that kind of effort in multiplayer.

My point was the opposite actually... I got Bulletstorm from a friend and I don't care about the servers, it's a cool game for as long as it takes to get through the main game.

Of Uncharted 4, I did not even do the multiplayer introduction, which you can get a trophy for... I reckon that would have taken me about five minutes of work but I did not want to put that kind of effort in multiplayer.

From my experience, multiplayer trophies were buggy (in a good way), as you'd unlock them before you meet the requirements.

I hate these kinds of trophy lists. Even if it does come down to as much points as any other platinum, I hate that you're rewarded so minimally for time-consuming, difficult trophies (f.e. Survivor difficulty). 

The xbox achievements were pretty balanced. Strange how they could make a total of 1000G work when they doled out plenty of ~40G achievements, but PS can't even afford one silver, when our max (minus platinum) is around 1100 points. 

I hate these kinds of trophy lists. Even if it does come down to as much points as any other platinum, I hate that you're rewarded so minimally for time-consuming, difficult trophies (f.e. Survivor difficulty). 

The xbox achievements were pretty balanced. Strange how they could make a total of 1000G work when they doled out plenty of ~40G achievements, but PS can't even afford one silver, when our max (minus platinum) is around 1100 points.

The reason being, the lowest point value we can have is 15 points with a bronze trophy while a lot of the Xbox achievements from this game are 5 and 10 points. So there's more freedom with achievements. I suppose you could say that's a flaw with trophies, but I'd still rather have trophies over generic gamerscore any day. The fact is the game is at the maximum allowance of points (not including DLC) so the only way to create more balance would be to remove ten or so more trophies from the list and the devs must have decided to try their best in giving us as much of the full list as possible, but even then a few had to be removed. Most of the removed achievements are from the Baba Yaga DLC though, 22 became 13.

Pick me! Pick me! Pick me! :P

I'm excited to get stuck into this one. I too have been waiting patiently and managed to avoid any spoilers, have it pre-ordered ready and a-waiting (couldn't miss out on that artbook!). It's been a long while since I've had a trophy list this comprehensive to tackle so I'm up for the challenge! :D And collectibles? Pfft, doesn't bother me, I love collectibles. Okay maybe not Underworld's endless supply of identical silver plumbobs but still... "I love collectibles!"

Interesting to see the trophies for the two new DLCs, I already knew about the rest from the Xbox releases, a few are missing here though due to point constraints. Also for anyone interested, the trophy icons are from the Xbox 360 release. I'm pretty much with you though "DD" (can I call you that for short? :P ) – not a big fan of the designs. I don't mind the trophy icons but for sure they aren't the greatest, some colour wouldn't go a miss, just sick of the black and white "The Last of Us style" now, it's dull. I despise the game thumbnail though, I know it's the same design as the trophies but it just looks worse for some reason. It looks like when you put the contrast to the max. It also bugs me how the flare Lara's holding has the light/sparks removed, looks stupid. *sigh* The woes of being a designer... xD

For sure! Should I maybe add you on PSN then? Damn son the hype is real to co-op this with you.

I too don't see why many people dislike collectibles, I actually generally enjoy seeking them out. More so if the game has an in-game map of everything. Collectibles are always fun to end off a Platinum with. I don't know what everybody else thinks. And me too, it's been a while since a list this massive and challenging, oh boy am I looking forward to it!

Yeah of course, a lot of people call me that anyway. :P  But yeah it definitely is annoying with the icons and thumbnail, they look rubbish. I guess they wanted to continue the tradition of it's predecessor with the black and white but even with that one the Platinum was still beautifully red rendered. Made the Platinum that much more accomplishable. When it popped for me I was like "wow nice, finally some color!". Oh man we really should stop with these designer rants, everybody's probably so done with us. :D

Also, don't let a trophy list and availability of guides for them be the reason why you buy a game. That's the path to the dark side.

Exactly the message I'm trying to convey to everybody.

For sure! Should I maybe add you on PSN then? Damn son the hype is real to co-op this with you.

I too don't see why many people dislike collectibles, I actually generally enjoy seeking them out. More so if the game has an in-game map of everything. Collectibles are always fun to end off a Platinum with. I don't know what everybody else thinks. And me too, it's been a while since a list this massive and challenging, oh boy am I looking forward to it!

Yeah of course, a lot of people call me that anyway. :P  But yeah it definitely is annoying with the icons and thumbnail, they look rubbish. I guess they wanted to continue the tradition of it's predecessor with the black and white but even with that one the Platinum was still beautifully red rendered. Made the Platinum that much more accomplishable. When it popped for me I was like "wow nice, finally some color!". Oh man we really should stop with these designer rants, everybody's probably so done with us. :D

So I've added you, sorry for the delay. My copy of the game was dispatched yesterday actually which is exciting. Hopefully that means I'll be getting my grubby mitts on it early! :devil: Hopefully our mahusive timezone difference won't be an issue though?

Yeah collectibles are one of my favourite things actually... shh don't tell anyone I said that! :P And if this is anything like the "first" one they'll be a cakewalk, it literally tells you where they are and which ones you missed. I also know there are no missable trophies (thanks to XBA guide) so that's always a bonus to not have to worry.

Oh that's true! The plat was red last time. They could've at least made it blue (like the PS4 cover) this time. Stop these rants? Ha maybe, but then nah. :P

why is there only ONE gold and a handful silvers but over a HUNDRED bronze, thats stupid wtf

there should be more silvers and golds in this set

whoever decides on whether the trophies are gold, silver or bronze are dumb. really dumb.

See my post above... To have a balanced list a good lot of the trophies would have needed to be cut and then there'd be people complaining about having less than Xbox. They can't win.

So I've added you, sorry for the delay. My copy of the game was dispatched yesterday actually which is exciting. Hopefully that means I'll be getting my grubby mitts on it early! :devil: Hopefully our mahusive timezone difference won't be an issue though?

Yeah collectibles are one of my favourite things actually... shh don't tell anyone I said that! :P And if this is anything like the "first" one they'll be a cakewalk, it literally tells you where they are and which ones you missed. I also know there are no missable trophies (thanks to XBA guide) so that's always a bonus to not have to worry.

Oh that's true! The plat was red last time. They could've at least made it blue (like the PS4 cover) this time. Stop these rants? Ha maybe, but then nah. :P

Yeah I hope so. I actually need to message you and Madbuk about that. I will make a group conversation shortly to address the ROTR co-op issues in terms of time-zones and such.

Don't even worry about it, people will say what they say, but we'll keep on keeping on loving collectibles! Haha. Oh, and the rants about designs for all the games. Let's be really unapologetic about this on every forum we horde.  :dance:  I'm glad there are no missables though, and thanks for informing me of this. But to be fair, even if there was, this is like the only game I'll be playing for the next several months so a second playthrough to catch up on a missable I missed will be the very least of my issues. I know I keep saying it but dAMN I AM SO HYPED.

Ah, yeah! That would of been really pretty. For the Platinum at least, sheesh Square Enix a little effort next time please? Kidding, they're working their butts off, I'm just a nitpicky guy who lives on Photoshop.

Yeah I hope so. I actually need to message you and Madbuk about that. I will make a group conversation shortly to address the ROTR co-op issues in terms of time-zones and such.

Don't even worry about it, people will say what they say, but we'll keep on keeping on loving collectibles! Haha. Oh, and the rants about designs for all the games. Let's be really unapologetic about this on every forum we horde.  :dance:  I'm glad there are no missables though, and thanks for informing me of this. But to be fair, even if there was, this is like the only game I'll be playing for the next several months so a second playthrough to catch up on a missable I missed will be the very least of my issues. I know I keep saying it but dAMN I AM SO HYPED.

Ah, yeah! That would of been really pretty. For the Platinum at least, sheesh Square Enix a little effort next time please? Kidding, they're working their butts off, I'm just a nitpicky guy who lives on Photoshop.

Can't even imagine that lol, I did graphics design as one of my units at college and Photoshop seemed so complicated. Still don't know how I passed xD

As for collectibles, usually I find them a chore in games, but they were my favourite part of TR2013. A huge gunfight between you and 100 guards? No, go away with that nonsense, I want to climb around and find secrets thanks.

Can't even imagine that lol, I did graphics design as one of my units at college and Photoshop seemed so complicated. Still don't know how I passed xD

As for collectibles, usually I find them a chore in games, but they were my favourite part of TR2013. A huge gunfight between you and 100 guards? No, go away with that nonsense, I want to climb around and find secrets thanks.

Haha! Dell and I love complaining about horribly designed trophy icons and thumbnails, don't even worry about it!  :D Is it even possible to fail Graphic Design? Lol it's so easy and fun, I don't see how anybody wouldn't enjoy it.

Yeah that's understandable, you and the rest of the world tbh. Everybody's probably looking down on us right now like "who are these guys thinking they are praising collectibles" lmao. I usually clear out an area before I begin the sweep though, don't want Lara getting shot in the butt while she bends over to pickup a GPS Cache now, don't you? 

Haha! Dell and I love complaining about horribly designed trophy icons and thumbnails, don't even worry about it!  :D Is it even possible to fail Graphic Design? Lol it's so easy and fun, I don't see how anybody wouldn't enjoy it.

Yeah that's understandable, you and the rest of the world tbh. Everybody's probably looking down on us right now like "who are these guys thinking they are praising collectibles" lmao. I usually clear out an area before I begin the sweep though, don't want Lara getting shot in the butt while she bends over to pickup a GPS Cache now, don't you? 

Unfortunately it is. One of the grading criteria was "showing creativity and flair".

How do you even do that? It's such a subjective thing to mark and would vary depending on who's marking your work lol. Get someone who doesn't like your vision? Too bad, fail.

And idk, at least she'd be dying as an explorer and not while she's in the middle of being a serial killer :P

Edited by madbuk

Don't even worry about it, people will say what they say, but we'll keep on keeping on loving collectibles! Haha. Oh, and the rants about designs for all the games. Let's be really unapologetic about this on every forum we horde. :dance: I'm glad there are no missables though, and thanks for informing me of this. But to be fair, even if there was, this is like the only game I'll be playing for the next several months so a second playthrough to catch up on a missable I missed will be the very least of my issues. I know I keep saying it but dAMN I AM SO HYPED.

Ah ok. :) Do you know if it's three/four player co-op or just two? I hadn't thought.

Well of course, the design is the most important thing isn't it? Nevermind the gameplay. :P We must enlighten the masses! If they want it or not, they'll get it. It's crucial to the mankind's survival!

Oh yeah that's true. Multiple playthroughs aren't a big deal if the game's a good' but still I just like to know there's no missables and be free to do whatever I like without worry. Let me guess, you're perhaps a little bit hyped? xD

I'm more of an Adobe Illustrator guy myself, used it for my avatar there, but no actually, Photoshop would be the one for this task, so yeah I use both, and InDesign occasionally, and everything, I use everything everywhere, yeah that's it. :P

Unfortunately it is. One of the grading criteria was "showing creativity and flair".

How do you even do that? It's such a subjective thing to mark and would vary depending on who's marking your work lol. Get someone who doesn't like your vision? Too bad, fail.

Oh yeah I know that all too well. One lecturer at college is on board with your ideas and takes a liking to you/your work/your style then another rips you to shreads. Luckily for me they weren't my lead lecturer. Phew!

Edit: I've just read that apparently if we sign in to play the game during release week then we'll receive a bonus 100 000 in-game credits. So that's another nice little extra. :D

Edited by dell9300

Edit: I've just read that apparently if we sign in to play the game during release week then we'll receive a bonus 100 000 in-game credits. So that's another nice little extra. :D

Read that yesterday as well. That equals to 20 bronze packs with 5 cards each - so that's a third of the "Museum" trophy for free. Not complaining about that at all :)

Edit: there are already a lot of gift packages with cards in the store right from the start - something like 130 cards I guess. So you can get the 100 cards trophy right from the start without doing anything else before. And with the upcoming 100k credit bonus, that will make the trophy definetly doable. Xbox and PC players had to do quite a grind and repeat certain things to farm credits and we get nearly everything for free :)

Edit 2: This bonus will now be rewarded until October 25th, so that all the Collectors Edition folks will get it as well :)

Edited by dalailama1989
  • Like 1

The Endurance Co-op pack is at max points so it's possible that had some trophies cut as well, but until the Xbox list is updated we won't be able to see which, if any.

And it does indeed as the Xbox list has twenty so seven are missing for us including an extra one for the main game: to complete it on extreme survivor difficulty! Glad we didn't get that one! :P

We have all ten of the Croft Manor DLC trophies though.

• 3 weeks later...

So my platinum is here and i can definitely say that the game is awesome. As far as trophy goes, the game packs the same content wise from the reboot with some new collectibles and challenges. Score attack mode delivers the extra hours the game needs now that the awful MP is gone. I recorded some videos from the score attack mode and at least for me was so so much fun.  

If anyone want to check it out, :D

• Like 1