What are your thoughts on the creepy clown sightings?

jackmadrox

Can't blame this on a movie. Although, I'll admit The Purge series has had more influence than one would think... So maybe you're onto something there. But then, like I said before, you can't blame this on a movie. That would be like blaming video games for the violence we see in society, and that is a tired argument. Like in the 90's when Mortal Kombat, Doom, and Marilyn Manson were blamed for influencing the Columbine shootings. It's entertainment folks. Not to be emulated. It's okay to be fan of horror movies and horror music and violent video games. But however, it is OUR obligation to enjoy violent entertainment responsibly. 

I'm most definitely not blaming it on the movies but like you said, it obviously had at least a partial influence on these people.

• Like 1

Getting beat up is one thing. The first clown gets shot and 90% of these jokers will stop dicking around. The 10% that won't are the ones genuinely looking to murder someone (who won't be randomly walking down the street or hanging in a park in the open) , and the psychologically disturbed (not mutually exclusive).

Getting beat up is one thing. The first clown gets shot and 90% of these jokers will stop dicking around.

Yep. When somebody gets killed, that's when this will most likely stop. Sad that somebody has to die for the danger to finally sink into the thick skulls of the people doing this. 

• Like 1

If one gets within 200ft of me, there's gonna be problems. That's what I think about it.

Lol I doubt it.

I don't get why they think they're scaring anyone with this. Clowns are funny.

If they really wanted to creep people out they should all just walk around dressed as my ex.

I'v never met a single person who thought traditional clowns were funny.

Getting beat up is one thing. The first clown gets shot and 90% of these jokers will stop dicking around. The 10% that won't are the ones genuinely looking to murder someone (who won't be randomly walking down the street or hanging in a park in the open) , and the psychologically disturbed (not mutually exclusive).

My prediction too. Surprised it hasn't happened already, 80 guns per capita and not a single clown's been shot?

Ever since the first Purge movie. It picked up pace with Purge: Anarchy and now has become something of a problem.

If you're going to run around threatening people because of a movie at least choose a series that isn't complete and utter shit.

I'm waiting for one to show up here...

I've got the shotgun sitting beside the front door...

Of course...I'm not prejudiced against clowns...I'll shoot at anybody trespassing on my property...

Course, the word has already gotten out...NOBODY just shows up here anymore without a courtesy phone call first. Now if I can just get the message thru to the skunks and possums and I'll be in heaven.  

Edited by PSXtreme_

I think social media is the venereal disease of our times and unfortunately some people can't think for themselves and have to follow trends. So currently it's creepy clowns regardless of the fact that clowns have always been creepy (Therefore nothing new) as displayed by ICP and Slipknot. So if I see any that are clearly kids I'll praise their parents for having children active in the community rather than playing video games at home.

• Like 2

Here where I live there was recently a young guy who scared a lady dressed as a clown with KILLER written across his forehead. If I saw a clown obviously trying to be creepy then I'd just pay him no mind. But if he's approaching me or seriously chasing kids then I'd punch first and ask questions later.

I've always hated clowns anyway. Not because I find them creepy or scary, but because I DON'T find them neither creepy/scary nor funny. Which leaves annoying and boring as the only options. Even in horror and general darkness, I find clowns boring and just played out.

Edited by Dark Hallow

That is awesome. I want that to spread around to other states so they can have their own Batman running around and then maybe, just maybe, a Bat signal can be a thing. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Clowns were meant to entertain children in times past, but they are simply a trend in which people follow because it's the oh-so-popular thing to do in the media now.

There are various actual reports of people dressing up as clowns committing crimes, but I think those are few and far between. I think people are simply into the creepy clown sighting because it's part of the paranormal. Like ghosts, werewolves, Bigfoot and Loch Ness monster sightings. Nothing new at all.

No clown compares to John Wayne Gacy. He was a real killer and predator, and did most of his crimes in a clown suit.