Infinite Warfare is ready to eat up your hard drive

Xel

Activision explained to GameSpot that the 130GB listed on the box covers Infinite WarfareModern Warfare Remastered, day-one updates, and all multiplayer maps that will be released before the end of the year.

We already know that Modern Warfare Remastered will take up around 40GB of space, meaning that 90GB of space has been set aside for the rest. However, according to Activision, this is just a "high-end" estimate.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/activision-explains-call-of-duty-infinite-warfares-large-install-size/

So basically when you put the game in your system, install the Day 1 patch and install the full Modern Warfare Remastered, and then when the 6 extra maps get released in December for MWR and any patches for IW before year's end, that is what makes up the full 130GB.

• Like 1

guess this is one of the reasons Sony is kinda leaning toward digital media all the way on PS4 Pro?

When and where did Sony reveal this information? I need to read up on this and let my friends who are buyers for a large retailer know, since they were assured by Sony that this was not the case.

Good thing I have roughly 230GB of free space on my PS4. Looks like these two games will take up a huge chunk of that space when I do get them, but I am excited to get back into COD4: Modern Warfare with the remastered version of the game. To be honest, I am not overly interested in Infinite Warfare, but I do look forward to the Zombies in Spaceland mode and I will be playing the single player story as well.  

When and where did Sony reveal this information? I need to read up on this and let my friends who are buyers for a large retailer know, since they were assured by Sony that this was not the case.

this is just a guessing, they're not really going all digital, they do stated of why they aren't using the UHD Blu Ray discs on the pro by saying something like the world are going to the digital side more and more and this is the reason they decided to stick to the traditional 50GB BD while the mojo of the ps4 pro are just gonna stream the 4K resolution, probably they'll clear their head at the end and ship the ps4 pro with an UHD BD rom when finally releasing the pro and all this 4K streaming will be old news.

this is just a guessing, they're not really going all digital, they do stated of why they aren't using the UHD Blu Ray discs on the pro by saying something like the world are going to the digital side more and more and this is the reason they decided to stick to the traditional 50GB BD while the mojo of the ps4 pro are just gonna stream the 4K resolution, probably they'll clear their head at the end and ship the ps4 pro with an UHD BD rom when finally releasing the pro and all this 4K streaming will be old news.

With all the ISPs in the world metering monthly bandwidth, 4k is going to eat through it so quickly the ISPs are going to severely limit the adoption. Comcast charges $20 for 50 GB of data overage so the equivalent of one dual-layer BD could save a person $20 in overages. Going all-digital is going to piss a lot of parents who pay the internet bill off.

• Like 1

With all the ISPs in the world metering monthly bandwidth, 4k is going to eat through it so quickly the ISPs are going to severely limit the adoption. Comcast charges $20 for 50 GB of data overage so the equivalent of one dual-layer BD could save a person $20 in overages. Going all-digital is going to piss a lot of parents who pay the internet bill off.

i have a really bad internet connection which is why i hate these streaming stuff like this future 4K streaming, the PS Now, also online gaming as a whole.

it's a miracle to me if youtube vids ran at least on 720p the entire video.

• 4 weeks later...

I installed it last night and with a five and a bit gig day one update, it pulled in at just under 55gb total, Infinite Warfare on it's own.

Modern Warfare was around 48 before I deleted it, it was 40 on it's own, but then near the end of the 30 day period it got an 8gb update, which presumably added multiplayer to into the mix.

• Like 1

Had to delete two AAA games just to dl MWR alone. I dont really have interest in IW (anymore). However, it looks as if IW doesnt actually have to be installed to play MWR, just the game disc' presence inside the system.

• Like 1

A year ago I ended up having to buy a 2 TB harddrive (which is actually only 1.7 TB of available data) from a third party seller on Amazon.com. Instructions were confusing but I figured them out. Had to install all the games I had on my 500 GB harddrive plus 30 - 35 GBs worth of patches. I probably have at least 50 GBs of patches across a whole bunch of games. DOOM that came out earlier this year has had me download at least 18 GBs of patches, Witcher 3 was well over 20 GBs, plus if I want Hearts and Blood and Wine that is going to be 16 GBs I have to download. Bought the Gold Edition of Assassins Creed Syndicate last year in November and the Jack the Ripper DLC is 14 GBs.

Good times...

People are mostly going to go on Infinite Warfare for the multiplayer rather than Call of Duty Remastered. So if you happen to buy the Legacy Collection, you probably need just shy of 100 GBs and that's without patches and multiplayer DLC packs.

I'm not paying $80 plus taxes for the Legacy Collection however.