What are your thoughts on the creepy clown sightings?

jackmadrox

It just annoys me how there's two different people in this scenarios. People who are treating it like a joke, dressing up as clowns, running around with weapons, making threats, but have no intentions of doing anything.. And then people who actually have intentions of harming someone. It's like you don't even know if a threat is real or not anymore just because how idiotic people can be. Then when one of the idiots gets shot who was doing this as a joke, there's gonna be some sort of huuuuuge uproar to that population of people who thought that the individual did nothing wrong .....

I really just hate people nowadays, why can't people just be civil god damn it.

• Like 3

I hate clowns... since i was a little child.

I was once with my whole family in the circus and i didn't like there... the loud athmosphere; the screeching people; kids, the way they  dealt with the poor elephant, so that the animal with the giant ball stupid art pieces makes and especially creppy; dumb clowns..

I always start crying and fled behind my mother

Edited by Shirokane84
  • Like 1

Has this been going on for a while? I don't want to watch the video and op didn't post any words. I haven't heard of any creepy clowns before this. The closest thing I've heard to clowns recently in the news was reports on the debates.

Edited by kuuhaku

I don't see the problem with clown sightings.These reporters and people that film it and post it online are just looking for attention maybe.As long as the clowns are not robbing,raping,or murdering anybody what's the problem?People are scared of clowns but what's so creepy about them? If I was walking down a dark alley and seen a clown just standing there looking creepy I'd probably run and hop some fences just to get an adrenaline rush or i would say what's up clown and walk away. I wouldn't call the police or film the clown.Most clowns are quiet that's probably creepy and the makeup or masks too.

Has this been going on for a while? I don't want to watch the video and op didn't post any words. I haven't heard of any creepy clowns before this. The closest thing I've heard to clowns recently in the news was reports on the debates.

I remember it popping up a year or two ago but I think it was only in one or two States. My guess is now that the news reported on it, other people figured they could get it in on it in other States.

One or two mentally disturbed people decided to be creepy one day. Or maybe just terrible people who have that filter in their brain shut off, the one that says, "No, that's a bad idea" whenever you get a bad idea. Then there's reports that originate only from witnesses that are children, and the parents that pass on these reports second hand from their children. Because millennial-aged helicopter moms (Thank you, The Division) forget that children have imaginations. Then you got the internet, which as you may know, is a terrible place. Who see this thing stirring around, think "Hey, that's a great bandwagon to jump onto!" and put on their own clown suits and trot around town, because once again, that filter I just told you about is shut off. Probably those same morons, right in the middle of the West Africa Ebola virus epidemic, who propagated the spread of rumors of Ebola creating zombies because zombies are cool. So that's my thoughts on why this is probably a thing.

This thing has been floating around in the periphery for a couple years now. The occasional report of some creepy fuck dressing up as a clown and being creepy because that's his thing. It's recently exploded because the internet has terrible judgement on what needs to be the trending meme.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 2

Ever since the first Purge movie. It picked up pace with Purge: Anarchy and now has become something of a problem.

Ever since the first Purge movie. It picked up pace with Purge: Anarchy and now has become something of a problem.

Can't blame this on a movie. Although, I'll admit The Purge series has had more influence than one would think... So maybe you're onto something there. But then, like I said before, you can't blame this on a movie. That would be like blaming video games for the violence we see in society, and that is a tired argument. Like in the 90's when Mortal Kombat, Doom, and Marilyn Manson were blamed for influencing the Columbine shootings. It's entertainment folks. Not to be emulated. It's okay to be fan of horror movies and horror music and violent video games. But however, it is OUR obligation to enjoy violent entertainment responsibly. 

Can't blame this on a movie. Although, I'll admit The Purge series has had more influence than one would think... So maybe you're onto something there. But then, like I said before, you can't blame this on a movie. That would be like blaming video games for the violence we see in society, and that is a tired argument. Like in the 90's when Mortal Kombat, Doom, and Marilyn Manson were blamed for influencing the Columbine shootings. It's entertainment folks. Not to be emulated. It's okay to be fan of horror movies and horror music and violent video games. But however, it is OUR obligation to enjoy violent entertainment responsibly. 

Exactly.  The people who do this carry on must have an ongoing mental issue where it makes them more easily influenced by this sort of stuff.  People, especially parents (and they are to blame for buying their kids 18 rated stuff in the first place) are so fast to point blame at games/movies without looking at the situation properly.