Adventure Time Ending After Season 9

Parker

Oh my glob. Pendleton Ward's Adventure Time is set to end in 2018, following the finale of its ninth season.

Deadline reports that the consistently weird, occasionally heartbreaking travels of Finn and Jake will come to a close in approximately two years - although we have a fair few new episodes, miniseries and movie to come before then.

Adventure Time was a passion project for the people on the crew who poured their heart into the art and stories," said Pendleton Ward in a statement. "We tried to put into every episode something genuine and telling from our lives, and make a show that was personal to us, and that had jokes too! I’m really happy that it connected with an audience for so long. It’s a special thing, I think.”

It's unclear whether the decision was Ward's, Cartoon Network's, or a mutual agreement.

If you want a marker for just how important Adventure Time has become, just look at what it's spawned, from video games to LEGO sets, even becoming a Simpsons couch gag opener.

We also named it 15th best animated show for adults of all time, calling it a "wonderful, whimsical delight" where "part of it feels like a dream, the rest a nightmare."

Source: IGN

What a shame, I really enjoy the show and for me personally it hasn't dropped in quality like so many cartoons seem so to do. At least we'll be getting quite a bit more content before it ends and I hope they give the series a proper send off like Matt Groening did with Futurama. 

Parker

• Like 3

Smh honestly, its cartoon network there probably like we don't want this we want to move on to shitty shows like uncle grandpa so wrap up your shit and move along.

I swear if the rumor that steven universe is ending in 2 seasons whats the point of even watching cartoon network anymore ? 

Because of teen titans go .... Ha ok then

Shame, I never watched it episode for episode, but my sister, niece and nephews were always showing me stuff. I appreciate it actually being animated like a classic cartoon rather than computer 3D, and love the little random things that happen in the world. :P

9 seasons is a good run. Some shows keep their dignity and go out on top. Others hobble along for a couple decades repeating the same jokes until someone musters up the courage to be the one that kills it for its own good.

I agree with this, sometimes it's better to go out on top. There are a number of cartoons from the past that I wouldn't want a new version of and some that have already been ruined. (*cough* Powerpuff Girls *cough*)

If it's for creative reasons that it's ending, ie; they want to end it. Then I'm okay with it. As much as I miss Gravity Falls, for example, I'm glad it ended the way the creator wanted it to instead of being dragged along just because it was popular enough to drag it along.

man, this is sad news, but hopefully it finishes on a good ending, oh well will still have Regular show and Gumball :D

Regular Show is also ending as well, it's ending next year I think. :/ It's next season will be its last.

Anyways, I did like watching Adventure Time but it's probably better than having it becoming stale and boring.

Regular Show is also ending as well, it's ending next year I think. :/ It's next season will be its last.

Anyways, I did like watching Adventure Time but it's probably better than having it becoming stale and boring.

regular show ending :o:(