Dependency trophy glitched?

AllyBaby85

I have tried unlocking the dependency trophy many ways, even through deleting the game and reinstalling it and the trophy will not pop.

I use the wisp dust wait until all buffs and de buffs have cleared then I use another one, until I have used all ten+ wisp dusts in my inventory.

I can't find anything around the internet to say if this is broken. The last platinum achiever was in April 2016 so I would have thought the trophy should still be ok.

I am yet to do my hard mode play through and speed run so I'm hoping it pops on one of those, has anyone else had this issue?

I have to do my hard and speed runs still but yeah, it's glitched. The platinum is completely unobtainable due to that trophy being broken.

I e-mailed the developer about six months ago, and they still haven't done anything to fix it even though they said they'd look into it and fix it.

My guess is that anyone that didn't obtain the trophy prior to the last update won't be able to snag the plat because the developer is a jack@$$ and won't fix it.

Sorry to break the news to you, and to anyone that reads this.

My advice, grab the rest of the trophies (if you wish), delete the game, and never give that developer another dollar if they make another game in the future.

EDIT: If you haven't updated the game yet, DON'T! That might allow you to get the Dependency trophy.

Edited by xMissFantasy

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Unfortunately when I download the game from the ps store it automatically downloads version 1.02 which is the broken version and there is no way to downgrade.

I spoke to the main person behind the game shortly after I posted on here in October 2016. he told me they are working on a patch but Sony takes a while to authorise them, fingers crossed this will be fixed... one day.

• 4 weeks later...

I wrote an email to the developer in April of last year and he said he would look into it.

I am very doubtful that it will be fixed at all though just because it's coming on to a year since its been broken. But who knows right?

It would be nice if it does get patched and fixed though, for us who didn't know it was broken and have the patch installed.

On 12/5/2016 at 11:38 PM, BADBRAINS516 said:

I kept cancelling the update file and wound up unlocking this no problem. Hopefully this may help someone who had the game for a while and didn't get the trophy. I don't know how the hell it works. Just don't DL the update. Best advice I can give

I mentioned in a previous post to not download the update because it might end up popping that way but thanks for that confirmation.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 years later...
1 hour ago, JorgeSleep said:

Miraculously, a patch has appeared that supposedly fixes the "Dependency" trophy. It remains to be seen if the patch doesn't end up fucking up another trophy. lol

https://orbispatches.com/CUSA01413

Huh... I'll have to re-download and if after let's see... Six years of waiting, I can finally get the platinum. Only issues are: can't remember how to play and if I still have my save backed up from trying all those years ago.

Edit: Can confirm that the trophy pops after using one wisp dust. 

Edited by xMissFantasy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/07/2023 at 1:19 AM, Dark_Overlord said:

You can thank @Ancestral_Spirit and Premium Edition Games for the patch :)

I'll elaborate a little ?

So, Premium Edition games announced that they would be publishing physical copies for PS4 and Switch.

As much as I love physical copies of games, I wanted one that was fully patched and so sent Premium Edition a message asking if all the patches were going to be on disc and was there a new patch coming to fix the broken trophy.

They responded quite quickly asking basically 'what broken trophy?'.

I sent them links to PSNProfiles and briefly went over what the problem was and told them that people had pretty much been begging the dev for a patch for ages with no responses.

They told me they'd look into it and thanked me for letting them know and that they had no idea there was a problem with its current release.

Sure enough when Premium Edition put Rack N Ruin up for sale only the Switch version went up with no PS4 copy in sight.

Premium Edition have already stated before that they don't half arse their releases and everything has to be in full working order, including trophies and achievements, before they make physical copies.

Lo and behold, we now have a patch that fixes the game, so presumably Premium Edition got on the Devs case and told them 

No patch

No release

No pay

Looking forward to buying the physical now!

?

• Like 2