Styx: Shards of Darkness gets Delayed to Q1 2017

Jak

Explaining the delay, Patrick Pligersdorffer, boss of developer Cyanide, said:

With this new episode of Styx we updated our engine from Unreal 3 to Unreal 4. This update has brought so much to the Styx series, from graphical enhancements to new gameplay mechanics and features. The engine transition has required some time for our team to adapt to. We're dedicated to providing the best stealth experience possible for players, so in agreement with our publisher Focus, we are delaying the game until the first quarter of 2017.

Yet another delay this year, right after Gravity Rush 2 was just confirmed to be delayed the other day. The funny thing about this particular game is that I called this one out on getting delayed before it happened.

They released a 8-minute game-play video in spite of this unfortunate situation-

Explaining the delay, Patrick Pligersdorffer, boss of developer Cyanide, said:

Yet another delay this year, right after Gravity Rush 2 was just confirmed to be delayed the other day. The funny thing about this particular game is that I called this one out on getting delayed before it happened.

They released a 8-minute game-play video in spite of this unfortunate situation-

I can see why it was delayed. It needs tons of help.

Meh, I don't have enough money to buy games on day one so delays don't really cramp my style.

I surprised a sequel even exists.

The first game was great, got great ratings, and was said by some to be one of the best stealth games. I wasnt ever surprised because it was very fun, had a lot of gp variety, an actual story thrilling one at that, and was simply a great stealth game.

• Like 1