PSN PLUS October free games are here

DF007gamer

Fujoshi that can ship Shin and Toma?

Not even talking about Ikki and Kent.

Seriously talking, since Amnesia was first, it's probably the reason why it got popular in the first place.

I sort of see that logic, but with that said, not sure who Fujoshis actually pair up. However, the issue I noticed is that Otomate made plenty of VNs before Amnesia, and most of them besides Hakuouki, had sequels/spinoffs. After Amnesia, we do see a few more get spinoffs (namely the ones that came out internationally and Diabolik Lovers), but they are still the minority. Almost every other VN is a 1-off game, which tells me that Amnesia was for some reason more popular than a bunch of other stories, or at least had a lot more money riding on it.

In case you didn't realize, you need a gaming console (in this particular case, a handheld, which still falls into the category of a console, I'm afraid to inform you) in order to play this visual novel. 

Just because it's not YOUR kind of game, doesn't mean it falls under the category of "not an actual game". The most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, FYI.

Ok.

And what book out there allows you the ability to pick and choose what you want to happen? And then the story adjusts itself accordingly to those choices. We see choices and how they impact the story in ACTUAL GAMES quite a lot in today's day and age. In literature, it isn't possible. And that is because the book is already written by the time the reader is enjoying it. In visual novels, of fucking course you can change the story as you're experiencing it. It's an interactive VIDEO GAME. It's the pinnacle of the experience, because it is in fact an "actual game". 

Actually, as BillyHorrible said earlier, it is possible with standard literature. I've read several Doctor Who books like it where you read a chapter, and then get several options, and then it redirects you to a new page once you've decided which option you want to choose.

120207-ml-57267.jpg

So you'll often be going backwards in the book as it redirects you to earlier pages. It also means there's no skipping ahead because you don't know what pages they put the endings on :P

I would still class a visual novel as an actual game though, personally.

Actually, as BillyHorrible said earlier, it is possible with standard literature. I've read several Doctor Who books like it where you read a chapter, and then get several options, and then it redirects you to a new page once you've decided which option you want to choose.

120207-ml-57267.jpg

So you'll often be going backwards in the book as it redirects you to earlier pages. It also means there's no skipping ahead because you don't know what pages they put the endings on :P

I would still class a visual novel as an actual game though, personally.

I think a visual novel is an actual videogame as well, I just raised the point of "choose your own adventure" books since I think "you can't decide for the characters in a book what to do" is not the way to defend a visual novel.

I mean, NOVEL is right there in the genre's name. It's a novel, just with visuals. Not all novels allow you to make choices but then again, not all visual novels allow choices either. It's the medium that makes it a videogame, not that it's a story with a few choices in between, just like a "choose your own adventure" book is still a book, not a videogame (by the way, the genre is actually called "gamebook"). It's just a book with a choice based story (and occasionally some puzzles to figure out).