Blue Ribbon Champ Glitch

TheRealImpact

• 3 months later...
On 5/16/2018 at 8:11 AM, i-kicked-a-brit said:

So is it safe to say that it could glitch and auto-pop as the final trophy for the 100%? Other than Blue Ribbon Champ trophy, I still have three trophies (hard mode plus the two 1999-related) which will give me the plat. In theory, if I were to get the plat now, then Blue Ribbon Champ should pop as well? Anyone else did their playthrough with the plat being the "last trophy?"

So I just went back to plat the main game. Sadly, Blue Ribbon Champ did not pop. So if you're going for the 100%, make sure to do the order as everyone mentioned previously (Main game plat, CitC - all trophies but Blue Ribbon Champ - Burial At Sea Ep. 1 and 2).

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I can confirm it also worked for me.

1. Platinumed main game

2. Got all Clash in the Clouds trophies except for Blue Ribbon Champ

3. 100%'ed Burial at Sea episode 1 and 2

4. Blue Ribbon Champ popped when I got my last trophy in Burial at Sea episode 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2019 at 11:46 PM, Asimb0mb said:

1. Platinumed main game

4. Blue Ribbon Champ popped when I got my last trophy in Burial at Sea episode 2

This is extremely handy, thank you. I did the entire trilogy 100% on Xbox One around 3 years ago, and it doesn't have such exploit... so I did it all legit.

BioShock is in my top 5 of all time, and BioShock Infinite IS my favourite game of all time, so I'm tempted to go back and do those 2 on PS4 this summer. The thought of having to do Blue Ribbon Champ legit again was putting me off; as rewarding as it was to do it once, I'm glad it still works so I can avoid the hardest trophy in the game! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The same thing happened to me but in  a different order 

- Plat main game 

- 100% Burial at Sea: Episode 1

- 100% Burial at Sea: Episode 2

And the only two trophies I needed in CitC was The Ol' One-Two and Blue Ribbon Champ, when The Ol' One-Two popped Blue Ribbon Champ popped right after but the timestamps show Blue Ribbon Champ popping first and The Ol' One-Two popping 0 seconds afterward which is rather jarring to look at, looked through the leaderboards and couldn't find anyone else with the same problem, I did have my internet off on my PS4 while they popped so that could have had something to do with it but I doubt it.

Edited by CeetooSTK

• 5 months later...

Will the glitch/exploit work in this order?

1. Platinuming the main game
2. Obtaining all trophies in Clash in the Clouds, except the Blue Ribbon trophy
3. Obtaining all trophies in Burial at Sea Episode 1 in a single playthrough
4. Obtaining all trophies in Burial at Sea Episode 2, except the 1998 Mode trophy
5. Obtaining 1998 Mode trophy in Burial at Sea Episode 2

Has anyone tried in this order? Thanks. :)

On 9/6/2019 at 1:46 AM, Asimb0mb said:

1. Platinumed main game

I can confirm this works and I got the Blue Ribbon Champ trophy right after Taffer's Delight.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. This trophy is so bugged! ?

I started today with 3 missing trophies for 100%. So I got Sergeant-at-Arms first, then minutes later, after 3 tries I got Missile Defense System and immediately I press the PS button to see the trophies list and for some weird reason Blue Ribbon Champ poppep too. I was thinking WTF happend... This trophy has serious problems. ?

It like a Platinum for the DLC trophies. If you got the other 29 trophies first, then you automatically get Blue Ribbon Champ for some reason.

Edited by MyLastRide

• 2 weeks later...

Tested on two different accounts and I can confirm that Blue Ribbon Champ :silver: will only pop IF the last trophy prior to unlocking it IS NOT Platinum Columbia :platinum: Which means the advised fool proof order of completion, should anyone wish to glitch this trophy is the following:

- Platinum the main game and unlock Platinum Columbia :platinum:

- Complete all Clash in the Clouds trophies, except Blue Ribbon Champ :silver:

- 100% Burial at Sea Episode 1

- 100% Burial at Sea Episode 2

Upon unlocking the last trophy in Burial at Sea Episode 2 (which might be Taffer's Delight :silver: if doing 100% in 1 play-through), Blue Ribbon Champ :silver: will unlock straight after.

TL;DR

It does not matter what your second to last trophy is, so long as it is not Platinum Columbia :platinum: 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I updated the game as I was having trouble with crashes in the last room but had the same reservations about it maybe patching the glitch but it worked just fine for me! I got sergeant at arms which was my second last trophy and blue ribbon champ just auto popped right after :) 

• Like 4

Just curious about this since I'm currently going for Blue Ribbon Champ (and driving myself mad in the process)...

Does anyone know if this will work if I've already got platinum in the main campaign and all the achievements in Burial at Sea? I left all the Clash in the Clouds achievements until after I got 100% on everything else and now I'm very worried this glitch won't work for me! 

Any replies very appreciated! 

10 minutes ago, phroobin said:

Just curious about this since I'm currently going for Blue Ribbon Champ (and driving myself mad in the process)...

Does anyone know if this will work if I've already got platinum in the main campaign and all the achievements in Burial at Sea? I left all the Clash in the Clouds achievements until after I got 100% on everything else and now I'm very worried this glitch won't work for me! 

If you already have Burial at Sea 1 & 2 at 100%, then that particular exploit won't work but it doesn't lock you out of the other exploit where you save file scum to redo the same handful of challenges over and over until the trophy pops :) .

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

29 minutes ago, phroobin said:

Read the post from 21may 2017

It worked for him so you are safe

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TrueMrBubbles said:

Read the post from 21may 2017

It worked for him so you are safe

Thank you! I read through the rest of the thread and apparently missed that one comment! 

All I've gotta get is Sergeant-At-Arms now, so fingers crossed the glitch does work so I can finally stop driving myself mad with these blue ribbons!

Update: just completed Sergeant-At-Arms and Blue Ribbon Champ popped! Bless this thread.

Edited by phroobin
update
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed that this still works. I platinumed the base game, did CiTC leaving only the Blue Ribbon challenge trophy, did Burial at Sea 1 and then 2 and Blue Ribbon Champ popped along with Taffer's Delight as my last two trophies.

Edited by sNaKe_RSA

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!!! 

Just to confirm up to this day this still work, and I can confirm it worked on the latest updated version 1.02. I have the collection on disc, but I updated before starting the hunting on this game, so for all of you worried about if it worked on the updated version as me, go ahead and enjoy the ride.

Just to confirm, I did the entire base game trophies first, included 1999, then all the clash of clouds trophies except the ribbon one, and then completed Burial 1 and then 2 and it popped up, just after the finishing the story in 1998 mode.

Cheers, and happy hunting!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...