PSVR FAQ

tnaires

I'm really just waiting for this thing to die, they have a launch library for it.. but I'm going to treat it a bit like motion gaming from last generation, they aren't going to continue making good games for it.

My thoughts exactly, I'm just wondering how long the fad will last. hehe-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862507

I don't know about you guys, but I'm more concerned about the PSVR health warnings.

Wow, Sony is really covering their asses so they don't get sued. :P seriously though, hilarious. I wouldn't have bolded it though, just to see how many people would've noticed it. xD

Wow, Sony is really covering their asses so they don't get sued. :P seriously though, hilarious. I wouldn't have bolded it though, just to see how many people would've noticed it. xD

Haha, I'm glad you liked it. Not bad for a rush job. xD Considering someone already thought it was legit when it was in bold, I really do wonder how many people would of got the joke had I made it blend in. I mean VR is a strange thing. Who knows what to believe anymore? :P

All I want to do with this thing is go on virtual holidays, I'm positive I'd puke playing games with it.

If you already think that beforehand then I will recommend you to not play Driveclub, where I tried it out everybody (including myself) got sick from just that one title. How We Soar should be fine, your "character" is sitting down in that game and you remain relatively upright and at low speeds.

When i played Far point on PSVR i was standing up in the booth and i really felt myself swaying to the point where i was a little unstable on my feet and i had to adjust my stance by opening my legs more.

It was only really initially that this happened and i was mostly fine afterwards but being in VR really messes with your head, it is very disorientating which is not a criticism it just takes a few minutes to get used to things and how they look and feel, it really is like nothing else and is very difficult to explain.

My reccomendation would absolutley be for people who first play to try it seated for this reason, i think some people might actually fall over playing PSVR until they adjust fully to it.

Great to hear from peeps with early experience, I'm hoping it's not just another add on that ends up in pawn shops. I haven't seen anything about it here in Australia, Maybe in Osaka later this month I might be able try it out as it should have launched by then.

I do keep reading people saying it will be a fad, it will end up like the Vita, or like Kinect etc etc and to be honest with you i bet none of those people have actaully even tried PSVR.

When i had the headset put onto my head i instantly felt 'in a game world' i was not playing a game i WAS the game, it was playing me, it is very difficult to explain.

I played a game (Far point) that i would never look at in normal situations, i would never want to play a FPS on a dusty planet shooting giant spiders but as soon as i was in VR i actually felt like i was there shooting those spiders and my brain was wanting to shoot them cos they were running right for me and jumping at me... i think my survival instinct kicked in and it reacted in a way that no video game could ever have made me feel before, i didnt want to shoot those spiders, i had to, so it felt.

Now this was just that game, what about all the other endless possibilities... VR can take us anywhere, doing anything and it will honestly blow your mind when you try it.

Let us of course not forget that all PS4 games will be playable on PSVR via the headset in cinema mode which effectively is like strapping a 220 inch TV to your head where you can see nothing else except for the game that you are playing, no distractions, nothing, just the game... I am really looking forward to this myself.

PS: It launches in just 9 days time so you will be able to try it for sure on your next trip.

Edited by JapanimeGamer
  • Like 1

When i played Far point on PSVR i was standing up in the booth and i really felt myself swaying to the point where i was a little unstable on my feet and i had to adjust my stance by opening my legs more.

It was only really initially that this happened and i was mostly fine afterwards but being in VR really messes with your head, it is very disorientating which is not a criticism it just takes a few minutes to get used to things and how they look and feel, it really is like nothing else and is very difficult to explain.

My reccomendation would absolutley be for people who first play to try it seated for this reason, i think some people might actually fall over playing PSVR until they adjust fully to it.

I was standing on the Batlevator going down into the Batcave, at one point I realised I was leaning on one foot to be able to look farther down, like I normally do with a real chasm... I also noticed with How We Soar that I was leaning left and right together with the bird. Have not done that with a game since the first few times I held a controller in my hand, as a little kid...

At the PSVR event where I tried a bunch of stuff, they made you sit through a PSVR Worlds underwater demo first so you could get a bit accustomed to everything.

I do keep reading people saying it will be a fad, it will end up like the Vita, or like Kinect etc etc and to be honest with you i bet none of those people have actaully even tried PSVR.

When i had the headset put onto my head i instantly felt 'in a game world' i was not playing a game i WAS the game, it was playing me, it is very difficult to explain.

I played a game (Far point) that i would never look at in normal situations, i would never want to play a FPS on a dusty planet shooting giant spiders but as soon as i was in VR i actually felt like i was there shooting those spiders and my brain was wanting to shoot them cos they were running right for me and jumping at me... i think my survival instinct kicked in and it reacted in a way that no video game could ever have made me feel before, i didnt want to shoot those spiders, i had to, so it felt.

Now this was just that game, what about all the other endless possibilities... VR can take us anywhere, doing anything and it will honestly blow your mind when you try it.

PS: It launches in just 9 days time so you will be able to try it for sure on your next trip.

Shit, only one week left to figure out if I follow through on my pre-order or if I chicken out...

I think VR will probably be a sidetrack for gaming, it will not (in the near future) be the main gaming experience, and as such people only looking for full AAA games will not find enough of their liking on there. I think it's more than a "fad" though, it's so different from simply having move controls or a new handheld... I also think that Sony is a company that learns from mistakes (albeit slowly, like most large companies), and they seemed to have learned from the Move in that there's already been more games with VR support announced than Move has at this moment.

You have one week to make the decision my friend.

PSVR is no gimic, it is not just for small sections of games, it is not something that when you are playing a game a warning will flash on screen saying 'Put on your headset now to witness big monsters' it is far far more than that, (PS)VR will change how we game for ever, initially we are seeing some relatively small 'experiences' which is to be expected as companies rush out games to cash in on the new hardware.

I would love a WWII game where you have to beach land at Omaha... the whole thing just like in Saving Private Ryan,  I think that sort of thing in VR would be absolutely nuts, and it will probably come eventually with 1000 other mind blowing situations that will leave the gamer completely breathless and never wanting to play on a normal TV screen ever again.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

You have one week to make the decision my friend.

PSVR is no gimic, it is not just for small sections of games, it is not something that when you are playing a game a warning will flash on screen saying 'Put on your headset now to witness big monsters' it is far far more than that, (PS)VR will change how we game for ever, initially we are seeing some relatively small 'experiences' which is to be expected as companies rush out games to cash in on the new hardware.

I would love a WWII game where you have to beach land at Omaha... the whole thing just like in Saving Private Ryan,  I think that sort of thing in VR would be absolutely nuts, and it will probably come eventually with 1000 other mind blowing situations that will leave the gamer completely breathless and never wanting to play on a normal TV screen ever again.

I'm heavily inclined towards "get it already" for multiple reasons I mentioned on different threads.

Well, PSVR can be a gimmick in certain hands. The Batman demo is one big gimmick, for instance. A very enjoyable one at that, but gimmick nontheless.

I agree that that will be the minority of games though, there's so much awesome already being released...

A big budget Dogfighting game is some time away but until that moment, War Thunder (FTP) is apparently getting free VR DLC...

All I hope is that X-Wing mission sells well so we get a full VR Rogue Squadron, and that we get a well done Jurassic Park Tours.

It's just us 'trusting' game companies =D 

In the end, we are just players, we will never know what happens in the big guys' heads.

It's always better to expect the worst outcome.