Just bought this

SheriffTupper

Hi,

Just bought F1 2016 as it was 20% off.  Have you any tips to pass on?  I love watching F1 but I don't understand really the technicalities and mechanics of it all so any tips you'd share?!

Edited by Stevieboy
Please use the Gaming Sessions feature to find players.

Just start a career, choose whatever options (race distance, practice time and qualifying modes) and assists you'd like (i.e. racing line, brake assist) and also set the difficulty to an AI level you'd feel comfortable with and just start racing.

During your career you'll be able to practice the tracks and get used to your car... also you'll find yourself behind a laptop (menu in career mode) where you can watch some tutorlial video's about the mechanics, technacalities and rulings in F1.

I think if you start there and just put some time in your practice programs and races you'll get the hang of it soon enough.

The more comfortable you feel along the way, the more assists you can turn off or set the difficulty to a higher AI level to keep the game challenging for yourself.

I started out racing my career with a few settings turned on and with medium AI... now in my 3rd season I'm racing on Legend difficulty, with only automatic gears and flashbacks enabled (so almost no assists) and I'm still having fun and learning better tactics along the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just bought F1 2016 as it was 20% off.  Have you any tips to pass on?  I love watching F1 but I don't understand really the technicalities and mechanics of it all so any tips you'd share?!

An, a very importamt thing: Never break and steer at the same time ;) Your tires will love you.