Danganronpa 1•2 Reload for PS4 coming to Europe early 2017

And guess what? It already have a collector edition. http://store.nisamerica.com/danganronpa-1-2-reload-limited-edition-ps4

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS. I just pre ordered mine now. I've never got a Danganronpa Collectors edition ever and I've always regretted it since I really enjoy the series. (I don't want to go buy them online on like ebay because of scalpers and such..) although I am so satisfied with this. Especially because the LE is only $60! The average price of a new PS4 game! (although the shipping &handling is eh.. but still for someone who's wanted some sort of collectors edition for this game. I'm satisfied asf)

..As I wrote on Facebook, I can't wait to see my favorite characters die again on the big screen ... lmao.

• Like 1

In this day of constant reiteration and endless remasters, is it all that surprising when something like this is announced?  I don't think it hurts the Vita.  Few people are probably purchasing the system just to play the Danganronpa games this far after release (or at all) anyway so having such fantastic games available to a wider audience can only be beneficial when talking about potential for future releases (besides the already announced v3 of course).

What makes me mad is when games are announced for Vita, and then don't come out at all or come out a year after the PS4 version (I'm looking at you, Salt and Sanctuary).

• Like 2

only downside is that they are only available on english and japanese, no wonder NIS games don't sell too well outside NA and Japan since no one likes to buy games that aren't being translated to their language.

While I can understand your point if english(or japanese) isn't something you get teached about in schools, I actually dislike playing games which are translated to my language (finnish). I feel that they lose something in translation and I have seen two or three translation mistakes in few games.

I generally switch to english if possible as its harder to look at guides for information if game is translated and guide is on english.

I wont be buying danganronpa again for ps4. VNs works better for me at handheld. I get to play ps4 at latenight after kid and wife goes to sleep and reading through lots text while tired doesn't sound fun.

Edited by Kavatus

Can we please stop getting games being released on the PS4? Not everyone owns a PS4. I would rather they do something with the PS3 before it dies out.

The PS4 has been out for three years. I'd say more people are playing on PS4 than they are on PS3 these days. At least in the west. It doesn't make any sense to release this on a decade old last generation console.

The PS4 has been out for three years. I'd say more people are playing on PS4 than they are on PS3 these days. At least in the west. It doesn't make any sense to release this on a decade old last generation console.

Right, and I don't blame the people  for playing on the PS4. However it feels just like when there's a new version of the iPhone that just got released: everyone and their dog goes out to buy the newest stuff, all while completely neglecting the old stuff. It's still good, but you will need to transfer everything from your old phone to the new phone. This case doesn't apply with all of the PS3 games that I have, which means that it's only a matter of time before Sony gives up on the PS3 for good. I don't want that to happen.

Right, and I don't blame the people  for playing on the PS4. However it feels just like when there's a new version of the iPhone that just got released: everyone and their dog goes out to buy the newest stuff, all while completely neglecting the old stuff. It's still good, but you will need to transfer everything from your old phone to the new phone. This case doesn't apply with all of the PS3 games that I have, which means that it's only a matter of time before Sony gives up on the PS3 for good. I don't want that to happen.

But consoles aren't phones though. The PS3 enjoyed a very long lifespan. One that was much longer than other console generations that came before it. You can't expect Sony and other devs to keep supporting the PS3 forever, especially when the new hardware has been out for a while now. There just isn't any profit to be made there anymore. There comes a point when you have to move on. Now I love my PS3, and I still play it all the time. It has one of the best library of games for any console. Don't you think that's enough? It doesn't need any more games. Sony wants to get people to buy PS4's, so it's only natural for them to entice people to buy them with new games.

Can we please stop getting games being released on the PS4? Not everyone owns a PS4. I would rather they do something with the PS3 before it dies out.

Exactly this! Absolutely bullshit of how many times Sony doesn't really care that much and bring out more games as much on ps3 where if it isn't completely broken or still capable to make the games great without any lag or anything like that, then there should be no reason not to bring more games on to ps3 since I love it and my vita too. I get they have to move on and such, but still, ps3 is still capable to release games on there and as long if it broken or discontinue of every server out there kind of how Nintendo decided to pull the plug of online for the Wii, then Sony should still release games on ps3 no matter how old it is.

Edited by Superstarmaste1r
  • Like 1

But consoles aren't phones though. The PS3 enjoyed a very long lifespan. One that was much longer than other console generations that came before it. You can't expect Sony and other devs to keep supporting the PS3 forever, especially when the new hardware has been out for a while now. There just isn't any profit to be made there anymore. There comes a point when you have to move on. Now I love my PS3, and I still play it all the time. It has one of the best library of games for any console. Don't you think that's enough? It doesn't need any more games. Sony wants to get people to buy PS4's, so it's only natural for them to entice people to buy them with new games.

What Sony should do is remaster or remake a lot of the PS3 games that don't fall under the AAA category. Just like you said, the PS3 has an awesome library of games, but not all of those games are going to get remastered for the PS4, which is a shame.

• Like 1

What Sony should do is remaster or remake a lot of the PS3 games that don't fall under the AAA category. Just like you said, the PS3 has an awesome library of games, but not all of those games are going to get remastered for the PS4, which is a shame.

Then again people have to buy ps3 where that could help Sony big time just to sell ps3 games if they want to play XXXX tittle game they really want where perhaps they could still make more games on ps3 and even on the new consoles as well. Another smartful plan and fair choice to make new last gen games look great which these days nobody is doing that. /:

• Like 1

Then again people have to buy ps3 where that could help Sony big time just to sell ps3 games if they want to play XXXX tittle game they really want where perhaps they could still make more games on ps3 and even on the new consoles as well. Another smartful plan and fair choice to make new last gen games look great which these days nobody is doing that. /:

Assuming that they haven't started the planning process on discontinuing PS3 consoles, in which case we're really screwed.

Oh...kay? That's quite unexpected.

And the main question is... why?

Seriously... why? Out of all possible outcomes, they port... Reload? Something they didn't even localize to bring 2 games?

That's... quite weird.

Hmmm, I was about to buy these games for the Vita. Should I wait for the PS4 version now or should I get the Vita versions anyways? I think I'm still going to go for the Vita versions as I like these kind of games more on handhelds.

Depends on whether you want one compilation or two full fledged games. =)

before it dies out.

It isn't?

Oh...kay? That's quite unexpected.

And the main question is... why?

Seriously... why? Out of all possible outcomes, they port... Reload? Something they didn't even localize to bring 2 games?

That's... quite weird.

Depends on whether you want one compilation or two full fledged games. =)

It isn't?

I don't know if it actually did die out or not, but I certainly can't be the only person who still clings on to the PS3.

PS3 is still a very strong console and I can't imagine it dying anytime soon.

Back to the topic, VN is more fit to be on handheld (I don't want to sit for hours in front of a screen lol) and I already played Danganronpa on vita so no reason to get them again.

The only thing interested me is the artbook, but I'm not gonna spend $60 on the LE just for that so... nope.

Edited by PliskinCobra

I am tempted to get this since I still don't own Danganronpa 2 and I want the soundtrack and artbook but I feel like it should be played on the PSVita so I kinda want to buy it for the PSVita.

*snip*

You should edit it and mention that it is coming out in North America as well. So the Canadians, Americans, and Mexicans can know as well.

Edited by TheVader66

Seems like an odd choice to port this to the PS4.

Good news, but still a slap in the face for us vita owners. Since there wasn't really any reason to release the games separately... 

Yeah I agree, DR Reload should've been localized on the Vita too.

I'll be buying Danganronpa 3 on Vita though because I know where my loyalty lies. :P

Same here :highfive:.

I agree, there's still a ton of games I want to play on the PS3.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2