Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition *UPDATE*

the DLC also contains single player content. That is why it is till available

What kind of single player content?

Definitely, kicking enemies into spike, & guiding a sniper bullet into their heads in slow motion... I never got tired of that. relax2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286251

I remember first getting the game on day one (I still have the limited edition), but it was an impulse buy (that's rare for me), didn't have a clue what kind of game it was. xD

My personal favourite was charging the drill, shooting it into the stomach of a mini-boss, and kicking it to split them into 2 pieces :devil:. That felt so satisfying on Very Hard mode when they gave me trouble.

I got the game from PS+ and tried it out without really knowing anything about it either and it was a hidden gem. That's the only reason I grinded the mp trophies.

What kind of single player content?

The DLCs contained both Anarchy maps, which were multiplayer, and Echoes maps, which are single player.  I never bought the DLC myself, nor did I manage to finish the core MP trophies (if I had done, I'd have the platinum now, but oh well), but I did have a lot of fun with the game.  The cheesy dialogue and voice acting just added to the enjoyment, and the Skillshot system was good fun to work on. 

Did anyone else think that Hunt looked and sounded more than a little like Wolverine? :lol:

It was published by EA. If they don't make their money, they get pissy and turn shit off. That's just what they do. 

Can't remember the last time I bought a game from them... oh, no, wait, Unraveled was them, wasn't it. Other than that I think it must have been Mass Effect 3. I don't miss any of their "AAA" output. 

Someone's going to go through my list now and find like 10 games from EA that I have bought without realising it was them, and I'm going to have egg on my face. Oh well...

Edit: This remaster is apparently being published by Gearbox, so you can buy in confidence that the servers will be up for at least a little while longer than EA would keep them up for.

This is the only EA game on the major console services (PSN, XBL) that has been shut down in the last FIVE YEARS, it has nothing to do with it not making $$. This game is ONLY shut down because, on PSN, they used Gamespy to host the server. On XBL they didn't, so the game is still 100% functional on 360 and GFWL. I really wish they had migrated the servers back to EA, but that's where it was probably a $ thing- no point in moving it over.

EA gets shit all the time, but they don't just close down servers left and right. Again, except this, all EA games are playable online from the past 5 years,

• Like 1

The DLCs contained both Anarchy maps, which were multiplayer, and Echoes maps, which are single player.  I never bought the DLC myself, nor did I manage to finish the core MP trophies (if I had done, I'd have the platinum now, but oh well), but I did have a lot of fun with the game.  The cheesy dialogue and voice acting just added to the enjoyment, and the Skillshot system was good fun to work on. 

Did anyone else think that Hunt looked and sounded more than a little like Wolverine? :lol:

Ah ok, I thought Echo maps couldn't be done offline :hmm:.

Yeah that was intentional, because Steven Blum also voiced Wolverine in the Wolverine game.

all we need now is for someone to back up the online to the ps3 one of it so people can get ready for it along with trophy hunters getting their online done on it.

Very unlikely that this will ever happen.  But if it does, then yeah, I'll be jumping straight back into Anarchy mode to try and finish it.

I got the original from a friend after the servers had been shut down for a while. I didn't really mind because I was already caring less about trophies and I never cared about online multiplayer. I'd probably play the game again at some point regardless of new trophy list or not. Would not pay full price for it though.

This is the only EA game on the major console services (PSN, XBL) that has been shut down in the last FIVE YEARS, it has nothing to do with it not making $$. This game is ONLY shut down because, on PSN, they used Gamespy to host the server. On XBL they didn't, so the game is still 100% functional on 360 and GFWL. I really wish they had migrated the servers back to EA, but that's where it was probably a $ thing- no point in moving it over.

EA gets shit all the time, but they don't just close down servers left and right. Again, except this, all EA games are playable online from the past 5 years,

Huh. I stand corrected. For some reason, I thought that EA was in the habit of shutting servers for its annual series of sports games quite regularly. Looking deeper into it, I was thinking of games from other publishers. I'll edit my post to make that clear. Thanks. 

• Like 1

Huh. I stand corrected. For some reason, I thought that EA was in the habit of shutting servers for its annual series of sports games quite regularly. Looking deeper into it, I was thinking of games from other publishers. I'll edit my post to make that clear. Thanks. 

I believe NHL 10 has it's servers closed but newer ones have only EASHL and HUT closed I think.

I believe NHL 10 has it's servers closed but newer ones have only EASHL and HUT closed I think.

The EA Sports games released through 2010 have their servers down (So through the 2011 titles). Things like HUT, Ultimate Team, MUT, etct are all still fully functional. I know Fifa has a couple unobtainables because challenges or something were pulled, but the servers are still fine.

2K is the worst when it comes to sports server shutdowns.

I actually wouldn't mind if the remastered Bulletstorm has it's MP trophies. The MP for this game was fun as heck, and it was all co-op...not competitive. Most of it could be done solo, no need to play w others if you didn't want to (You needed others for the challenges, and it made some other stuff easier)

The EA Sports games released through 2010 have their servers down (So through the 2011 titles). Things like HUT, Ultimate Team, MUT, etct are all still fully functional. I know Fifa has a couple unobtainables because challenges or something were pulled, but the servers are still fine.

2K is the worst when it comes to sports server shutdowns.

I actually wouldn't mind if the remastered Bulletstorm has it's MP trophies. The MP for this game was fun as heck, and it was all co-op...not competitive. Most of it could be done solo, no need to play w others if you didn't want to (You needed others for the challenges, and it made some other stuff easier)

Oh yeah the whole NBA 2K13 thing.  

While I certainly agree with you regarding continuing to sell the game when a portion of it is no longer playable, there was quite a bit of advanced warning regarding the server shutdowns, and I believe they actually stayed up past the original shut down date.

As a general rule of thumb, if you are buying an old game with MP, it behooves you to research the online status before purchasing.

This game was ok, the SP was fun, but not spectacular. I can't see myself wanting to play it again, but it would be worth a look for those who haven't experienced it.

I always do, especially now as I've had to rush through games to finish online trophies to not be locked out.  When I bought this game, I bought 3 others at the same time, all for $5 on a special deal at Best Buy years ago.  I looked up the trophy list for all the games, including this one, as well as the list of games with server closures on .org, and this game was not listed at that time.  I went to Best Buy, made my purchases, came home and kept living my life.  A week or so later I was about to pop this one in, but when I loaded the trophy guide it suddenly had an edit that the servers were closed.

While you're correct that people should research, that level of research shouldn't have to be so in-depth that they must scour the internet to find some mention of a server closure.  Usually .org is really good about editing their trophy guides and server closure lists as soon as the info is available.  Perhaps this time it was on them, as you say there was 'quite a bit' of notice.  From what I could find doing searches right now it looks like the server closure announcement was confusing and that servers were assumed to be going down 3 weeks after the announcement, but that they ended up being extended 1 month longer before closing.  Either way, server closures are still shitty, and especially so in this case considering other devs avoided the gamespy shutdown and even brought online play back years later (Borderlands).  If they want to do that for this game, then after I platinum it I will take more of an interest in the PS4 version.

Never played Bulletstorm myself, is it worth the grab? Though from what I'm seeing on this thread it is, a lot of you seem to really like it. Can this game be compared to Borderlands at all? Because I saw Gearbox is developing the remaster and I was like "ooh yassss!". Gearbox and Borderlands as a series is definitely a top 10 favorite of mine, so good! Anyway, still unsure of what to expect of this or whether or not I will pick it up. I hope it's good!

Never played Bulletstorm myself, is it worth the grab? Though from what I'm seeing on this thread it is, a lot of you seem to really like it. Can this game be compared to Borderlands at all? Because I saw Gearbox is developing the remaster and I was like "ooh yassss!". Gearbox and Borderlands as a series is definitely a top 10 favorite of mine, so good! Anyway, still unsure of what to expect of this or whether or not I will pick it up. I hope it's good!

Bulletstorm is what Borderlands would be like if Gearbox had had the idea "You know what's great? Having actual characters and dialogue!"

Sure it's more linear as well but the two are quite alike in a few ways, mostly with over the top action in a wasteland on an alien planet.

Bulletstorm is what Borderlands would be like if Gearbox had had the idea "You know what's great? Having actual characters and dialogue!"

Sure it's more linear as well but the two are quite alike in a few ways, mostly with over the top action in a wasteland on an alien planet.

That genuinely sounds like a fun time. May give it a shot.

It definitely was a fun time for as long as it lasted, I played it last year (servers closed two years ago) and it did not feel dated, like Bioshock or Morrowind or the likes feel.

Definitely feel you on those type of games, has the release date for this been announced yet?