Signature Battle VII [RESULTS!]

DEMON

Signature Battle VII  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite Pro signature:

2. 2. Vote for your favorite Novice signature

I know you aren't a Novice; but it wasn't actually the text this time that let you down.  I actually liked the text in your signature this time, it was good.  It was the fact you kind of overexposed the actual signature work, you need to be careful when you're working with Curves/Levels if that is what caused it.

Actually, for that one I did like the font I used for Forest Elf, Signature Battle VII was a little plain though (which usually is for most of these contests). As for the overexposure, that was probably from the Gradient Map I used, I had it's opacity at 100%, I usually knock it down anywhere from 50-70% (I've honestly never used curves in a sig before, probably something I need to experiment with :P).

Thanks for the CnC Demon :D

I was using Paint.net before this, so Gimp seems like a pro editing program in comparison :P

As for the render taking about 25 layers to change, that was because I used a new layer every time when filling up gaps. For example when rotating the hand, the yellow decoration on the wrist had to be changed too, which meant that entire thing had to be rotated. That in turn created a new gap near the elbow. Same with the hand, which was originally in her hair and had lots of holes. I also created a new finger as it would seem strange to have a 3-fingered elf (this was before the energy orb was added, so I didn't know the fingers wouldn't be visible at the time). I also adjusted the lower arm's position, so had to make the shoulder/upper arm guard a bit longer to fill that gap. Then there are things like the hair and sword that I removed, so that part needed to be restored too. Same with the hair where the hand used to be.

dT64Ilx.pngp3YNsgN.png

I like this sig a lot.

Yea, I would say out of all the Novice entries.. yours is probably the one with the most work done.

Actually, for that one I did like the font I used for Forest Elf, Signature Battle VII was a little plain though (which usually is for most of these contests). As for the overexposure, that was probably from the Gradient Map I used, I had it's opacity at 100%, I usually knock it down anywhere from 50-70% (I've honestly never used curves in a sig before, probably something I need to experiment with :P).

I think having one fancy font for your main text and one plain font for sub text is good though.  And yea, you need to be careful with Gradient Maps too.  And definitely try out Curves. :)

Anyways speaking of which, we have a theme decided on for the next Signature Battle (and the Signature Battle after that).  Guess away. :P

lord demon 25-50 layers? i'm really happy with myself when i fill out 14 lmao

It's not that bad when you get used to it.  Some of my early signatures were 15 layers too, don't have the PSD though to check anymore (they were made way back in 2008).

But you probably already know the theme :P.

Zombies?

Yes, he already knows. :P

And nope, not zombies.

At least have some blind guesses to start with.  Blind guessing is fun. :P

Fine... if it isn't a Halloween type theme, then how about Final Fantasy, that never gets old. :P

lord demon 25-50 layers? i'm really happy with myself when i fill out 14 lmao

Mine are usually around the 20 range (including a few adjustment layers), I can't imagine what would be involved in a 50 layer sig (besides my PC freezing up). xD

• Like 1

Fine... if it isn't a Halloween type theme, then how about Final Fantasy, that never gets old. :P

Mine are usually around the 20 range (including a few adjustment layers), I can't imagine what would be involved in a 50 layer sig (besides my PC freezing up). xD

You actually got Signature Battle IX Masamune! :)

My PC is OP. :P

You actually got Signature Battle IX Masamune! :)

My PC is OP. :P

Wow, really? & I thought that would be too predictable. xD

Out of curiosity, what are good specs for a PC to run PS smoothly? I was getting some noticeable lag on that last sig I did (& that was only 19 layers). -_-

• Like 1

Oh.. that's going on over in SOTM at the moment. ._. So scarred looking for renders of that game.

lmao Hyperdimension whatever right? looks like typical JRPG fare to me but tbh if it has you scared and you're a mega weeb i'm super scared.

What Photoshop version are you using? when I was making sigs I was using CS2 and that didn't lag too badly.

• Like 1

Oh.. that's going on over in SOTM at the moment. ._. So scarred looking for renders of that game.

Wait, are you talking about Neptunia?  :blink: That's stretching it a little, although I have seen some pretty... explicit "fan-made" things around.

tumblr_o3m85xn4t61r9i2iuo1_r1_500.gif

What Photoshop version are you using? when I was making sigs I was using CS2 and that didn't lag too badly.

CS6.

• Like 1

Wow, really? & I thought that would be too predictable. xD

Out of curiosity, what are good specs for a PC to run PS smoothly? I was getting some noticeable lag on that last sig I did (& that was only 19 layers). -_-

My PC basically consists of an overclocked i5, GTX960, 8GB RAM, SSD (believe it or not, these drives make a difference and are well worth the money). Costed around £800 though.. I'm sure though in US you probably get better deals over there.. UK is a bit shit for PC parts.

lmao Hyperdimension whatever right? looks like typical JRPG fare to me but tbh if it has you scared and you're a mega weeb i'm super scared.

Haha, I'm not really into anime JRPGs which this game is. I remember watching some of the gameplay and was put off immediately with the annoying voices.

Haha, I'm not really into anime JRPGs which this game is. I remember watching some of the gameplay and was put off immediately with the annoying voices.

The japanese cast or the english cast? I agree that the english cast is extremely annoying, but the japanese cast is pretty good.

• Like 1

The japanese cast or the english cast? I agree that the english cast is extremely annoying, but the japanese cast is pretty good.

I find both annoying.  I'm really just not into those type of games. lol Anyways, Signature Battle VIII is still to be guessed. :P