Blue Ribbon Champ Glitch

TheRealImpact

I got the "Blue Ribbon Champ" Trophy in the Burial at Sea - Episode 2 DLC

And now i wanted to ask: is this glitch already known?

My point of departure:

Platnium Trophy

100 % in Burail at Sea - Episode 1

"Blue Ribbon Champ" was the only Trophy left in Clash in the Clouds.

Then I played the Burail at Sea - Episode 2 DLC in 1998 Mode and collected all trophys in 1 playthough.

In the end of the DLC i got 3 trophys "Paid in Full", "Taffer`s Delight" and "Blue Ribbon Champ"

Now I am a little confused why I got "Blue Ribbon Champ"

P.S.; I`m sorry for my bad english and i hope you can understand me.

• Like 4

I can confirm that this works, but I can't confirm how. Happened to both me and my brother on separate PSNs but on the same PS4. I think if you want to attempt this glitch your best bet is to earn all other trophies in Clash of the Clouds except Blue Ribbon Champ, then move on to finishing off all Burial at Sea related trophies (both episode 1 and 2) and just hope it pops. If it doesn't, unfortunately you will need to finish off the rest of the Blue Ribbons.

That's kinda what sucks about these type of glitches; luck plays a big factor in them.

I can confirm that this works, but I can't confirm how. Happened to both me and my brother on separate PSNs but on the same PS4. I think if you want to attempt this glitch your best bet is to earn all other trophies in Clash of the Clouds except Blue Ribbon Champ, then move on to finishing off all Burial at Sea related trophies (both episode 1 and 2) and just hope it pops. If it doesn't, unfortunately you will need to finish off the rest of the Blue Ribbons.

That's kinda what sucks about these type of glitches; luck plays a big factor in them.

Is this how you both got it? Just trying to get it to work when i try it, since not a huge fan of this CtC dlc..

Is this how you both got it? Just trying to get it to work when i try it, since not a huge fan of this CtC dlc..

In case this glitch doesn't work for you or anyone else, it appears that the glitch from the PS3 version in which you can earn the same ribbon(s) multiple times also works in the PS4 version according to this post.

• Like 2

Can confirm the blue ribbon glitch works. Make sure to delete your profile save but DO NOT DELETE the auto save. Once you restart the game and earn blue ribbons the counter will recognize your progress from the auto save. You will receive an update every five medals (i.e. 45/60, 50/60).

Edited by IngloriousMia

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can confirm this does work. Order I did the game:

Main game with Plat.

CtC with all trophies except blue ribbon.

Burial 1- all trophies in one playthrough

Burial 2- all trophies in one playthrough

I dont know if it matters how many blue ribbons you get while you are just playing through the arenas, I think I had 15 or so.

Anyway, Blue Ribbon trophy popped at the end of Burial 2 just like TheRealImpact said.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It also worked for me. My twisted Order:

Main game (without plat)

CtC with all trophies except blue ribbon

Burial 1 - all trophies in one playthrough

Main game in 1997 mode to achieve platinum

Burial 2 - all trophies in one playthrough

Got 100 %

• 2 weeks later...

This worked for me too.

Platinum on the Main Game.

All trophies except for one in Clash in the Clouds

100% Burial at Sea - Episode 1

Attempted Burial at Sea - Episode 2 in one sitting but crashed rite near the end. I thought I was going to loose out on the trophy but even thou I had restarted the game, it popped along with completing the episode in 1998 mode.

Edited by BoxerJack

So now that I've finally played and finished the PS4 version, I had a similar glitch, but the order wasn't the same:

1. Platted the main game
  2. 100% on Burial at Sea: Episode 1
  3. 100% on Burial at Sea: Episode 2
  4. Got every trophy in Clash in the Clouds except for Blue Ribbon Champ

Blue Ribbon Champ ended up popping immediately after my second-to-last trophy (which was Missile Defense System). It looks like it pops immediately after the second-to-last trophy you get in BioShock Infinite, regardless of what DLC you play last. :dunno:

Edited by cr1s
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

Also worked for me.  Just wanted to mention that it is not a requirement to complete either Burial 1 or Burial 2 in a single playthrough for the glitch to happen.

Platinum main game

CtC all trophies except for Blue Ribbon

Burial 1 all trophies (over two days)

Burial 2 all trophies (over about a week)

Last three trophies were Paid in Full then Taffers delight then Blue Ribbon Champ

• 5 months later...

Worked for me on PS4 Collection

Platinum main game (with some decent clean up)

CitC all except Blue Ribbon challenges

Burial 1 all (decent clean up required)

Burial 2 all (missed one trophy)

Blue ribbon unlocked when I unlocked Glutton for Punishment (which is actually super easy to farm in 1998 mode) Looks like they don't have to all be unlocked in one playthrough. I'm curious about alternating between dlcs, though.

Now I have 100% Bioshock 1, 2, and Infinite

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/7/2018 at 10:30 PM, mackenzie129 said:

I beat the last area and the Trophy randomly popped like both Blue ribbon and Hand of the profet popped at once anyone else?

It looks like those were the last two trophies you needed for the 100%.  I just had Glutton for Punishment pop at the end of my Burial at Sea Episode 2 playthrough even though I hadn't quite gotten it yet (I was at 15 or 16 out of 20).  It was the last trophy I needed for the 100% and was planning on cleaning it up right after.

I strongly suspect the game will just pop the last trophy you need after you earn the 2nd to last one regardless of what it is.  Of course this is most useful with the Blue Ribbon Champ trophy, since that's the most annoying one.

So is it safe to say that it could glitch and auto-pop as the final trophy for the 100%? Other than Blue Ribbon Champ trophy, I still have three trophies (hard mode plus the two 1999-related) which will give me the plat. In theory, if I were to get the plat now, then Blue Ribbon Champ should pop as well? Anyone else did their playthrough with the plat being the "last trophy?"

Edited by i-kicked-a-brit

1 hour ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

So is it safe to say that it could glitch and auto-pop as the final trophy for the 100%? Other than Blue Ribbon Champ trophy, I still have three trophies (hard mode plus the two 1999-related) which will give me the plat. In theory, if I were to get the plat now, then Blue Ribbon Champ should pop as well? Anyone else did their playthrough with the plat being the "last trophy?"

Unfortunately for you, It looks like it doesn't work if the platinum is the 2nd to last trophy.  For example: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5285-bioshock-infinite/RaptureIsRising?order=date

Looking at the leaderboard on this site, there's just 16 people that lack one trophy in this game (14 need Blue Ribbon Champ and 2 need Taffer's Delight) and all 16 have the platinum as their last earned trophy.

Wish I knew about this when I platinumed/100% both version on my main! I will definitely be trying that out on this one (Which will act as my main). My name "vigors" comes from this game after all haha. I was lucky enough in my opinion to snag the PSN name "Vigors_"

Edited by Vigors_