The Love Live School Idol Festival thread

TheVader66

Hello and let me welcome you to one of the most addictive games in the mobile market. Love Live School Idol Festival or LLSIF is a free to play rhythm game available on Android and Apple devices. The game is composed of two modes Story: Which are played in Visual Novel form and Live: This is main part of the game as you play up to 80 songs ranging from Easy, Normal, Hard, Expert and the newly added Master. Also in the Live section is the Hits sub-section, in this section songs are changed daily and give you more rewards. Is in this section where you are able to play Master Songs at the moment. 

To give a taste of the gameplay, here is one of the songs Fuyu ga Kureta Yokan being played on Expert and being Full combo 

While on the topic of Full Combo, you may be thinking to yourself "If it's a Mobile Game then they are going to make it hard for me to get Gems and force me to waste real money" Well as someone who has played this game for a year now and not waste any money, I can say that it is extremely easy to get Love Gems (the gems of this game). You can get it Love Gems by either Full Combo a Expert or Master Song raising your bond with idols, celebrating a idol birthday or just entering the game:

By logging in each day, you can gain Love Gems, friend points or coins. So make sure to login in everyday.

BgahK1s.png

You also always have a chance to gain a Love Gem by playing at least one song.

3SnN5dt.png

Also you are rewarded different rewards from coins to love gems depending on how well you did in the song:

N6WmL3t.png

These Love Gems are used to replenish your LP which allows you to continue playing or scout in the idol box to get a Idol from any rank.

The Idol box or it is Official name: Honor Scouting gives you a chance to get any idol from Rare to Ultra Rare at random. You use 5 love gems for one use or 50 for eleven uses.
fertdr_zpsc6aiwrvy.png

There is also Regular Scouting which allows you to get any idol from Normal to Rare Cards. Meanwhile to get Rs or above Cards you need to do Honor ScoutingRegular Scouting also don't use Love Gems but instead Friend points. These Friends points are given the same way as Love Gems but are easier to get. As you are playing a song, in the selection screen there is a option to use a Friend and their special ability which may boost your attribute. They also give you 10 friend points. These friends are from your friend list, so having friends is a helpful boost.

fgdgr4e_zpsqr78alpj.png

Incase you want a friend from the start, here is my ID number (top right of my Username) and you can put it in the ID Search which is in the tab that says Other and then click Friends and you find the ID Seach and put my number to find me and friend me

A7FZtm0.png

Now lets talk about Idols, in this game each song has attribute: Cool, Smile, and Pure. If you have a idol group matching the attributes, your score is multiplied. Also each Idol has rank from Normal, Rare, Super Rare, the newly added Super Super Rare and Ultra Rare. These ranking affect their level limit as Normal only have a lvl limit of 30. Meanwhile a Ultra Rare has a lvl limit of 80. These are both when they are in their 1st forms.

Cool Team:
g32g32_zpsln29km4u.png

Smile Team:
c33wx_zpsk9oxe3os.png

Pure Team:
vt3cv_zpsfyckzsej.png

Oh yeah I forgot, the idols can transform from their 1st form which is UnIdolized to their 2nd form Idolized. These transformation boost the level limit for example Normal Idols go from 30 to 40 meanwhile a Ultra Rare Idol goes from 80 to 100.

UnIdolized SR:
dsfdsv_zps7qogz7od.png

Idolized SR:
sfdsfwe_zpstkjsnn7f.png

Also available in this game is once every week and a half. There is an Event going on that rewards people with Love Gems, Money to use on Idolization and Special Idols for that Event. Each of these Events is played differently. For example:

Score Match Event is when you and another three players compete to see who plays the given song the best. Everyone gets points but the Winner gains a large amount of point that raise them in the Leaderboard.
5gfyt_zpsdjaxzzgf.png

gsdgse_zpshx9lrhyv.png

Token Match Event is when you play whatever song you want but through out the song. Tokens appear along with the beats and you collect them to play a specific song in the hits section.
gdhjdf_zpsdqlcti05.png

There are many more Events going every two weeks of different challenges. I highly recommend getting Love Live School Idol Festival as it is super enjoyable and very rewarding with prizes and almost endless playtime.

Edited by TheVader66
Updating info
  • Like 2

Yahoo~

RabuRaibu thread =D

Hopefully it's as active as the Shuffle one =D

Anyway, this is one thing I wanted to ask you and kept forgetting.

How many Lovecas are you spending on events? I keep seeing you on top of my Friend List with usually in top 2-3k =D

and the newly added Master. 

This is one thing I'm probably looking forward the most (SSR is meh), EXPERT songs are way too easy and I have almost all of them SSed. (Screw you, Beat in Angel :P)

While on the topic of Full Combo, you may be thinking to yourself "If it's a Mobile Game then they are going to make it hard for me to get Gems and force me to waste real money" Well as someone who has played this game for a year now and not waste any money, I can say that it is extremely easy to get Love Gems (the gems of this game). You can get it Love Gems by either Full Combo a Expert or Master Song, raising your bond with idols, or just entering the game. These Love Gems are used to replenish your LP which allows you to continue playing or scout in the idol box to get a Idol from any rank.

So much this!

If one were to ask me about one mobile game that is REALLY free to play, it would be this.  Seriously, trust us on this, it's perfectly purchase-free.

It's simply so perfect you actually WANT to give them money just to show support =D

• Like 1

Anyway, this is one thing I wanted to ask you and kept forgetting.

How many Lovecas are you spending on events? I keep seeing you on top of my Friend List with usually in top 2-3k =D

Let see, in this event alone. Only Eight Love Gems have been wasted but as of recent I wasted 100 Love Gems on Honor Scouting

This is one thing I'm probably looking forward the most (SSR is meh), EXPERT songs are way too easy and I have almost all of them SSed. (Screw you, Beat in Angel :P)

You do know that at this moment, there is two Master Songs available. Holy Shit, they give out a lot of Love Gems.

Edited by TheVader66

Let see, in this event alone. Only Eight Love Gems have been wasted but as of recent I wasted 100 Love Gems on Honor Scouting

Only 8 Loveca and you already have 70k? o.O

Wow.

You do know that at this moment, there is two Master Songs available. Holy Shit, they give out a lot of Love Gems.

I don't play normal songs when Score Match or Medley Festa are live =D

Waste of LPs =D

Just downloaded this... will post again once I've played it for a while :) Looking forward to it!

I hope you have fun, if you any questions. Please feel free to ask. Since right now a major update added a lot of features that may look confusing like the skill seals.

I don't play normal songs when Score Match or Medley Festa are live =D

Waste of LPs =D

but you only waste 25 LP, the same amount as Expert and if you manage to get S rank in the first try. You gain 3 Love Gems (one for hitting A rank, one for hitting S rank and one for just completing the song)

but you only waste 25 LP, the same amount as Expert and if you manage to get S rank in the first try. You gain 3 Love Gems (one for hitting A rank, one for hitting S rank and one for just completing the song)

But you waste 4min of your multi hr session to hit T2. Oh well, too bored of gorilla arming the game for long sessions all for T2. Stopped playing over a year ago because it ate so much time, and playing the same song 100+ times in 2 weeks gets annoying, esp if it is one of the songs you hate (Jp server was so much more competitive than international)

But you waste 4min of your multi hr session to hit T2. Oh well, too bored of gorilla arming the game for long sessions all for T2. Stopped playing over a year ago because it ate so much time, and playing the same song 100+ times in 2 weeks gets annoying, esp if it is one of the songs you hate (Jp server was so much more competitive than international)

But I am talking about the Master Songs in the Hit Category. Not the event which by the way. I am already in Tier 2 with just using 8 Love Gems and timing my use and the event is still has four days left.

Anyway, You just need to play the song once to get the three love gems and they are only 2 minutes long.

Edited by TheVader66

But I am talking the Master Songs in the Hit Category. Not the event which by the way. I am already in Tier 2 with just using 8 Love Gems and timing my use and the event is still has four days left.

Anyway, You just need to play the song once to get the three love gems and they are only 2 minutes long.

3-4 min after results screen and lag. But regardless, extra plays feel more draining than fun after a while imo.

Does anyone know how skill slots in this game work? I know that idolized SRs can have 4 skill slots but all of mine only have 2 or 3 so how do you unlock the other slots?

You have to Special Practice them again to unlock the skill slots. Which now it is easier to Special Practice SRs cards because you can now use SRs sticker or Rare Stickers, instead of a card. For each skill slot, you need to Special Practice them for each one. If you use a Card to Special Practice, it unlocks 2 skill slots but if you use a sticker it only unlocks one.

wtwy4_zpscfwq9cti.png

Though when an Unidolized SR is Idolized through the stickers instead of another Card, it doesn't unlock a skill slot the first time.

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 1

You have to Special Practice them again to unlock the skill slots. Which now it is easier to Special Practice SRs cards because you can now use SRs sticker or Rare Stickers, instead of a card. For each skill slot, you need to Special Practice them for each one. If you use a Card to Special Practice, it unlocks 2 skill slots but if you use a sticker it only unlocks one.

wtwy4_zpscfwq9cti.png

Though when an Unidolized SR is Idolized through the stickers instead of another Card, it doesn't unlock a skill slot the first time.

Thanks for the answer. Also, I sent you a friend request in the app. My username is "Mike" and I'm rank 196 so you can find the request easier.

• Like 1

Thanks for the answer. Also, I sent you a friend request in the app. My username is "Mike" and I'm rank 196 so you can find the request easier.

Thanks for the friend invite, I just accepted it. I see that you also have a UR Pure Kotori  B). Also you asked about how the skills seals work. Well the skill affect the Attribute points of the card, depending on the ability, it may take up from 1 to 2 to 4 slots. Also some skills have requirement like Pure Ring skill seals can only be used by 2nd Year students like Kotori, Honoka and Umi.

dg33hj_zpsau0j7iss.png

4wgs_zpsdwjjszjz.png

Also don't worry about thinking which skill to give to a member, as all the skill seals can be removed and reused.

• Like 1

I can do that after event ends :P

It's not like I need Loveca, I have about 20 uncleared side-stories from all the idolizations =D

I am so happy to finally Idolized my very first Non-Rare Card that I got when I first started to play the game. I haven't used her in a while, but now my SR Umi is back on the team  <3

My UnIdolized SR Umi:

Umi%20Idolized_zpsfbmxudok.png

My Idolized SR Umi:

Umi%20unidolized_zpsslpzgfih.png

Healing SR? =D

Sure, she is cute but pretty useless skill-wise =D

Thanks for the friend invite, I just accepted it. I see that you also have a UR Pure Kotori  B). Also you asked about how the skills seals work. Well the skill affect the Attribute points of the card, depending on the ability, it may take up from 1 to 2 to 4 slots. Also some skills have requirement like Pure Ring skill seals can only be used by 2nd Year students like Kotori, Honoka and Umi.

There are also seals that depend on skill tier.

For example, I got Princess Heal which gives points whenever Smile healer uses her skill.

Unfortunately... I don't have usable healers, lol. I need the Smile Kotori you have xD

Healing SR? =D

Sure, she is cute but pretty useless skill-wise =D

Hey don't talk shit about my very first SR, but in all seriousness I use Healers to make sure I survive the match and learn the patter of the songs and which ones to look out for.

Unfortunately... I don't have usable healers, lol. I need the Smile Kotori you have xD

Sure, if we ever get Trading then I will give you my UR Smile Kotori but in exchange I want that UR Cool Honoka

5yeu4_zps0qtkfev4.png

Hey don't talk shit about my very first SR, but in all seriousness I use Healers to make sure I survive the match and learn the patter of the songs and which ones to look out for.

Full team of perfect lockers does even better job at surviving :D

Sure, if we ever get Trading then I will give you my UR Smile Kotori but in exchange I want that UR Cool Honoka

5yeu4_zps0qtkfev4.png

Seriously, the trading needs to happen... :/

Buuuuuut... that trade probably... um... probably no =D Cool Honks has best leader skill and she's a perfect locker, can't give up that =D

Well it looks I have new person ranking above me in the Events, my new friend Mike. I am surprised though this time, I am beating Umicchi since she is always above me and my Korean Friend for the very first time ever, not above me and not in the Top 5. I wonder if they're not trying because it is Aqours this time and next event is a Muse one and they are preparing for it.

dojsdpog_zpsaalc1pdm.png

Seriously, the trading needs to happen... :/

Buuuuuut... that trade probably... um... probably no =D Cool Honks has best leader skill and she's a perfect locker, can't give up that =D

How about a SSR Nico with the UR Kotori

he4e_zpskyuiyknm.png

Well it looks I have new person ranking above me in the Events, my new friend Mike. I am surprised though this time, I am beating Umicchi since she is always above me and my Korean Friend for the very first time ever, not above me and not in the Top 5. I wonder if they're not trying because it is Aqours this time and next event is a Muse one and they are preparing for it.

dojsdpog_zpsaalc1pdm.png

Woooo, I'm 4th.

But damn, Mike is spending Lovecas like mad =D

How about a SSR Nico with the UR Kotori

he4e_zpskyuiyknm.png

Oh, that is starting to be more promising =D

You really like that Honks, lol xD

Woooo, I'm 4th.

But damn, Mike is spending Lovecas like mad =D

Or maybe he has more skills than us and lands first place every time

Oh, that is starting to be more promising =D

You really like that Honks, lol xD

I may or may not be in love with her. Also I may or may not be contemplating buying a small keychain of her and hang it next to my Noire Wallscroll.

tw34t3_zpsirnesww8.jpg3rwsr3r5_zpsos4mxhtm.jpg

No, I don't get first every time, not when skill isn't the most important factor in Score Matches. If I go up against someone with a team of 9 URs, they'll probably beat me no matter how bad of a combo they get as long as they clear the song. Also, this is nothing compared to the rank 1 on my friends list. He's rank 6 overall with 677k points.

Even with that, 150k is pretty impossible without Loveca =D

I may or may not be in love with her. Also I may or may not be contemplating buying a small keychain of her and hang it next to my Noire Wallscroll.

tw34t3_zpsirnesww8.jpg3rwsr3r5_zpsos4mxhtm.jpg

I meant that Honks like the Cool one (remember I also have a Pure one =D) =D

No, I don't get first every time, not when skill isn't the most important factor in Score Matches. If I go up against someone with a team of 9 URs, they'll probably beat me no matter how bad of a combo they get as long as they clear the song. Also, this is nothing compared to the rank 1 on my friends list. He's rank 6 overall with 677k points.

My highest rank ever in a Love Live Event was 151 in a Honoka Event

My highest rank ever in a Love Live Event was 151 in a Honoka Event

My highest rank was 276 in a Hanayo event so I might end up beating that record in this event.

Wow guys, it does sound like spending Lovecas on events is really working, lol =D

I still prefer to get to Tier 3 simply by spending LPs :D

I remember getting to 1000 something in one of the first events, lost the Top tier in the last seconds of the event ./