Is it bad that I want to buy this game for just one trophy?

TUSMBOX

So, every once in a while, I look at my trophy list, and I'm reminded of how close I was to getting the Plat for this game. It's an online trophy, Raccoon City Incident. I really don't know why I let this one slip through. I'm asking around to see if any of my friends own it, but if not, I may let my OCD get the best of me and buy it. It's not too much, it'll only be like 10-15 bucks, but I'd solely be buying it for this one trophy. I doubt I'd play it again. 

So, every once in a while, I look at my trophy list, and I'm reminded of how close I was to getting the Plat for this game. It's an online trophy, Raccoon City Incident. I really don't know why I let this one slip through. I'm asking around to see if any of my friends own it, but if not, I may let my OCD get the best of me and buy it. It's not too much, it'll only be like 10-15 bucks, but I'd solely be buying it for this one trophy. I doubt I'd play it again. 

Technically, you'd be buying it for TWO trophies. So then it's worth it!

• Like 2

The only person that can honestly answer that question is you. Is the lack of that one trophy causing you more than $10-15 worth of annoyance? If so, go for it. 

As it's an online trophy, you might want to check if the game still has an active player community and/or arrange someone to play it with you before you drop the cash on it. 

As I suspect you wanted other people's opinion on whether you're being a bit vain about your profile, etc, I'll add that, personally, I don't think I'd buy a game again for just 1 trophy. I'd rather spend the cash on a game that I haven't played before. But whatever floats your boat dude. 

Yeah, I was thinking about selling it afterwards so it wouldn't be a total loss. I was hoping I could get it for closer to $5, that would've been an almost definite for me, but whatevs. Most of my friends had a copy, so I'm hoping they just held onto it for all these years.

Anyway, this is just something that's been in the back of my mind for a while, but I appreciate the responses.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...