Danganronpa 1•2 Reload for PS4 coming to Europe early 2017

Official message from NIS America, Inc. Europe facebook fanpage.

"Pupupupu... We're happy to announce that Danganronpa 1•2 Reload will be coming to Europe and North America early 2017, for the PlayStation 4!"

Some screenshots:

14560051_10153708003246895_2033411858076

14608693_10153708003341895_8482154513509

14468546_10153708003346895_7220552903039

14567462_10153708003321895_6063468143523

14543780_10153708003421895_2986205926282

14500181_10153708003456895_4893468013921

14524583_10153708003441895_6056520562338

14525162_10153708003486895_6864781537387

14481778_10153708003801895_8677091255952

14481786_10153708003851895_3471290123123

Well, what do you think about this?

Edited by Polydeuces
  • Like 4

Hmmm, I was about to buy these games for the Vita. Should I wait for the PS4 version now or should I get the Vita versions anyways? I think I'm still going to go for the Vita versions as I like these kind of games more on handhelds.

I guess it should've been expected, since New Danganronpa V3 was announced for PS4 a while back and DR1 and 2 were released on PC. I'm happy it'll be released for PS4, it just means it'll be accessible to more people. They're a pair of games that tell a story that deserves to be experienced. No more excuses, upupupu!

Hmmm, I was about to buy these games for the Vita. Should I wait for the PS4 version now or should I get the Vita versions anyways? I think I'm still going to go for the Vita versions as I like these kind of games more on handhelds.

I'd still recommend them Vita, tbh. Since it's a visual novel, it's just perfect for having it on a handheld like you said. For me personally, I paced around a lot while playing since there were some pretty intense moments in the game and having it on my Vita meant I could keep playing while walking all around my house at the same time lol! 

• Like 1

only downside is that they are only available on english and japanese, no wonder NIS games don't sell too well outside NA and Japan since no one likes to buy games that aren't being translated to their language.

Only a tiny smidgen of console games (starting only with the PS3\X360 ones) got translated to my language. If I would be this fickle and waited for the translation that will never, ever come, I wouldn't have any games to play at all. That's the way it is, unfortunately. If you want to game, you must learn English. And after you learn English, it's time to learn Japanese, because tons of JRPGs will never get translated.

• Like 1

Good news, but still a slap in the face for us vita owners. Since there wasn't really any reason to release the games separately... 

only downside is that they are only available on english and japanese, no wonder NIS games don't sell too well outside NA and Japan since no one likes to buy games that aren't being translated to their language.

With the target audience these games have, i'm pretty sure not having more language options isn't going to hurt sales.

Only a tiny smidgen of console games (starting only with the PS3\X360 ones) got translated to my language. If I would be this fickle and waited for the translation that will never, ever come, I wouldn't have any games to play at all. That's the way it is, unfortunately. If you want to game, you must learn English. And after you learn English, it's time to learn Japanese, because tons of JRPGs will never get translated.

personally i don't have that problem since my native language is in the top 3 of the most spoken languages worldwide (spanish, spoken on more than 20 countries, latin america and spain) so 98% of games are translated to my language, both dubbed and/or subtitled. although i'm sad to hear that doesn't happen in your case, which language do you speak?

the only games that only get translated to english and japanese are this Visual Novel games, and since i pretty much use an external translator to leave comments here i find it a hassle to do that while playing VN games that are mostly about text and having to translate every line.

so that's why i don't play them since they don't get translated to other languages, probably giving that its target audience is very small like xZoneHunter said. and many people here on latin america and on spain also chose to never buy VNs since they aren't on spanish, resulting on poor sales.

Edited by smellslikejavier

It might end be cheaper on the PS4. The vita versions haven't really dropped price too much physically and they're not frequently in sales digitally.

Exciting. Steins;Gate showed me what VNs could be. While I don't expect this to be as good, it seems to get a lot of praise from the same people who liked Steins;Gate, so I'll try it out.

The Zero Escape series is also pretty phenomenal. Although, the first one isn't available on PlayStation at this time. I need to get Steins; Gate..

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 2

Great, that's more Vita exclusives robbed from us (I know it's on PC too, who nobody cares about that).

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad more people get to experience these great games (although they should of just bought a Vita if they wanted to play them), but it feels like a slap in the face to us Vita owners every time Sony do this. There's Tearaway, Gravity Rush, and now this that got their popularity thanks to Vita owners, only for them to turn their back on us now. At least it's not as bad as Gravity Rush considering they totally abandoned Vita in favour of PS4, but still.

Having said that, I will be buying this because I'm a huge Danganronpa fan, and if they have separate trophy lists to the Vita versions, I'd love to platinum them again. I'll be buying Danganronpa 3 on Vita though because I know where my loyalty lies. :P

Definitely for Vita. VN's just work much better on a handheld. Playing them on a big screen just feels kind of wrong. :P

• Like 3

Great, that's more Vita exclusives robbed from us (I know it's on PC too, who nobody cares about that).

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad more people get to experience these great games (although they should of just bought a Vita if they wanted to play them), but it feels like a slap in the face to us Vita owners every time Sony do this. There's Tearaway, Gravity Rush, and now this that got their popularity thanks to Vita owners, only for them to turn their back on us now. At least it's not as bad as Gravity Rush considering they totally abandoned Vita in favour of PS4, but still.

Having said that, I will be buying this because I'm a huge Danganronpa fan, and if they have separate trophy lists to the Vita versions, I'd love to platinum them again. I'll be buying Danganronpa 3 on Vita though because I know where my loyalty lies. :P

Definitely for Vita. VN's just work much better on a handheld. Playing them on a big screen just feels kind of wrong. :P

Indeed. Probably Zero Escape will have a PS4 release too :P

Indeed. Probably Zero Escape will have a PS4 release too :P

Yeah, I can see that happening too, especially since they've already announced they're bringing that series to other platforms. We just don't know what ones yet. I'm not as annoyed at that though because the series is already on 3DS. It was never a Vita exclusive. Granted, Danganronpa was on PSP too, but that was for Japan only. All I know is that a Vita version of 999 better be one of the games they're working on. :P