Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag coming west - MOBILE GAME

Satoshi Ookami

Bring it to Vita, and then we'll talk. I don't know how anyone can stand controlling an entire game with just the touchscreen... or without trophies. :awesome:

Lolol :lol:, I agree it would be so much better if this game came to the Vita and had trophies. Playing pokemon on the DS just isn't the same without trophies :lol:.

• Like 1

Lolol :lol:, I agree it would be so much better if this game came to the Vita and had trophies. Playing pokemon on the DS just isn't the same without trophies :lol:.

Everything is better on Vita. ;)

This is why Nintendo should give up on making hardware and just create games for other platforms. Then we can enjoy their games on a whole new level. With trophies! :D

Goooood. ;) I'll be rooting for the NX... to fail. :P

It will. There is literally no info about it, apart from newest Zelda, we have no games confirmed for it...

Like... more than hiding info, it looks like NInty has problems with launching it.

I just hope they continue making proper console games instead of doubling down on mobile games. A fate worse than death. :|

Unfortunately, it's what brought them the biggest profit since... maybe when Iwata was still in this realm?

It will. There is literally no info about it, apart from newest Zelda, we have no games confirmed for it...

Like... more than hiding info, it looks like NInty has problems with launching it.

This brings me back to when the Wii U was first revealed and people had no idea what it even was. They couldn't even explain how it was a new console and not a peripheral for the Wii. Nintendo aren't the best at console launches... :P

Like when is this thing supposed to come out exactly? I thought it was early next year. I could be wrong. Still, you'd think they would tell us a bit more about it by now. We've had rumour upon rumour, but still nothing official.

Unfortunately, it's what brought them the biggest profit since... maybe when Iwata was still in this realm?

I mean it does make the most sense for them considering the Wii's success was because of its appeal to the casual gamer. Those people are now playing games on their phones and such, so making mobile games would be the next logical step. Nintendo have never been good at making decisions though, so I'm hoping that trend continues here. :P Seeing Miyamoto on stage at Apple's conference revealing a Mario infinite runner game doesn't give me much confidence though. :|

Edited by Undead Wolf

This brings me back to when the Wii U was first revealed and people had no idea what it even was. They couldn't even explain how it was a new console and not a peripheral for the Wii. Nintendo aren't the best at console launches... :P

Like when is this thing supposed to come out exactly? I thought it was early next year. I could be wrong. Still, you'd think they would tell us a bit more about it by now. We've had rumour upon rumour, but still nothing official.

Apparently in 2017... well... I wouldn't be surprised if it actually got a stealth launch and Ninty would be like 'Hey, we already released it!' and everyone be like 'wut?' =D

Seeing Miyamoto on stage at Apple's conference revealing a Mario infinite runner game doesn't give me much confidence though. :|

But it's giving confidence to them, Mario infinite runner is an insta hit unfortunately.

Because it's a Mario game, it's going to outsell 3DS.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Oh, I actually already made a thread about this =D

I started playing at the start of the month and...

Damn, it's freaking addicting! 

Especially because it's just... perfect F2P. There's literally NO reason to buy anything. You can play without limits for the whole day without stopping or something stopping you.

You can get quality amount of high leveled cards just from 'free' scouting which is from Memory Diamonds you get just for clearing the story.

And in fact, having more than 3 characters is pointless anyway since you can power through the game with just one party =D

I already have 4 4* characters (including Yuna bonus) and 3 of them on level 80 just in a week =D That's how easy it is =D (Even though they are Asuna, Liz and Klein :/ Meh... At least Asuna is useful and Mother Rosario summons Yuuki :awesome:)

Maybe eventually, when I'm bored of the party I have, grinding Memory Diamonds without reasonable source may prove to be difficult without paying but that's just preference (and the fact that I want Silica :awesome:). 

Seriously, this is definitely contender for the best mobile game =D And it's even more free than RabuRaibu @TheVader66 =D

On 10/6/2016 at 6:02 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Bring it to Vita, and then we'll talk. I don't know how anyone can stand controlling an entire game with just the touchscreen... or without trophies. :awesome:

You would be surprised but... it works pretty damn well =D

On 10/4/2016 at 2:38 PM, re_panos said:

I'd get it, but i'm sure it won't be free, and I never buy games that aren't free on android.

It's free. And more than free, it's even free of required micro-transactions =D

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Seriously, this is definitely contender for the best mobile game =D And it's even more free than RabuRaibu @TheVader66 =D

It's free. And more than free, it's even free of required micro-transactions =D

Is there an English Version of it because I don't want to read Japanese. If it is free from micro-transactions then how does the company make money off of it?

3 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I can't say I expected that I'd be quoted on something I said 7 months ago. I don't even remember typing that. :P

Anyway, I agree with my past self on this one. Mobile games are total wank. No exceptions. :awesome: It's a different story if they're ported to Vita though. That's when it becomes a real game. ;)

Edited by Undead Wolf

3 hours ago, TheVader66 said:

Is there an English Version of it because I don't want to read Japanese. 

Sure it is. Why else would the thread be named 'coming west'? =D

3 hours ago, TheVader66 said:

If it is free from micro-transactions then how does the company make money off of it?

Whales that buy for card hoarding/quick scouting.

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

Anyway, I agree with my past self on this one. Mobile games are total wank. No exceptions. :awesome: It's a different story if they're ported to Vita though. That's when it becomes a real game. ;)

You should give this a try, though =D

7 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

You should give this a try, though =D

I'd rather play the PS4/Vita SAO games I own. I've been putting those off forever. The same goes for the anime. The last time I tried playing a mobile game, I was bored to death in like five minutes. I'm not even exaggerating. I don't know how people can stand playing them tbh. Filthy casuals. :P

• Like 1

Played the game for the first time yesterday. A little addicting. Satoshi's right though...no blocks whatsoever. I have 1 4-starred character AR Idol Yuna, and 3-starred ALO Yuuki and Spriggan Seeker Philia. 

Edited by Edunstar84

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Satoshi's right though...no blocks whatsoever. 

Frankly, I'm starting to wish it WAS limited =D Today, I cleared ALL rewards for Rage of Salamanders and Sphica xD That means I probably played 200 quests or so xD (Guess that goes for the 'addicting' part :awesome:). Farmed 10 Bronze and 10 Silver Medals. So I medal scouted and got another 4*... F-KING KLEIN AGAIN! :/ At least I got my first Silica. Though, only 3*.

And since I got to 500 Memory Diamonds, I scouted twice.

OS Pull:

4* Kirito (FINALLY! FINALLY KIRITO! Even though I wanted Dual Wield one =D)

6x 3* (another Silica, lol)

4x 2*

That was one hell of a pull =D Though... it doesn't really matter since 4* are all you care about, lol... In fact, getting one 4* and bunch of 2*s would be better because I could get Crystals =D

Alicization Pull: 

Welp, this actually fulfilled me the wish of having a shit pull filled with 2* characters, lol xD

2x 3* (one I already had)

9x 2*

Welp, at least I got Holy Hacking Crystals.

Guess 7 4* characters in the first two weeks isn't that bad.

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

I have 1 4-starred character AR Idol Yuna, and 3-starred ALO Yuuki and Spriggan Seeker Philia. 

Btw, definitely get 402 Memory Diamonds as soon as possible and abuse the guaranteed 4* OS scouting if it's still online.

You get guaranteed 4* character/weapon and then chance to do 1 Diamond 11 Scout. Definitely go for it in case it's going to stop soon. It gives you a HUGE advantage at the start.

Especially considering the OS characters are top tier.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

• 1 month later...

Finally! The lady luck has smiled at me! :awesome: 

6EBEYVp.png

SO CUTE! SO CUTE! SO CUTE!
SILICA-TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

That makes 12 4* characters so far =D (Even though 2 are event ones :/) Now if only I could get non-event 4* Yuuki =) I scouted for her incredibly cute mizugi and instead got Asuna... :/ Like yea, okay, but I already have OP Earth 4*.

This month is shaping up really great =D Both here and in Love Live :awesome: 

Also, it seems the main story has reached a block as ALO only goes up to the first encounter with Leafa. Guess we will have to wait until GGO for a LONG while.

In any case, did anyone else start playing? =D

• 1 month later...

And more lolis to my collection :awesome: 

dL1xhV8.png

On 7/8/2017 at 10:50 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Now if only I could get non-event 4* Yuuki =)

My wish has been fulfilled even though once again through not getting someone I was aiming for xDD

Seriously, everyone, you should play this :D It's way too good to pass up =D