Online features ending on January 1 2017

POEman553

Answering your questions through 'color' coding: 

The game can still be played in offline mode provided you have not removed it from your Vita system. But any gold accumulated cannot be spent.

Is it possible to earn a 100% on the game prior to the shutdown or even offline?

Will the game no longer be in the store for the free 'purchase'?

Took me a few days to 100% it and it was mostly done on University, so yes. Only thing I remember getting from being online were online bonuses (not much) and a special roulette on challenge maps (not really worth it). You can quickly 100% it if you want to, but focus on grinding 555 match 5 before anything else, because there is all the diamond grinding you will ever need. If enemies are too tough for you atm, go to stage 3 for a while and then try again when you level up. Focus on leveling up the bomber, completely ignore the knight.

PS3 too?

This game is vita only, but I assume you are talking about the normal Fat Princess for PS3. I doubt that one is going to get shutdown, it was P2P if what my friend said was true.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 3

Is there a list out there somewhere that states which games will get online server closures?

I'm hoping it won't be any games on my profile.

PS4 http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/40271-list-of-ps4s-unobtainable-trophies/

PS3 http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/40304-list-of-ps3s-unobtainable-trophies/

PSV http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/40273-list-of-ps-vitas-unobtainable-trophies/

They're all pinned in the PSN subforum.

They're starting to fall of quickly now. A bunch of games' servers got dropped in late August, now late September saw another wave. I've heard a lot of rumors that supposedly 2017 is going to see A LOT of PS3 and PS Vita games get servers closed. Time to hit up that multiplayer asap

Which games have you been hearing that will be getting shut down in 2017?

Mostly PS3 titles it seems. Older EA games have garnered the most attention. Some names of specific games that I've heard pop up often are the Army of Two franchise, Aliens vs Predator, Bioshock 2, Medal of Honor, Rage and the Red Faction games are all ones that I've heard names thrown around that I've been keeping an eye on since I own them. I did hear once or twice that a couple people thought Dead Space 2, God of War: Ascension, the PS3 Killzone games might be coming to an end, though I've only heard those once or twice, whereas the others seem to pop up more. I've heard a couple JRPG titles (can't remember the names, sorry. Not a fan of JRPGs so I didn't pay much attention) on the Vita, as well as some AAA and indie titles for the Vita getting some features removed but not the entire online. Haven't heard much of WiiU or 3DS games, but their online is kinda different, so idk. 

Again, the titles I listed have just been what I've heard from rumors, but when you think about it, they kinda make sense logically. Not many players are on them anymore or a game wasn't well received or there's too many other games after it that need the server space, etc. 

personally, I don't care. free2play garbage is always garbage.
but, I hate shutdowns, I mean, it's like they are getting rid of any trace of the PS Vita like it was some big mistake, which was clearly not.
BECAUSE I'M THE ONE WHO SAYS IT.

#ripperoni

And nothing of great value has been lost.

@BIOHAZARD-R-US: if you don't post actual sources it'll be just gossip talk aka BS. Nothing is getting shut down until it gets official announcements. The titles you posted received no announcements.

Edited by Lance_87

• 2 weeks later...

@BIOHAZARD-R-US: if you don't post actual sources it'll be just gossip talk aka BS. Nothing is getting shut down until it gets official announcements. The titles you posted received no announcements.

Hence why I said they were just rumors that I've heard floating around on Facebook, Youtube comments and gaming/gaming review websites. I know the titles I listed received no announcements, but they are all titles that have popped up more than a few times in the rumor mill, so I figured they'd be worth mentioning. 

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

I Think Sony closes now the servers because anyone at the moment can't connect online at the game i try in this days and it's impossible to connect for win the Day Bonus...I want to finished the game but now i think its impossible without the Bonus Day because the coins....I Think from today its now one week when the people can't connect on this game online....

Edited by Devil_Max

7 hours ago, Devil_Max said:

Hi everyone!

I Think Sony closes now the servers because anyone at the moment can't connect online at the game i try in this days and it's impossible to connect for win the Day Bonus...I want to finished the game but now i think its impossible without the Bonus Day because the coins....I Think from today its now one week when the people can't connect on this game online....

You can still finish the game, just like I am doing it. Without the daily bonus it just takes more time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:34 AM, Devil_Max said:

Hi everyone!

I suspect so too. I started playing the game a couple of weeks ago but have not been able to connect to the servers since the first day I began playing.

• 3 months later...

So I just downloaded this and started playing...am I locked out of getting 'Superhero' due to servers being offline? Everything else seems doable without online features but how else will I get power ups? I'm not a total 100%er, however, I find it annoying to be locked out of one thing when all original guides say "all obtainable offline"

edit: nevermind :o

Edited by GunfighterHefty
stupidity