The Love Live School Idol Festival thread

TheVader66

So far I have only 6 URs (2 Promos and 4 normal scouting) and 2 SSRs and a shit load of SRs, but I have a question what functions does SSR sticker give since the moment I don't see them as an option to be used as Special Practice and I don't see them being traded for Idols or Blue Tickets. I personally think SSRs are useless since most of my Idolized SRs are stronger than them and SRs are easier to idolized than SSRs.

Things you can do with the SSR sticker

• Idolize SSR since it needs only 1 SSR sticker
  • Idolize UR, needs 5 SSR sticker

Things you can do with the SSR sticker

• Idolize SSR since it needs only 1 SSR sticker
  • Idolize UR, needs 5 SSR sticker

Thank you very much. I think I may sacrifice SSR Nico to idolize my SSR Rin since she is stronger but then again I like Nico more and she is a perfect lock.

Either way I will sacrifice one of them to the other.

Also, is the video you talked about on the previous page this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkFbVkPTXw8

No, that isn't the video, she is talking about the strengths and not how they affect the game events.

No, that isn't the video, she is talking about the strengths and not how they affect the game events.

Then care to share? Since I burned pretty much all SRs but Perfect Lockers, I will probably not be able to use the strategy (plus, it requires spending Loveca, I don't like doing that, I still prefer that feeling of drawing :D) but I'm genuinely interested how could having lots of SR affect events.

This thread plus posts of the game appearing on my tumblr dash, really dragged me into idol hell the last month. Which isn't good, since i already have tales of link on my phone... With ski Kotori, i got my first UR yesterday and am practicing my way up the difficulties. I really need stamina for those mass triplets appearing in the hard songs i'm currently practicing. x.x Is there a good practice app out there? I heard of one, but couldn't find anything specific.

• Like 1

Then care to share? Since I burned pretty much all SRs but Perfect Lockers, I will probably not be able to use the strategy (plus, it requires spending Loveca, I don't like doing that, I still prefer that feeling of drawing :D) but I'm genuinely interested how could having lots of SR affect events.

I am just going to tell you straight out, this isn't a Strategy but more of an understanding of how Score Match places you during the match. You might actually already know this:

This only works in Score Match Events basically what happens is in Score Match when you play against people. The Event puts you against opponents not of equal skills but of what is your highest rank member in your Team (for me it would be URs) and the most common rank member in your team (For me it would the SRs). For example, I am currently screwed when it comes to Cool Songs since the events see that my Pure and Smile have at least one UR each and full team of SRs. So when I play a Cool event even if my Cool team is only SRs, it is going to make me fight people that have one UR and multiple SRs in their team.

Though I can manipulate it back to your my favor which some people use a team of full of SRs for I think 4 matches in a row. It would put me against opponents with just SRs team as well. This increase my chances of winning since the only ones that usually have SRs are those haven't played the game long enough since usually Veterans have at least One UR in the team knowing that UR has way too many benefits to ignore.

I personally never done this on purpose, since for starters I find it pretty disgraceful to try lower your placement to target people who are lowered skill than you. Now you are wondering, what do I mean on purpose. Well the thing is that I have three team: Smile (2 URs, 7 SRs) Pure (2URs, 7 SRs) and Cool (all SRs) so in events I am placed against people that have URs team (if I remember correctly if you have 4 URs then you are placed against people who might have a full team of URs) but sometimes in events it may play mostly Cool songs and that lower my position and I start going against those with just SRs. The reason why I want SRs is in order to replace the ones I have on my teams since I am being placed against UR teams due to two of my team having URs and I want a higher chance to win by getting stronger SRs. I also want a Cool UR so I can finally not lose every time I am playing a Cool Song which why I am happy to find any SR since I can either sacrifice it for a SR Sticker to get a Cool UR or use them to replace someone from my team.

Now you are thinking that there is a many flaws to this and yes there are. For example it isn't guaranteed that every person with URs is a better player or a person with only SRs are a sucky player. If you actually managed to read all of this, you can see this isn't worth it. The only reason why I know of this was because a youtuber told me about how the events worked back when I was a noob and I would later personally experiencing it when my Smile and Pure Team got their first URs and seeing the difficulty spike when I got them. Hell to be honest, I rarely get first place now because I currently have no UR for my Cool Team.

Edited by TheVader66

This thread plus posts of the game appearing on my tumblr dash, really dragged me into idol hell the last month. Which isn't good, since i already have tales of link on my phone... 

Welcome to the idol hell :awesome:

With ski Kotori, i got my first UR yesterday 

Congrats!

So soon =D

Is there a good practice app out there? I heard of one, but couldn't find anything specific.

I don't think... you can probably use other rhythm games...

I am just going to tell you straight out, this isn't a Strategy but more of an understanding of how Score Match places you during the match. You might actually already know this:

This only works in Score Match Events basically what happens is in Score Match when you play against people. The Event puts you against opponents not of equal skills but of what is your highest rank member in your Team (for me it would be URs) and the most common rank member in your team (For me it would the SRs). For example, I am currently screwed when it comes to Cool Songs since the events see that my Pure and Smile have at least one UR each and full team of SRs. So when I play a Cool event even if my Cool team is only SRs, it is going to make me fight people that have one UR and multiple SRs in their team.

Though I can manipulate it back to your my favor which some people use a team of full of SRs for I think 4 matches in a row. It would put me against opponents with just SRs team as well. This increase my chances of winning since the only ones that usually have SRs are those haven't played the game long enough since usually Veterans have at least One UR in the team knowing that UR has way too many benefits to ignore.

I personally never done this on purpose, since for starters I find it pretty disgraceful to try lower your placement to target people who are lowered skill than you. Now you are wondering, what do I mean on purpose. Well the thing is that I have three team: Smile (2 URs, 7 SRs) Pure (2URs, 7 SRs) and Cool (all SRs) so in events I am placed against people that have URs team (if I remember correctly if you have 4 URs then you are placed against people who might have a full team of URs) but sometimes in events it may play mostly Cool songs and that lower my position and I start going against those with just SRs. The reason why I want SRs is in order to replace the ones I have on my teams since I am being placed against UR teams due to two of my team having URs and I want a higher chance to win by getting stronger SRs. I also want a Cool UR so I can finally not lose every time I am playing a Cool Song which why I am happy to find any SR since I can either sacrifice it for a SR Sticker to get a Cool UR or use them to replace someone from my team.

Now you are thinking that there is a many flaws to this and yes there are. For example it isn't guaranteed that every person with URs is a better player or a person with only SRs are a sucky player. If you actually managed to read all of this, you can see this isn't worth it. The only reason why I know of this was because a youtuber told me about how the events worked back when I was a noob and I would later personally experiencing it when my Smile and Pure Team got their first URs and seeing the difficulty spike when I got them. Hell to be honest, I rarely get first place now because I currently have no UR for my Cool Team.

Oh, it's this? Yea, I heard about this but since it's just for Score Matches, I didn't pay enough attention to actually try it =D 

You gave me hope there was something usable for everything :awesome:

However, my teams guarantee me 600-700k (depending on songs) so... I think this strategy is no longer needed :D

I need to see how they fare since I used the previous score match to max bond all the girls :D

EDIT: Now that I think about it... is this still usable? You know, with 4.00 update and skills, having a team of fully idolized SRs could actually be harder to beat than team with URs.

EDIT2: Talking about Score Mode... There is one even MORE ugly tactic =)

Fail/Quit scumming

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

EDIT2: Talking about Score Mode... There is one even MORE ugly tactic =)

Fail/Quit scumming

Actually I heard that is honorable thing to do since you are give your opponent the victory but only quit when it is you and a robot because the robot is broken. It flips a coin and it either loses to you or it beats you by 10% but should you quit, both you and the robot score 0 and the person that stayed gets the victory.

Also just so you know, I am talking about was in this video at 15:50

Edited by TheVader66

Actually I heard that is honorable thing to do since you are give your opponent the victory but only quit when it is you and a robot because the robot is broken. It flips a coin and it either loses to you or it beats you by 10% but should you quit, both you and the robot score 0 and the person that stayed gets the victory.

Also just so you know, I am talking about was in this video at 15:50

Oh, interesting. 

Though, it seems to be for old version, lol =D (Especially the fact about conserving LPs, since that does not matter now :D)

But I was talking about this kind of Quit/Fail :) From 12:36

Oh, interesting. 

Though, it seems to be for old version, lol =D (Especially the fact about conserving LPs, since that does not matter now :D)

But I was talking about this kind of Quit/Fail :) From 12:36

Oh dear god, that is disgusting. Thank god, I showed you my video first, so we both know that we were talking about different things.

Also yeah, the video that I showed is from a channel called Eryn Cerise and she basically taught me everything I need to know about Love Live from Team building to abusing the mechanics of it. One thing I learned is that in Score Matches when you choose a difficulty, it takes away the LP it cost but lets say there is a song you are bad with or I said in my previous comment. That there is robot in the match. You press the home button on your phone and swipe it to make it quit but it has to be before the countdown reaches 0.

What happens then is you basically get back your LP you wasted but you don't get any points for it. So it isn't disgusting as the method you showed me. I highly recommend watching everything in that video because it all still applies to the current update (except having a R team to conserve LP) and none are dirty tricks. Also watch her other videos on the other events and but I don't know if she ever showed the Umi Method though. Apparently the Umi method is the fastest way to level up in the game but it requires your starter to be Umi and you have to do something in the very beginning. 

Edited by TheVader66

Oh dear god, that is disgusting. Thank god, I showed you my video first, so we both know that we were talking about different things.

Also yeah, the video that I showed is from a channel called Eryn Cerise and she basically taught me everything I need to know about Love Live from Team building to abusing the mechanics of it. One thing I learned is that in Score Matches when you choose a difficulty, it takes away the LP it cost but lets say there is a song you are bad with or I said in my previous comment. That there is robot in the match. You press the home button on your phone and swipe it to make it quit but it has to be before the countdown reaches 0.

What happens then is you basically get back your LP you wasted but you don't get any points for it. So it isn't disgusting as the method you showed me. I highly recommend watching everything in that video because it all still applies to the current update (except having a R team to converse LP) and none are dirty tricks. Also watch her other videos on the other events and but I don't know if she ever showed the Umi Method though. Apparently the Umi method is the fastest way to level up in the game but it requires your starter to be Umi and you have to do something in the very beginning. 

Okay, definitely seems worth checking. And the bot closing is also worthy... especially considering how the bots work.

Okay, definitely seems worth checking. And the bot closing is also worthy... especially considering how the bots work.

Yeah like she taught me that the Gold Silver boost in Medley Event is bullshit. Also she says something about saving a lot of LP but I am too stupid to understand it, I am wondering if you will get it and if it is beneficial enough to pull off (she talks about it at 16:39) though watch the video from the very beginning if you want to know how some parts of the Medley Events are bullshit and some are beneficial. 

Edited by TheVader66

Yeah like she taught me that the Gold Silver boost in Medley Event is bullshit. 

You were using it? :D

Also she says something about saving a lot of LP but I am too stupid to understand it, I am wondering if you will get it and if it is beneficial enough to pull off (she talks about it at 16:39)

Yea, that's something I was also using. But... once again, it doesn't matter much for us now.

What she's doing is conserving LP in case you need to sleep/need to go out for a long while and so on.

You choose the Medley song to drain LP, leave the app running because you need to go and then when you return, you simply play the song and you get replenished LPs ;)

Example: Suppose you have 120LP and you need to go to work and return in 10 hours. You have limited time, so you can only play 3 EX songs, you do that, spending 60LP, 60LP remains but you have to go immediately. Crap, 10 hours is 100 LP, you would lose 40LP! No way! So... what you do is simply choosing the 3 EX song medley = your LP becomes 0, you leave the app running and go to work. Once you return, your 3 EX song medley will be waiting for you and... 100LP :D

I've been doing this when I had 100-115LPs to play two 3 EX medleys in a row. (I drained 60LP, waited set amount to have 60LP, play the medley and then play 3 EX one again :) It was simply something I preferred, no huge time save or something :D)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

You were using it? :D

hahaha nope, I saw her video first before trying out any upgrades.

Yea, that's something I was also using. But... once again, it doesn't matter much for us now.

What she's doing is conserving LP in case you need to sleep/need to go out for a long while and so on.

You choose the Medley song to drain LP, leave the app running because you need to go and then when you return, you simply play the song and you get replenished LPs ;)

Example: Suppose you have 120LP and you need to go to work and return in 10 hours. You have limited time, so you can only play 3 EX songs, you do that, spending 60LP, 60LP remains but you have to go immediately. Crap, 10 hours is 100 LP, you would lose 40LP! No way! So... what you do is simply choosing the 3 EX song medley = your LP becomes 0, you leave the app running and go to work. Once you return, your 3 EX song medley will be waiting for you and... 100LP :D

I've been doing this when I had 100-115LPs to play two 3 EX medleys in a row. (I drained 60LP, waited set amount to have 60LP, play the medley and then play 3 EX one again :) It was simply something I preferred, no huge time save or something :D)

Ohh, yeah I would have fucked it up somehow and wasted the LP. 

hahaha nope, I saw her video first before trying out any upgrades.

Good for you :)

To get Gold reward, you simply need to go over 1000 combo :)

That worked for me most of the times :) It's absolutely pointless to waste 100k. 

In medleys, I only buy Points Up, because anything else is a waste of money =D (Ignore the fact that I have 20M, okay? :P)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I love that these messages from Eli starting appearing way more often after I chose Honoka over Eli. Also she appears the most in my homescreen out of any of my other cards......it's over Eli, I moved on just please don't make this harder than it already was.

dbfdf_zpsa5bbc9cr.pngegrds_zpsvmnmwr7n.pnggdfgdfe_zpswnhdy0pj.pngdgegr_zpsrxvauemn.png

Edited by TheVader66

I just realized that I can idolize them with just one N sticker. All I have to do is idolize them, raise their level and bond to max, get a Love gem then sell them for money and get back the N sticker I wasted. Time to start mining them love gems since I am close to 50 love gems once again.

sdff_zpsae8of3zk.png

sfdsfdse_zpswrkocnzw.png

gzdwhds_zpsgesxvjf1.png

Edited by TheVader66

I just realized that I can idolize them with just one N sticker. All I have to do is idolize them, raise their level and bond to max, get a Love gem then sell them for money and get back the N sticker I wasted. Time to start mining them love gems since I am close to 50 love gems once again.

sdff_zpsae8of3zk.png

sfdsfdse_zpswrkocnzw.png

gzdwhds_zpsgesxvjf1.png

If you just want the sticker + Loveca, you don't even need the max level =D

Though, Loveca grinding is much easier by simply FCing the Expert songs since there's crapload of them now =D

I'm actually close to 100, lol. (And I did a 50 scout for UR Maki ~week ago xD)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

If you just want the sticker + Loveca, you don't even need the max level =D

Though, Loveca grinding is much easier by simply FCing the Expert songs since there's crapload of them now =D

I'm actually close to 100, lol. (And I did a 50 scout for UR Maki ~week ago xD)

I max level them to complete the goals, just to get them over with:

esfse_zpscnpv8owl.png

Also after playing the Master songs, the Expert songs seem a little slow to me now and a lot easier. I almost Full combo the Pure song: Yujo No-Change on Master then my mom came into my room and startled me causing me to miss one of the beats. 

I max level them to complete the goals, just to get them over with:

I supposed so, but since you said you wanted to get money back, I thought money were more important :)

Since you only get a small portion back.

Also after playing the Master songs, the Expert songs seem a little slow to me now and a lot easier. I almost Full combo the Pure song: Yujo No-Change on Master then my mom came into my room and startled me causing me to miss one of the beats. 

Damn, know this way too well =D

It just proves the concentration is real :D

I supposed so, but since you said you wanted to get money back, I thought money were more important :)

Since you only get a small portion back.

Oh I already got the money back. I sold some SR max levels and got a lot money from it. I think they give more coins the higher the levels.