Tales of Berseria EGX Gameplay

Xel

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, I'm looking forward to FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Persona 5, and Tales of Berseria. Now I just need to get a PS4 :lol:.

Hehe, you better get on that quick then. Not much longer to go now! :)

I'm surprised you held out on getting a PS4 for so long. At least you have the choice of a PS4 Slim or Pro now. What better time to jump on the bandwagon? ;)

Hehe, you better get on that quick then. Not much longer to go now! :)

I'm surprised you held out on getting a PS4 for so long. At least you have the choice of a PS4 Slim or Pro now. What better time to jump on the bandwagon? ;)

One of the benefits of having a huge backlog :lol:. Still haven't gotten through the PS3 backlog tbh. I like the PS4 Slim and it comes with 1TB, not sure how much the PS4 Pro has.

One of the benefits of having a huge backlog :lol:. Still haven't gotten through the PS3 backlog tbh. I like the PS4 Slim and it comes with 1TB, not sure how much the PS4 Pro has.

I can definitely relate to that. :D I still have a huge backlog on PS3 and Vita, but I'm also a sucker for purchasing new games. As you can imagine, this means it's practically impossible to reduce the backlog's size. It just keeps growing. :| I think you may be onto something by waiting. xD

The Pro comes with a 1TB HDD too. The funny thing is that if I bought a Pro or Slim, it would actually be a downgrade to the one I have now. I got me that 2TB HDD. B) I'm sure most people could manage just fine with 1TB though.

I can definitely relate to that. :D I still have a huge backlog on PS3 and Vita, but I'm also a sucker for purchasing new games. As you can imagine, this means it's practically impossible to reduce the backlog's size. It just keeps growing. :| I think you may be onto something by waiting. xD

The Pro comes with a 1TB HDD too. The funny thing is that if I bought a Pro or Slim, it would actually be a downgrade to the one I have now. I got me that 2TB HDD. B) I'm sure most people could manage just fine with 1TB though.

Lol, that's why I only buy games when they're on sale. Gives me time to reduce the backlog, before it's back to the original size again :lol:.

That's good to know, guess I'll only have to decide based on how many controllers there are and if the PS4 comes with a game.

I liked Tales of Symphonia when it was on GameCube, completed it on GameCube, but couldn't get through the Chronicles as the trophy list was daunting. That turned me off to all Tales games. If Tales of Berseria has a nicer trophy list, I might consider it. Just bought FFXIII-2 for the backlog and plan on going through it a bit at a time. If Tales of Berseria is the same way, I might consider it, since it looks so beautiful.

I liked Tales of Symphonia when it was on GameCube, completed it on GameCube, but couldn't get through the Chronicles as the trophy list was daunting. That turned me off to all Tales games. If Tales of Berseria has a nicer trophy list, I might consider it. Just bought FFXIII-2 for the backlog and plan on going through it a bit at a time. If Tales of Berseria is the same way, I might consider it, since it looks so beautiful.

You shouldn't let the trophy lists stop you from playing these games, especially when they're so good! Besides, none of the recent Tales games even come close to how daunting Symphonia's trophy list is. At most they have some grinding, but it's really not that bad.

As for Berseria's trophy list, it looks pretty straightforward. Nothing looks difficult. More importantly though, I've heard it's one of the best games in the series for quite some time. It would be a shame if people didn't play it because of trophies.

• Like 2

If Tales of Berseria is the same way, I might consider it, since it looks so beautiful.

Eeeh, I don't know. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the Tales games do have solid art direction—even though the art style hasn't changed AT ALL at least since Vesperia—but having played the Berseria demo, I can say I was thoroughly underwhelmed by the visual presentation. It simply looks like a PS3 game. Even Persona 5 suffers from PS3-itis. It looks great overall but the environment textures are so butt ugly sometimes that I have to stop and wonder if I'm secretly playing a game from 1997.

I can't wait for the moment when Japanese developers abandon the PS3 and start focusing exclusively on current gen, dammit. But I guess the PS5 will be out by then...

Edited by ShadowReplicant

Eeeh, I don't know. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the Tales games do have solid art direction—even though the art style hasn't changed AT ALL at least since Vesperia—but having played the Berseria demo, I can say I was thoroughly underwhelmed by the visual presentation. It simply looks like a PS3 game. Even Persona 5 suffers from PS3-itis. It looks great overall but the environment textures are so butt ugly sometimes that I have to stop and wonder if I'm secretly playing a game from 1997.

I can't wait for the moment when Japanese developers abandon the PS3 and start focusing exclusively on current gen, dammit. But I guess the PS5 will be out by then...

I don't think there will be that big of a difference even after Japan abandons PS3 :D

• Like 1

Oh man, I totally forgot about the Crash Bandicoot remaster. We've heard basically nothing since it was announced. I wonder if we'll see anything at PSX this year. :hmm:

Tsk, tsk, tsk, shame on you for forgetting about it :P. Let's hope so, though I don't mind if Naughty Dog takes their time. I can't wait to finally play Crash Bandicoot 1 for the first time :dance:.