PSN PLUS October free games are here

DF007gamer

I've never played an RE game. I only played five minutes of the RE 5 demo then quit because I just could not figure out how shit worked for the life of me.

That said, I will snag RE to give it a go. The Transformers game I'm REALLY iffy about but I'll still add it to my library.

Everything else, nada. Not interested in them. September has had the best month so far IMO because I grabbed all of those, even though I don't own a Vita yet.

Don't recall (in the three years I've been a plus member) ever downloading an entire list.

I'll put it this way for anyone interested in Actual Sunlight: Putting aside your feelings for a moment on the person yourself, how did you enjoy Zoe Quinn's Depression Quest game she made? It's vaguely along the lines of that, to include the lines of text to read, it'll make you think about yourself, but now you have a character to control, and there's no real choices to make. I won't dissuade anyone from doing what they went, since the game is available now at no additional cost. It's an easy set of trophies. But from personal forum experience, I see people interested in this and go:

giphy.gif

I appreciate the warning since I was interested in this game.....but it may accidentally trigger my depression to come back. So to be in the safe side, I will be stuck here in the Super Happy Fun Time Land.

I'll put it this way for anyone interested in Actual Sunlight: Putting aside your feelings for a moment on the person yourself, how did you enjoy Zoe Quinn's Depression Quest game she made? It's vaguely along the lines of that, to include the lines of text to read, it'll make you think about yourself, but now you have a character to control, and there's no real choices to make. I won't dissuade anyone from doing what they went, since the game is available now at no additional cost. It's an easy set of trophies. But from personal forum experience, I see people interested in this and go:

giphy.gif

I appreciate the warning since I was interested in this game.....but it may accidentally trigger my depression to come back. So to be in the safe side, I will be stuck here in the Super Happy Fun Time Land.

Or do what I do... Whenever I play something that's depressing, I switch it with something light and fun, and I always make sure the light one is the last I play on any day. I can recommend a lot of titles that worked for me.

• Like 1

Not quite as depressing as it is infuriating, especially if you're a person who has fought for some control over your own depression, because you can see how the character can better his own lot but he does nothing about it. You can't make him do anything, there's no choice you can make for him, nothing that can stop the inevitable conclusion to the story. All you can do is advance the text to the end. If you had your own problems with depression, the game might make you wonder if that's how you came off to the people who were trying to help you.

• Like 1

PS4: I bought Transformers: Devastation at retail. Admittedly it was only $47au, but still. Happy for Resident Evil!

PS3: From Dust and Mad Riders are in the current Ubisoft sale for $5.95au

Vita: Code: Realize I'm happy about as I need some more Japanese type games, but Actual Sunlight looks intriguing.

Less forced?

In any case, yea, C:R is better than Amnesia.

Yeah they force you to select the guys quickly without explaining shit whatsoever after the beginning segment. 

This is what made Amnesia weird for me. It presented me with an asshole boy so I tried to put him in his place, wanted to break up with him a whole bunch of times and ended up with a "bad" ending but I felt relieved I was rid of that asshole. Perhaps if I just played along with what he expected then I would have found out what the reasons behind it were, it seems to be more about "act how people around you expect you to" and less "act how you want to", which I am used to in interactive fiction which I play a lot.

I did not dislike Amnesia but it was weird for sure. Think I went into it with the wrong mindset though, will try again soon. I don't even know what "otome" means...

Can you tell me if I'm playing as a girl again in Code? I used a male name in Amnesia before I realised my character was a girl...

Otome game pretty much means girl game. It doesn't mean only girls can enjoy it, but they are the target audience.

And as others have said, you're a girl again in the game. I wouldn't change the name because the characters speak her name at various points in the game.

Two good months in a row and I've not said that for a while, hope Sony keep up this trend.

While I can't recall the PS4 offerings from 3 months back, I thought that Yakuza 5 was a great pickup for PS3 owners, so I've been happy for a quarter of a year now.

You didn't buy Evolve day one then I take it. One purchase I defiantly regret.

I would guess he makes few day 1 purchases if he doesn't regret them.

Anyway, I'd like to see some VNs make the cut for PS3/PS4. Steins Gate, after a pretty lackluster first 4 chapters, has been incredibly good. Hatoful Boyfriend was a riot. X-Blaze? Well, the less said about that, the better.

Edited by starcrunch061

I would guess he makes few day 1 purchases if he doesn't regret them.

The only day one purchase I've made this year is Zero Time Dilemma and I've made very few in recent memory. It is amazing how much cheaper of a hobby gaming is when you lag behind new releases by a few months and wait for sales.

I wouldn't change the name because the characters speak her name at various points in the game.

Great minds give the same advice.  xD

Yeah they force you to select the guys quickly without explaining shit whatsoever after the beginning segment. 

Ah, that way.

Yea, you won't be be thrown into route immediately.

In Amnesia's case, it was because of the complete setting.

Because you were thrown into different worlds. While in other otome you have one world branching into different outcomes.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

The only day one purchase I've made this year is Zero Time Dilemma and I've made very few in recent memory. It is amazing how much cheaper of a hobby gaming is when you lag behind new releases by a few months and wait for sales.

I agree, and it also saves lots of frustration when hyped games turn out to be mediocre or buggy, in which case there's usually already a patch released :D.

• Like 1