Something Uber Something Something Checklist Something

TehUberCheezCatz

Don't worry. I would probably do a worse job at making a checklist.

Can't say I know the games on your backlog too well. Vice City and San Andreas aren't too difficult. Metro Last Light is fairly good for a first person shooter and all trophies are offline which is nice. I've yet to start Mass Effect but definitely start that game up as it's a good series.

I'm kind of curious why you have Super Meat Boy on your backlog yet you have Surgeon Simulator and I Am Bread on never gonna finish. Having watched several gameplay videos it seems to me that they're all painfully difficult, but they garner a lot of respect on PSNProfiles so if you're willing to devote hundreds of hours of time, definitely get those going. Always nice to have that Ultra Rare platinum that's below one percent.

• Like 1

Don't worry. I would probably do a worse job at making a checklist.

I doubt it

Can't say I know the games on your backlog too well. Vice City and San Andreas aren't too difficult. Metro Last Light is fairly good for a first person shooter and all trophies are offline which is nice. I've yet to start Mass Effect but definitely start that game up as it's a good series.

Metro is there cause I only just finished 2033, and I made myself finish 2033 before touching LL, and VC & SA are due to me working on 3 first.

I'm kind of curious why you have Super Meat Boy on your backlog yet you have Surgeon Simulator and I Am Bread on never gonna finish. Having watched several gameplay videos it seems to me that they're all painfully difficult, but they garner a lot of respect on PSNProfiles so if you're willing to devote hundreds of hours of time, definitely get those going. Always nice to have that Ultra Rare platinum that's below one percent.

Oh shit, didn't notice this, yeah I probably can't finish SMB, don't have the time to waste, nor the skillz.  Also should throw OlliOlli & OlliOlli2 in NGF too. Same problem with them.

Yeah I don't know if I want to die literally 30,000 times in Super Meat Boy. I Am Bread requires you to do levels a very specific way to get that trophy, and OlliOlli2 you need good reflexes and perfectly timed moves for Rad Mode.

I'd probably break my Vita AND my controllers in the process.

• Like 1

Most of the games you'll never finish are frustratingly difficult to plat, so I can understand giving up on them. I Platinumed Surgeon Simulator myself, and it is a daunting task. One of the hardest trophy sets I ever tackled. I eventually plan to beat Super Meat Boy, I Am Bread and Furi, which you've already beaten ;). Hopefully I can beat that game, at some point, this year. Also massive respect for the Skyrim platinum, that was a major investment in time and effort. Your platinums are all good games in general, you should maybe do a little section, talking about each of them.

Edited by James_Tonto

Your platinums are all good games in general, you should maybe do a little section, talking about each of them.

I tried doing that before, and I realised that trying to come up with something to say about 66 platinums is not an easy task, especially when I can't remember parts of my early plats.

Most of the games you'll never finish are frustratingly difficult to plat, so I can understand giving up on them. I Platinumed Surgeon Simulator myself, and it is a daunting task. One of the hardest trophy sets I ever tackled. I eventually plan to beat Super Meat Boy, I Am Bread and Furi, which you've already beaten ;). Hopefully I can beat that game, at some point, this year.

Props on Surgeon Sim, but of those 4, Furi is probably the easiest, hence why it's the only one I'm probably ever gonna finish.

Also massive respect for the Skyrim platinum, that was a major investment in time and effort. Your platinums are all good games in general, you should maybe do a little section, talking about each of them.

Thanks, but (and I see this alot) I keep seeing Skyrim referred to as a very long platinum, when in actuality I think it only took me a week.  I mean, I didn't do the DLC so that subtracted a couple hours but still.

Edited by TehUberCheezCatz

I tried doing that before, and I realised that trying to come up with something to say about 66 platinums is not an easy task, especially when I can't remember parts of my early plats.

Props on Surgeon Sim, but of those 4, Furi is probably the easiest, hence why it's the only one I'm probably ever gonna finish.

Thanks, but (and I see this alot) I keep seeing Skyrim referred to as a very long platinum, when in actuality I think it only took me a week.  I mean, I didn't do the DLC so that subtracted a couple hours but still.

I find Furi pretty difficult to beat myself. I don't know if it's just more practice I need, but I stopped at boss 7 The Burst for now. I'm kind of dreading the 'That was intense' Trophy. Whenever I decide to go back and finish off this game. Hopefully I do manage to plat it, cause I do enjoy the game overall. It's visually interesting, combat is slick n solid, but the boss difficulty peaks and drops a lot. =/ 

As for Skyrim, I kinda couldn't help but just go off, wandering into Tombs and Dungeons all the time. So it took me awhile to get through as much of the game. As I have managed.

#67 - Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands

1Lb1291f.png

Overall I had fun with what short time I played this, I mean the combat & platforming were not refined so that somewhat annoyed me, but overall, pretty good.  Makes me interested to check out the other PoPs

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to get into the Prince of Persia games for quite some time now, but will hold off on that until I get some of my backlog done and away with.

Would you recommend them? I heard they're mostly platforming in the kind of sense that Jak, Ratchet and Sly are.

I wanted to get into the Prince of Persia games for quite some time now, but will hold off on that until I get some of my backlog done and away with.

Would you recommend them? I heard they're mostly platforming in the kind of sense that Jak, Ratchet and Sly are.

The only Prince of Persia game I've ever played was Forgotten Sands, so I don't think I'm the best judge on the series as a whole, but Forgotten Sands was a fun little game to kill 8 hours in.  The game does have quite a bit of platforming, but not in same sense as the Jak or Sly games (Can't say anything compared to Rachet as I haven't seen them at all) as your doing alot more with wall climbing (due to the whole wallrunning thing) along with the water stopping power. So if you see it on sale, maybe pick it up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

#74 - Batman: Arkham Origins

1L1dd0af.png

This game has divided many people to saying whether it's bad or not, and there's things I hate in this game, like:

A: Far less reaction time on the counters then any of the other games.

B: The map is too big for the amount of stuff you actually do in it.

C: The Dark Knight Challenge system. (Locking upgrades required for challenge maps behind a bunch of challenges? Like really?)

D : The fact that they switched detective mode & the quickfire gadget buttons. (Quickfiring with a DS3 trigger is quite finicky I feel)

E: A buggy as fuck multiplayer

However there are things I like about this game, like the crime scene sections, which is some of the coolest shit I've seen in games).  The multiplayer, when it worked, was actually kinda fun.  Fast Travel (Always a win in my book).  Some of the new mooks (like martial artists & venom users) I feel kept the combat interesting throughout the game.

So, all in all, it's both one of the better ones, and one of the worse ones for me.

• 2 weeks later...

#75 - Grand Theft Auto III

1L0ccc83.png

Well, the platinum day's come again for 2016, and with it, it has brought GTA3's plat.

GTA 3, I enjoyed despite the glaring flaws of being a launch PS2 game, like no free camera movment, cars that flip way too easily, and shotguns being super OP.

But, hey, at least there isn't shitty bike or helicopter controls in this one.  Just the Dodo, which you never have to touch, ever.

• Like 1

#77 - Zombie Army Trilogy

1L25abce.png

Game was really fun, if not repetitive at times (I can't count how many times "Survive the Siege" popped up).

The only really grindy things were 10000 limbs & 25 fire demons killed, but those wern't too bad.

Basically get this is A: You like Sniper Elite's gameplay, and B: Have friends to play with. (Thanks CMH777)

• 2 weeks later...