Is this a worth buy ?

Natsuu24

Online still up for sure . From what i saw it looks a fun game to play through the campaign , i'm looking to get that game physical alongside Sniper Elite V2 GOTY (All DLC included) i played the demo and enjoy it a great deal . If you played Sniper Elite V2 before and elike it than this one is a good follow-up i believe .

WOrth a buy ?? Fun to play co-op ?? And the online, still active ??

The competitive MP is dead and you would need to find a partner for co-op. Pretty fun game though. I still need a few trophies for the plat.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 2

WOrth a buy ?? Fun to play co-op ?? And the online, still active ??

Depends on what you are playing it for. As skate said above the pvp multiplayer portion is dead and if you want to play the game on the hardest mode and survive you will absolutely want someone with you. Still a really good game though, cant wait for part 4.

• Like 1

Definitely. It's a great game, looks beautiful on PS4, and even more so if you've played Sniper Elite V2. It has some minor performance issues, with certain sections of the environment taking awhile to load in, or loading in then dropping the textures then loading in then dropping the textures, and that kinda stuff. Nothing game breaking and nothing that'll hinder your experience in any way. It's a fun game, seeing how the body reacts to the bullet is great. Sometimes tho the target in the bullet cam just disappears, which is weird, but its whatever.

So if one want to plat this game , a boosting partner is absolutely needed in order to pull off the online trophies ?

While it may be possible to beat the game solo, it would be extremely challenging. You can take  very little to almost no bullet damage on the hardest difficulty and with no one to revive you it would be instant death in a lot of areas towards the end of the game.

Edited by stitchesnscars
  • Like 2

Done it twice and did the campaign on authentic in co-op both times, would not recommend doing it solo as there are no checkpoints if you die. Also if you're doing it in co-op, to save on first aid when nearly dead, get your partner to gun you down then revive you with full health. Also like others have said the online is dead so would reccomend boosting the ribbons.

So if one want to plat this game , a boosting partner is absolutely needed in order to pull off the online trophies ?

What Stitches said and there are a couple competitive multiplayer ribbons you need so you will need a boosting partner on top of having a good co-op player. There is a glitch to make Realistic a little easier but it is still pretty tough if your partner isn't very good. 

- I just got the 10 competitive MP matches trophy and had no problem connecting and finding a game. Pick 'No Cross' or 'Capture the Flag' and you should find matches. Each session lasts 20 minutes so the trophy take awhile to get.

- In No Cross, players are stuck on opposite sides of the arena so it's a good match to go for the Traced Ribbon. You have to spot three opponents, tag them, and have a teammate shoot them. Sounds hard but it's not. Took me two tries. Some tips - only use your binoculars, find an obscure hiding spot and check the radar where shots are coming from. Once you tag somebody, they're as good as dead. Everyone on your team will see that target highlighted and will snipe them quickly.

- I still need a few trophies so I'd be happy to boost with anybody reading this thread.

If you played sniper elite v2 you can expect more of the same with brighter maps...heads up if you get the ultimate edition you will need to buy the grey wolf dlc separately for 100% on trophies...I was able to connect to online matches successfully every time I tried...after about 50 matches was only able to get 6 ribbons or so...boosting recommended...if you like co-op plenty of opportunities to have a good time...

While it may be possible to beat the game solo, it would be extremely challenging. You can take  very little to almost no bullet damage on the hardest difficulty and with no one to revive you it would be instant death in a lot of areas towards the end of the game.

I beat it completely solo on AUTHENTIC on PS3 and PS4 ;-) Pure addiction at the time. Love it. Multiplayer-Rand MP is a still active NPS for me though....