PSN PLUS October free games are here

DF007gamer

What is the combat like in Transformers?  Is it similar to the Cybertron games?

No, not at all. It's a combination of combo-heavy melee with some shooting (and a few minigame segments). Felt primitive/last-gen in places, but I found it fun overall. Cool art style, with '80s cartoon cel effects.

No, not at all. It's a combination of combo-heavy melee with some shooting (and a few minigame segments). Felt primitive/last-gen in places, but I found it fun overall. Cool art style, with '80s cartoon cel effects.

Is the melee combat comparable to other games from Platinum Games, like Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising, The Legend of Korra?

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Is the melee combat comparable to other games from Platinum Games, like Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising, The Legend of Korra?

This was my first Platinum game, so you'll have to turn to Youtube on that one. Looking at videos myself, to me it seems like Bayonetta has a more crowded screen with a closer camera and more diverse/insane moves. Transformers looks more like a conventional beat 'em up.

Lol, maybe it's an error and Sony added The Darkness II.

Hmm... reading the description, it could certainly be just Darkness II. In which case, no big deal. The original Darkness game was a damn classic though.

So after 30 minutes of code it dawned on me that it's just another visual novel, not an actual game  :rolleyes:

If it took you thirty minutes, you must not be very bright.

Also, what exactly defines an "actual game"? :/

So after 30 minutes of code it dawned on me that it's just another visual novel, not an actual game :rolleyes:

I'm gonna try it. I don't usually like romance, and I'm not really into Otome or "choose your husbando" but I can't just skip the free vita game twice in a row. That feels wrong. I just hope November's games are decent/ Otome free.Or at least not an Otome/Indie combo. 

• Like 1

Hmm... reading the description, it could certainly be just Darkness II. In which case, no big deal. The original Darkness game was a damn classic though.

If it took you thirty minutes, you must not be very bright.

Also, what exactly defines an "actual game"? :/

I own thousands of games, it was 1 Am, many take a while to get started so I have doubts that the intelligence of an amoeba is relevant in this situation. "Also, what exactly defines an "actual game"? :/" In case you haven't checked, this is a visual novel.

• Like 1

I'm gonna try it. I don't usually like romance, and I'm not really into Otome or "choose your husbando" but I can't just skip the free vita game twice in a row. That feels wrong. I just hope November's games are decent/ Otome free.Or at least not an Otome/Indie combo.

Easy platinums and certainly better than all those months they kept offering trophyless psp games.

It's reading a book for me, 

So, Telltale games also aren't games? Or the QTEs make it a game for you? :)

I wrote this using Microsoft Word on a computer, how is that not a game?

For example... let's see... you did not develop the text? :P

I mean, I simply don't understand the viewpoint. 

It's something that is developed, you have interaction in terms of choices, you have multiple endings (that's not something you can have in one book :D).

Sure, it's simply reading text, but it's like having JRPG on auto combat :) And that is also a game =D

• Like 2

Yeah I'm not falling for this, if it's a game for you fine. It's reading a book for me, I wrote this using Microsoft Word on a computer, how is that not a game?

What exactly is a game in your eyes then? You make choices and such, so there is a degree of interactivity. You don't get that in a book. I don't see how it's any different from something like a Telltale game.

EDIT:

So, Telltale games also aren't games? Or the QTEs make it a game for you? :)

Damn, you out ninja'd me. :ninja:

• Like 1

It's a tough one Satoshi, I guess to some people it's a game and to others it isn't. I mean they sell well and are under the games market in Japan, I have never seen a VN other than there. I guess the interactive novels from the 90's on 3d0 etc etc was the closest I've ever seen such a thing and they are more physically playable than VN's.

I'm away next week for a month to China and Japan on a boat, I have no doubt I'll watch/play this game/book. At 3 gig I expected what I define as a game, it's as simple as that.

Off topic, If I get a chance to take a snapshot of vita games in Japan, I will.

Edit: I missed your comment Undead and didn't answer to Satoshi on Telltale. I think Telltales releases are an abomination ;) Seriously don't care about their work or the easy plats.

Edited by Z1MZUM

It's a tough one Satoshi, I guess to some people it's a game and to others it isn't. I mean they sell well and are under the games market in Japan, I have never seen a VN other than there. I guess the interactive novels from the 90's on 3d0 etc etc was the closest I've ever seen such a thing and they are more physically playable than VN's.

I'm away next week for a month to China and Japan on a boat, I have no doubt I'll watch/play this game/book. At 3 gig I expected what I define as a game, it's as simple as that.

Off topic, If I get a chance to take a snapshot of vita games in Japan, I will.

This is particularly one of reason why I was surprised you said that. You are a avid Japan visitor and you even said you have been looking at glorious Vita shelves.

It's pretty much the biggest selling type of games (:awesome:) in Japan. So... it surprised me.

Satoshi, Those game stores are like a dream come true and I love visiting Japan. I'm hoping on picking up a load of Vita titles and Persona paraphernalia, I have no doubt this will come true. I also want to take some snapshots like last time though more gaming pictures and particularly Vita. Those walls of Vita are mainly "traditional" video games with a healthy dose of VN's in between. As horrible as my words may seem I'm not really dissing anything, I literally expected a physically playable video game given the size and was a little disappointed when it wasn't. I haven't deleted either VN's from the last 2 months though I have deleted any signs of telltale.

Plus with physicals if there are people out there willing to buy used copies of games you own, you can get some money back from when you paid to buy those said games in order to buy new titles you may be interested in.

Digitals don't have that option, you buy them and then you're pretty much stuck with them, until you delete the data off your console.

• Like 1

What exactly is a game in your eyes then? You make choices and such, so there is a degree of interactivity. You don't get that in a book.

The "choose your own adventure" book genre begs to differ.

om_advbooks.jpg

I actually have the first four of these myself, really liked them as a kid (I think that's the only four that have been translated and sold in Holland). The picture is just grabbed from the internet though.

It's a tough one Satoshi, I guess to some people it's a game and to others it isn't.

I've had this discussion with someone else a few weeks ago, though in his eyes it was about indie bit-sized games not being "real games".

Personally, I think that just because gameplay is minimal that does not mean it's not a real game. Yes, a visual novel asks even less of a gamer than Telltale does, but it's still an interactive game. I actually think Beyond Two Souls is worse in that regard since it pretends to be a real game but during all action sequences (except the last one), you can just put down the controller and the eventual outcome will be absolutely the same. It's QTEs without a real consequence if you fail. At least visual novels will throw you on a different path depending on what choices you make.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1