Tips fo Air Hockey?

FlareZero

I really struggled with this on my first try. The problem with this game is that it's really luck based depending on where the puck goes. I basically had to mash the screen over and over until I finally was able to win against Shin. Be aggressive with your finger and you should be able to win eventually.

Also try to keep the puck in the center of the table just so you don't accidentally hit it into your goal (which I did many times)

Edited by HeavensLightfire

Interesting. I have no problem with any of them. In fact, they weren't even able to score against me once. I am not trying to sound like cocky please don't get me wrong.
I was extremely aggressive, always tried to hit the hockey and tried to send it different parts. Try that and hopefully it will work for you or practice is actually outside :P
Airhockey is pretty fun with a friend.

• Like 1

Interesting. I have no problem with any of them. In fact, they weren't even able to score against me once. I am not trying to sound like cocky please don't get me wrong.

I was extremely aggressive, always tried to hit the hockey and tried to send it different parts. Try that and hopefully it will work for you or practice is actually outside :P

Airhockey is pretty fun with a friend.

24fwz29.gif

Well, this is make me more angry with my bad luck ......, oh well, I quit for today.., I will try again tomorrow......

....errr.. uhmmm.. this is kinda awkward... I read this thread and tried it for the first time.. and uhmmm... I kinda beat the guys on my first try...I guess I was lucky?

What I just did in stay most of the time in the middle of the field and be aggressive as hard as I could... good luck to you.

I never had a problem with this mini-game but then I'm pretty good at the game irl.  I did them all without any retries and I believe only one scored against me once.

There is no RNG/luck to it though, it all depends how you and them hit the puck and how much you concentrating on where it's going for.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 1

I played this like it was Pong. So I stayed at the goal and moved back and forth to block the puck. I only shot forward when I had a good shot, so I wouldn't end up too far forwards and unable to defend the goal.

The problem with being more aggressive is if you fail to score, you often end up in a bad place for defence. It's not a problem if you're great at scoring, but I wasn't that amazing. Being defensive meant I could block all their goals, so it didn't matter if it took me a bit longer to score.

• 3 weeks later...

Beat them all in one attempt. My personal tip is hit the puck close enough on their side so it bounces and goes into their goal or a point behind them that if they'll hit it, it'll go in. Literally all my goals consisted of either the puck bouncing off the wall into the goal or the puck going behind them and the AI just knocking it in.

I also have a thing for air hockey irl so \o/ All my games were really fast paced when it came to the pucks movement. :P

Edited by DuckSwimmer